Dryer Vent Install Through the Floor

ToeMoss

Good Day Gang!!!

I'm getting ready to install a washer and dryer (STACKED) in the ole Savannah and really considering about installing the vent through the floor and underbelly skirting, as I'm really not wanting to install the vent out the front side of my rig. Has anyone performed this venting measure? Is it even a good idea? Pros/Cons???? Thanks in advance!!

lynndiwagoner

I haven't done that but I'm thinking the dryer vent should be as short as possible, as stated in my Splendide manual. Seems like out the side is the easiest and shortest route. It will be interesting to see the replies.

jjriker

I don't know anything about installing a vent in the floor, but just wanted to mention that our washer/dryer is vented in the side, and we had it painted to match the body paint. It looks very natural and we are glad that we made that decision.

ILH

I would think your biggest issue is having the vent open vs closed when not in use. Typical vents are mounted on vertical surfaces with a louver or door mechanism that opens with air pressure. If you mount it under the RV, you'll have a continuously open gap - with insects and/or rodents getting access. ...just thinking out loud. As you're from Texas, I doubt cold temperatures are a significant problem for you. :rolleyes:

travlingman

I don't know anything about installing a vent in the floor, but just wanted to mention that our washer/dryer is vented in the side, and we had it painted to match the body paint. It looks very natural and we are glad that we made that decision.

This is the way we did ours.