HighPointe Microwave EM044K9E Unpacking

karz

This may be a dumb question but we can't find the answer - so here goes...
We noticed that the view through the glass microwave door seemed real cloudy. It wasn't condensation but we found that there is a thick plastic covering on the inside of the glass window. We started to remove it - thinking it was for packing and should be removed - however our concern is that if we take this off, food could potentially get caught between the glass and the black "honeycomb" covering. So the question is, should this plastic protection cover be removed or left on? If removed, has anyone had problems with food getting caught between the glass and "honeycomb" cover?

pegmikef

I can't help you much because mine doesn't have a plastic covering and the black mesh appearance seems to be part of the glass door. Is it just a film like they put on new glass or clear plastic surfaces to protect them from getting scratched before they reach the consumer or what?

karz

The clear plastic is like what would be put on the glass to protect it BUT it's about 5x's thicker than the clear plastic they put on the control button panel. The "mesh" is raised and if we take the thick plastic off we are concerned it will be very hard to clean. Not sure if the thick plastic should be removed or not.

pegmikef

I don't know about that then because the mesh on mine is NOT raised. I am going to Camping world later today and maybe they will have a floor model I can look at and ask about.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Two suggestions: 1) Look in the owners manual; or 2) Call the manufacturer of the microwave.

pegmikef

I don't know about that then because the mesh on mine is NOT raised. I am going to Camping world later today and maybe they will have a floor model I can look at and ask about.

Yeah, go with John's suggestion. I went to Camping World by the Villages in Florida, but all they had were Dometic microwaves and none of them had a plastic liner on the inside of the door.

truckmen

Hello Karz (and other readers),

As far as I know, being a recent owner of a brand new 5er Big Country, ours also has that clear plastic overlay you'd mentioned on the inside and it looks to us as an item meant to stay in place.
There WAS a 1-inch white plastic tape above it that we pulled off. This probably doesn't help you much. Just my 2 pennies.

Ralph

BLHFUN

I have the same unit, but don't remember a film on the inside. I'll be at storage tomorrow and see what I can find. I know that unit number well, because I broke the darn turn table. It 60 bucks to replace it.... So don't break it! 😁