Super springs or air bags

rjf199

Debating on whether to put super springs or air bags on my truck. Which is the best application looking at added towing stability vs cost and or maintenance. The retail guy I'm buying from sells both but likes the springs because of no maintenance. Any input is appreciated

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Debating on whether to put super springs or air bags on my truck. Which is the best application looking at added towing stability vs cost and or maintenance. The retail guy I'm buying from sells both but likes the springs because of no maintenance. Any input is appreciated

taking my my super springs off and going with airlift bags

Jim.Allison

If its all the same to you, then I would go with the lightest system. Payload gets eaten up very quickly, 50 lbs here and 50 lbs there chew up available payload. I run with Air-Lift 5000 with internal jounce. The internal jounce is recommended when you have to remove the OEM jounce pads to install the airbags. 7 to 12 psi gives a noticeable improvement in unloaded ride, and 50 psi gives a good leveling of my load, 55 lbs gives me a nice rake when loaded. But I don't know what your tow vehicle is, if you are trying to support an overloaded truck then you need to address the springs, if your looking to level your load then the bags are your answer.

Bogie

I use air bags with individual adjustment. They work well for me.

One advantage is that when not hooked up to the trailer, you can let the air out to improve the ride.

DocFather

//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DocFather //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
What are you hauling?

41 ft Gateway 5th wheel. Just upgraded to a 2015 Chevy 3500LTZ D/A Dually

Great choice in truck. Air Bags for sure.

jnbhobe

If you are to the point of hitting the joust bumpers you are way overloaded with a 3500 dually.

Subdrv

Just input, I pulled my cyclone 4000 with a 2015 Chevy 3500 dually, 18000 pounds, pin weight is around 3900#. This past year I pulled it from Florida to Washington State and back about 8k miles. Just stock suspension. The truck rides level and no issues with pulling. I would try pulling it first before spending the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I put bags on my GMC 3500HD DRW only to stop bottoming out on bad dips in the road if you don't see them coming. I have pulled the Horn both ways... it rides level and rides about the same either way. The "super springs" will make your truck ride terrible unloaded.