New To The Heartland Forum

photomac

Doing some research for our eventual moveup into a 5th wheel. Presently owners of a 2005 3310 Sunnybrook Travel Trailer...Looked at Sunnybrook for a number of years before I bought, and wouldn't you know...once I bought one, things started to slide at Sunnybrook, especially re: customer aftercare.

Soooooooooooooo....before I make the jump, I'm looking for answers.

I realize a trailer is a "machine" and they have imperfections. I used to sell boats, I know.

Given that, are you all happy owners with regards to the way your dealers and the factory treated you AFTER the sale and any problems showed up?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When Heartland first started building RV's they had some issues. I think they have come a long way in the past few years and build a very nice unit in this price range. If you look through the older posts you can see how the problems have decreased and how owners of newer units are reporting fewer and fewer problems. Yes, there are still problems as do other manufacturers but Heartland Customer Service is fantastic. This forum has a lot to do with their growth and how they work with their owners. We have no regrets and if we ever buy another 5th wheel, you can bet it will be a Heartland Product. Unless of course we win the lotto. The sky's the limit then.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Welcome Photomac. We've been very happy with the Heartland Factory and staff response. We purchased from a dealer a few hundred miles away so after the sale service from the dealer was never a factor for us. It would be hard to find a manufacturer more owner involved though.

Tom of Ypsi

Photomac,

Welcome to the Heartland forum. I for one am a happy owner. The factory is above and beyond any company I have ever dealt with in this industry. As far as dealers, do your homework, but most are reputable but like anything else there are some that are not. I believe Heartland tries to do the best they can on selecting dealerships. Read all you can on this forum and I do believe you will find the best rv info on the internet.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Welcome to the forum. You will get a lot of information here and I know that many others will address your question.

As for me, the Heartland company will absolutely stand behind their product. I can personally attest to this as I know many others can too. Over the past 3 years that I have owned a Heartland product I have see the company grow leaps and bounds. They continue to strive for excellant quality in their products. They listen to the owners and potential customers. They monitor this forum and are active on this forum. You will see that in each individual product heading there is an "Ask The Factory" section. Upon moderator approval, anything posted in this section will be addressed by the factory or possibly a knowlegeable owner.

Please take some time to look through the forum to read about what others have said. You can do a search on just about anything in particular to help in your quest.

Since you sold boats then you already know that a dealer can really make or break your experience when purchasing an RV. I have been fortunate that my dealer has been absolutely awesome. Unfortunately for some others out there, the dealer really made the experience a bad one therefore the experience tends to stretch to the Heartland product for the customer.

Well I hope this helps a little and I wish you good luck in your quest.

Mark

Last edited:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I'm a former Sunnybrook owner and was pleased with my former trailer and was set to order another. I thought I'd check out every brand out there before deciding to stick with Sunnybrook. I was surprised when reading on the former Sunnybrook forum about a member park next to a Heartland trailer and how nice it was ,so decided to check them out. When we first stepped into the the rig the DW looked at me and said it gives the same feeling when we stepped into the our first Sunnybrook. We have no regrets since we bought our Bighorn and service from Heartland ,dealer have been excellent. I just suggest to check all the brands ,everyone sees a product in different ways but am sure a Heartland Product will get you thinking. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.....Ken

photomac

I'm a former Sunnybrook owner and was pleased with my former trailer and was set to order another.

Thanks.

We are early in our plans to move up so we have plent of time to check them all out...but, I did like what I saw on the Heartland website; so came her first.It's nice to know that there are a few other Sunnybrook owners that chose Heartland.

It's NOT that we don't like our Sunnybrook layout and interior features, but the current Sunnybrook philosophy is not what built that company & if we were going to eventually spend the money a Sunnybrook Titan costs, we needed to look at manufacturers that truely embrace their customers.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks.

We are early in our plans to move up so we have plent of time to check them all out...but, I did like what I saw on the Heartland website; so came her first.It's nice to know that there are a few other Sunnybrook owners that chose Heartland.

It's NOT that we don't like our Sunnybrook layout and interior features, but the current Sunnybrook philosophy is not what built that company & if we were going to eventually spend the money a Sunnybrook Titan costs, we needed to look at manufacturers that truely embrace their customers.

Truly been there and know how you feel. The thing that did help decide beside price was alot of options on the Titans were standard on the Bighorns. Its a shame Sunnybrook is losing sales because they did have a lot of loyal rebuying customers and still think its a top of the line trailer...Ken

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
After reading your posts here about Sunnybrook I decided to take a look for myself. I was quite suprised. They look pretty nice but you are right about thing, a lot of their options are standard on the Heartland Landmark. Sad to hear the company is loosing their interest in the customer.

soilmovers

We are first time RV owners. After much research, we felt the Heartland was the best quality rig for the money.

I will have to admit, some of our problems were operator error but the Heartland customer service has ALWAYS been there.

AND, if it wasn't for the help from this forum, I would be divorced by now or serving time...........lol

Cindy