Total width of 305RW

I have been looking online only at the Road Warrior line. I am curious what the actual width of the 305RW is as I have a 10 foot opening to my storage area for the trailer. Can anyone provide that info?

DocFather

Legally, it cannot be wider than 102" in most states. Some states that is 96". Otherwise permits are required. I am not sure if that includes the ladder or not. I am pretty sure the 305RW is 96" wide

Here are 2 interesting reads:

http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.com/2009/07/rv_size.php

http://permits.scranet.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/SCRA_PM_1012.pdf

2015 HEARTLAND ROAD WARRIOR 305RW
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) 15,500 lbs
Dry Weight 10,955 lbs
Hitch Weight 2,467 lbs
Carrying Capacity
Width 8' 5"
Height 13' 3"
Length 36' 0"

porthole

Retired
I have been looking online only at the Road Warrior line. I am curious what the actual width of the 305RW is as I have a 10 foot opening to my storage area for the trailer. Can anyone provide that info?

101" wide, 8 1/2 feet.

That puts it under most state regs of the 102" limit.

Keep in mind though that the regs don't consider "appurtenances" in the width restrictions. So for your trailer, to get the true width you would need to add the ladder and awning distance that they protrude from the side.

szewczyk_john

I drive with mine off and in the garage as well. Last year I saw a new cyclone and the ladder was flush mounted against the wall and then swung out away from the wall for use. I'm too **** heavy for that crappy ladder anyway. I plan on purchasing a telescoping ladder with some heft. I have been meaning to do that for years but it was never an issue since one of our sons would always be with us, so I'd just send them up there to do what needed done. But know we are planning some trips without the kids so this has to move up on the priority list.

ILH

Same here - I'm too heavy for the factory ladder. My son is 6'4" and built like a fireman - so I can't exactly trust his weight on it either! On one of my trip last summer scooped up a used ladder off Kijiji - one of those folding ones that becomes like a pole. Easily stores in the basement.

porthole

Retired
My son is 6'4" and built like a fireman - so I can't exactly trust his weight on it either! On one of my trip last summer scooped up a used ladder off Kijiji - one of those folding ones that becomes like a pole. Easily stores in the basement.

Some firemen are 5' 9" and 165 :cool:

ILH

Some firemen are 5' 9" and 165 :cool:

Ok - bad example. But you get the picture. I'm 5' 11" and he looks down on my bald spot. :p I stopped wrestling with him a few years ago... I was getting too many bruises.