illuminated control panel

woodworm

Added a small led light to illuminate the control panel at night. Soft light to leave on all night , able to read switches and see stairs without disturbance.
2015 Landmark Newport.

Attachments

• 20150130_185238.jpg
    20150130_185238.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 20150130_185450_LLS.jpg
    20150130_185450_LLS.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 216

jbeletti

Thanks for sharing your mod.

In a previous coach, I used a battery powered LED strip from Ikea. I think it was photocell controlled with a timed off.

When I get my new coach in February, I'll need to figure something out for it. Thanks again for sharing.

ILH

Very interesting MOD. I presume you've tapped into the 12v behind the panel? This is something that has frustrated me - I've hung a small LED flashlight inside the compartment for nighttime use, but this is more elegant. However, I'd need to have an off switch to limit battery drain when in storage.

Brazos

I have found it difficult to select the right rocker switch when it is dark. I think this is a small thing Heartland could incorporate that would really serve a great purpose. Maybe a light with a switch that would come on when the door is opened. Just a suggestion. I know the cost of such a change in labor and parts would be another thing that would add to the cost of the total rig. Seems like I am going to have to pay for it anyway.

woodworm

Yes, it's 12v using VERY minimal current. Has a on-off switch. Light strip is 3" long on a stiff flexible shaft. Cig. plug removed leaving the power and stiff-flex wire intake. Extension wire added to tap into 12v wires behind panel. With solder, mods, and install , took about 30 minute including cleanup.

Attachments

• map light.JPG
    map light.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 112