ATF: ElkRidge - locks for outside storage

hello just bought my first fifth wheel 37 ultimate. within a week of keeping it at my local storage, my battery was stolen and im missing one propane tank. i would like to know if i can order locks for those cabinets keyed alike to the rest of my existing storage compartments so that i dont have to add another key to my ring.(I have to many already) the key has a number on it. and where do i call to order this? is there a parts dept tel number? I guess it would be the same as buying new locks for my existing compartments, And yes I found a better location to store my trailer but dont want to take the chance and still want to lock those compartments. Thanks.

danemayer

Hi hrtelkrobert,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry you've had to go through this.

You can probably get a replacement lock for your battery compartment that matches the cargo door locks by referencing the number on the key. Try these guys. http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Globa...-Locks-and-Keys/GLI-and-FIC-Keys#.VMeSSS6k8Zw

It's dangerous and against code to lock the propane door(s). In the event of a propane leak, a locked compartment could make the difference between a minor inconvenience and a disaster.

You can reach Heartland by calling 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

dbbls59

Although you can not lock the propane storage compartment you can lock the tanks inside it. Use a chain and padlock to secure them in place.

sengli

The thing is if you lock these doors, then some moron will damage the doors to gain access. What you should do is find another storage location with fewer scumbags running around.

jnbhobe

Most rigs have the same ch521 key any way some of the new rigs may have different ones now