North Trail manual slide attachment

medic9016

MIsc142.jpg
100_0780.jpg

1/4 inch socket with a ratchet or a power drill will be need to move the slide. The female end slides on the tab on the end of the slide motor.

Longshot1

Well after reading about the slide attachment I put the slide out. There is nothing under the slide but a flat bottom and nothing above except a flat top. I have a 21FBS. I failed to ask at the PFI. This was only the second North Trail that the dealer had sold so they miss a few things themself. I knew more about somethings than the guy telling me about it. I've asked the factory but no reply yet. Also no info in the folder you get with the trailer. Any help from anybody will be welcome. Thank you. Marty in Denver

CampingJunkie

Longshot1, Medic's picture is from the inside of his TT. The motor is under the couch in his model. In your model the motor is somewhere under your dinette. Try looking under the cushions for the motor and the tool should fit in just as Medic has shown.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer

Longshot1

Slide attchement

Thanks for the reply Jennifer. I just went out to the trailer. Took all the cushioons off of the dinette aera. took the 3 board out and all thats ther is about 4 or 5 inches of space. Nothing mechincal at all. I've asked the factory but with no luck yet. Thank for trying. Marty in Denver

RichL

We have the 21 FBS and luckily we were able to speak with the Heartland rep at the RV show this past weekend. Seems the slide motor in our model is behind the fascia board over the dinette. You need to take the plastic covers off the screws, unscrew the fascia and there on top is the motor. Haven't tried it yet as trailer is up in Fredrick in storage, but the rep showed us on the 21 FBS at the show what to do. Hope this helps ~ RichL

jpmorgan37

Longshot1;

I know that Mike from Heartland has been out of the office and that is the reason that he hasn't answered you. I'm sure you will hear from him as soon as he returns.

John

M

Mcreech

take a look at your slide facia. If it has brown plastic covers across the front, then thats a sure sign that the slide motor is on top of the slide room and not at the bottom.....The slide facia removes in one piece, its very easy to do.....you will have to remove the 4-5 screws behind those brown plastic covers and then the whole slide facia will come off.....

M

Mcreech

The picture that Medic posted at the top is the part you need. It should have been in the blue Heartland folder, that we put in every unit...

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Should those tools come with ALL models? I didn't get one with my Cyclone. Just curious. Isn't it just a 1/4" hex?

Bobbert

21FBS manual operation of slide??

This new owner of 2009 21FBS needs information on how to access slide motor for manual operation. I have the 11 inch flexible tool but cannot locate the motor. Have been told by dealer that I must remove horizontal seat portion of dinette to access but looking at it I can't believe it. Email response from factory rep was very brief ie. motor is under the dinette seat. No info about how to access. I am a bit frustrated by not being able to obtain this very necessary information. Somebody has to know about this. Doesn't this merit a brief direction with maybe a photo or sketch?? Can anyone help me? Thank you, Bob

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Look at the first post in this thread. Medic9016 explained it with pictures.

Also read all the posts in this thread to get a clearer concept of where it is.

jbeletti

Pics and Instructions from Factory on Emergency Slide Operation

The attached images and description below was sent to me for posting by Mike Creech, North Trail Brand Manager.

Hope this paints a better picture of where the motor is located and how to gain access to it.

Jim

From Mike Creech:
The motor is above the slide room behind the Slide fascia....You have to remove the slide fascia (which is held on by 4 screws with brown plastic caps) then you use the flexible tool, place it on the little metal piece sticking out from the motor and you then use a cordless drill to move the slide room in.

Attachments

• NT_Slide_Motor_1.jpg
    NT_Slide_Motor_1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 168
  • NT_Slide_Motor_2.jpg
    NT_Slide_Motor_2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 157

Longshot1

True the ficia is heldon by screws but it is also stapled to the top. once you get the screws out you need to pry the ficia away from the front. Its almost a two person job. One to pry and one to hold it up. Onice I got it off I cut the staples and the screws hold it up just fine. Marty in Denver