BH - Which Maxx Air Vent Covers for 3160

Oregon_Camper

Hey Guys...

I want to install 2 Maxx Air Vents on my new Bighorn 3160, but I'm not sure which size vents to purchase? Anyone know which vent to purchase? I'm only looking for the rain cover version, not the power fan version.

Thanks,
Jim

Oregon_Camper

The bathroom vent is powered, but I have to manually raise the vent cover. The vent in the back of the trailer has a remote that raises/lowers the vent cover...and of course the remote turns the fan on/off. Looking from the top of the trailer, the covers are just basic covers...nothing special.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I don't know the model numbers, but the normal size vent cover is the one you wNt for the bathroom. Sounds like the other, with the remote, is a Fantastic Fan and needs the corresponding cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If your ceiling vents look like this (Ventadome 3094):

ProwlerVentLid-P1000086.jpg ProwlerVentLidInside-P1000092.jpg

The MaxxAir II's will not mount unless you make your own brackets or drill holes in the roof.

I've been trying to find out from MaxxAir, Heartland and Dexter/Ventine about support for these new vents for several months to no avail.

Ventline doesn't even show these on their website . . . yet I have three of them (only one with fan) on our Prowler.

JohnD

I got an email response from Ventline/Dexter, the information is in this post.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bones

I got an email response from Ventline/Dexter:

Thank you for your email submitted through the Ventline website. I’m not sure specifically about the MaxxAir II cover but some of the Maxxair covers will fit on our new roof vents with the plastic flange (V3092 and V3094 series). Maxxair covers produced after July 1, 2014 have the hardware kits so they can be installed on either our vents with the metal flange or the plastic flange. Product prior to that time just has the hardware for the metal flange. Customers can call Maxxair’s customer service department for that hardware (316) 832-4357
The maxxair.com website has video of installations on both flange types.

Hope this helps!
Let us know how the install goes.

JohnD

Let us know how the install goes.

I will have to contact MaxxAir again and see if they now have the new brackets available.

Plus, I have two more (three if I can't get brackets) to buy and install.