TST System

bigdob24

I bought a 507 TST RV system.
I have it installed ( very easy) and used my Milton air chuck with the gauge built in to adjust pressure.
I inflated the tires to 80 psi and then installed the sensors and they registered around 5-6 psi lower.
The TST people claim there sensors are more accurate than my air gauge . They told me there sensors are accurate within around 1 - 1.5 psi
If that is accurate my gauge is 6psi off.
Has anyone else experienced this and what was your final result?
Need to find a calibrated air gauge some where I guess.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have more than two air gauges and they all read within one or two psi different.
I rely mostly on my Slime brand digital.

Peace
Dave

hriker

I have a 507 TST system as well and have found that my air pressure gauge is consistently 4 psi lower then what my TST system reports. If you were to use 4 gauges I believe you would get 4 different readings. I know a number of people who use the TST system and praise it for early warning with a tire temperature or PSI issue. I have had my system for 1.5 years and have used the TST reading as correct/accurate with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

dbbls59

You will loose a little pressure as you screw on the sensors. I doubt if you would loose 6 pounds however. My TST is usually within one or two pounds of my pressure gauge.

ILH

I've found my TST system to be very accurate. I initially bought the 4 sensor system for the trailer, then bought 2 more for the rear tires of my truck. Now I feel better monitoring my truck's temperatures too.

pegmikef

I have it installed ( very easy) and used my Milton air chuck with the gauge built in to adjust pressure.
I inflated the tires to 80 psi and then installed the sensors and they registered around 5-6 psi lower.
The TST people claim there sensors are more accurate than my air gauge . They told me there sensors are accurate within around 1 - 1.5 psi.

I use the built in gauge that came with my Viair 450P compressor and it routinely registers about 1 to 2 psi more than the TST sensors show. Knowing this I routinely top them off at 111 psi per my air gauge and they always register 110 psi. The air pressure gauge I got from Camping World is off 1 or 2 PSI. At the Amana rally I and several other folks tested our gauges on the same tire and the delta was three to four psi between all the gauges. No two were exactly the same.

bigdob24

Do you all set your air pressure by the sensor reading And not the air gauge?
Thanks for all the help
Dan

MotoLynx27x

I just ordered the 507 four sensor kit with the flow through sensors and I also went ahead and bought the repeater as well as I have seen how some owners have said the first trip the sensors report fine and then susequent trips they work intermittently. Looking forward to getting these installed!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hope you didn't waste your money on the repeater. We have the TST system in use on our 43 foot Landmark and have had no difficulty (had it for over a year) with loosing signal without the repeater. Good luck we love our system

'Lil Guy'

Which is best? The flow thru or just the cap? This could be a real life savor. Kind of leery hanging a weight on the end of the valve stem. I have metal stems on my 5er. Has anyone ever had an issue with them. I like the idea of the flow thru design but they would be longer. Do you need to hve our tires rebalanced with them on? Thanks in advance

whp4262

I have the TST-507 as well and 12 sensors. Sometimes I drop the receiver in the tray between the seats so I found the repeater to be worth the extra cost because of the stronger signal. I have also found that my sensors read about 3 to 4 psi lower then my pressure gage does but when comparing all of the sensor and gage readings between tires it has been pretty consistent. Not sure which is more accurate, the gage or the sensors but guess I never worried much about 5 psi one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whp4262

Which is best? The flow thru or just the cap? This could be a real life savor. Kind of leery hanging a weight on the end of the valve stem. I have metal stems on my 5er. Has anyone ever had an issue with them. I like the idea of the flow thru design but they would be longer. Do you need to hve our tires rebalanced with them on? Thanks in advance

I did regular sensors on all the tires except the inside duals on the truck. I found the regular sensors are not that hard to remove to put air in the tire except when installed on the inside duals where I found the flow thru to work the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the flow through sensors and have not had any problems with them. I like the flow through so I don't have to remove them to check the air. We used to have sensors that were not flow-through and like the flow through much better.