Molly

porthole

Retired
Molly 12/20/14

So, I took some time off of the forum for about a month.

There is nothing related to camping that does not remind me of my Molly.

Everything we do related to camping and RV'ing was directly because of our dogs. Ever wonder what your dog is thinking when you pet them goodbye and then don't come back for a week or two?
We started "cabin camping" and then moved into the RV world because we hated having to leave them when we went away.

On 12/20 we lost our Molly to renal cancer. Fairly sudden onset of symptoms and a quick demise from there.
Quite heartbreaking for me. Those of you that knew her know that we had quite the relationship.

Regis, our other Golden is so confused and depressed. He is at such a loss now. Those two would play together a good 8 hours out of every day, sometimes to the point they would have to be told to "knock it off already".

Every campground we go to I make it a point to head out to the main campground sign and take pictures of the dogs under the sign. Sometimes going a couple of times until I get the right light. Early December I took the club's idea and made our first calendar of a years worth of those camp pictures.
The calendar came in the same time we lost her, bittersweet.

I sure am going to miss my Mo Mo.

Attachments

• Molly_09-06-14.jpg
    Molly_09-06-14.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 87

porthole

Retired
Molly 12/20/14

So happy at our end of year camp out with the Marigliano's, Proto's and Reyes' November 1st

Attachments

• 201410312_Timothy_Lake copy.jpg
    201410312_Timothy_Lake copy.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 74

jbeletti

Re: Molly 12/20/14

Duane, so sorry for your loss. We've been through too. It hurts.

Great idea on the dog pics and calendar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

So sorry for your loss of a loved one. Trace

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

It will be hard not seeing her lead you around the campground. That's what I'll miss. So sorry for your loss.

chaplady

Sorry for the loss Duane. Molly was one of the group we will miss seeing her. Our thoughts be with you. Liz& Bill

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

So sorry for the passing of Molly. We are all going to miss her around the campfires. She was a magestic beautiful girl. It is hard when mens best friend passes over the rainbow bridge but some day we will all be together again. Miss you Molly and RIP.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Sorry to hear of your loss Duane and Debbie. We lost Sam, our golden retriever a couple of years ago. It was hard and even harder to watch Linda and the kids suffer through it. The positive side is all the memories we have.

Mark

Niles

Duane & Debbie. We too are sorry to hear about Molly, we feel your pain for sure. It's taken a long time for us after losing Tucker to not think of him with tears in my eyes.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

Duane and Debbie I am so sorry for your loss. Molly always had a sweet look on her face and was such a gentle girl. I sure will miss her around the campfires but I am glad we were able to campout together at the end of the season. Rest in peace Ms. Molly until we meet again.

Miller0758

Duane and Debbie, so sorry for the loss of your camping friend Molly. There will always be a part of her wherever you go. Embrace the memories and hold on to them. Lisa and I know your pain as we too lost our camping friend of 14 years, Babe, in the Spring. There wasn't a trip where we didn't miss her.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Duane & Debbie, She is on the other end of rainbow bridge and you will see Mollie again.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

sorry for your loss ! They make it so easy to love them and so hard to say good-bye. Molly loved you guys and she had a great home !!

mobilcastle

Duane & Debbie
One of our Shelties had to be put down 2 days ago. We had Candy for 16 years. I can certainly apreciate your loss.