Rest In Peace Annie

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This is a most difficult post for me to make. As some of you may have seen on Facebook, Maryland Chapter Leader, Ann Walker, passed away on Thursday morning. My heart is extremely heavy with sadness and grief.

Ann made a great fight against cancer and taught me a lesson about what's important in life. She was always smiling no matter how she felt on the inside. I will always cherish the moments we spent together, admire the courage she possessed and the way she showed love to everyone she came to know. She is very much a sister as much as a best friend. I will always be grateful for our time spent together and will forever admire her love of family and friends.

Thank you Annie for bringing out the best in me and for touching me in ways that only a true friend can. I appreciate your friendship more than these simple words can express. I will always cherish what you have given me. Rest in peace my wonderful friend.

Service Information

IMG_1772.jpgAnnie Blur.jpg

Last edited:

jbeletti

Ann Walker was an amazing person. Nancy and I are both so grateful to have known her. Her passing has left a very large hole in the Heartland family. That hole will get smaller over time as we come to terms with the loss and as we fill the hole with new memories we'll all make together as a Heartland family. We will miss you Ann Walker. Rest in peace my friend.

As we all grieve this loss, please keep Ann's husband Michael and the rest of the family in your prayers.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Prayers both for Ann's family and the heartland family that was close to them. Only met them in passing but sounds like she touched many people with her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Our hearts break for the Walkers and the passing of Annie. One of our first rallies were with Mike and Ann and they both made us feel so welcome. Over the following years we grew closer to Annie and her family and became good friends. This heart breaking news comes with many emotions for the Walkers and the Heartland Family. May the Good Lord take care of Annie and Mike and there children,grand children and great grand children. Mike, Diane and Russel and your family, Marjorie and Hank and your families we pray for your comfort and understanding of why Annie was called home way too soon. We are here for you.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a gracious person Ann was. Our Thoughts and Prayers are with all the Walker family.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh my, so sad to read this. Ann supplied the Rally Recipe for the Heartland Highlights Newsletter. Her emails were always so upbeat and positive. She will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ann's passing really hit us hard. When we formed the VA, MD, NC, WV chapter way back in 2008, Mike and Ann were one of our early MD members. Later they volunteered to form a separate MD chapter which they very successfully developed and grew. We always loved seeing them. Ann always had a smile, even during some trying times. I'll always remember her graciousness and laughter (even during the great flood and deluge at the MD rally at Castaways a few years ago). Our prayers are with Mike and family.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Right now it is hard to put words together to express our feelings. In 2009 when we arrived at our first rally, I would have never guessed that these people would become our dearest friends. In many ways, more like our family. Ann will be in our thoughts and the family in our prayers.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
There are no words that will ease the pain and emptiness we are all feeling . To know her was to love her!! She made everyone feel special and loved. I will miss her positive look on life, her smile and laughter that always brighten your day . Annie was a very special person who was strong, loving and full of life. The first time we meet her and Mike they made us feel welcomed and part of the family and over the years became wonderful friends . We will miss her terribly and treasure all our wonderful memories but know she is forever in our hearts and will continue watching over all of us. I know god will continue to give Mike and his family the strength to deal with her loss and continue to be with them as time goes by. My mother use to always say this Irish quote "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal" Love you Annie rest in peace girlfriend for you will be missed.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We only met Ann a couple of times but she left quite an impression. She will be missed!

Thoughts and prayers to Mike and the rest of the family.

gschaaf

Mike and family so sorry for your loss you are in our thoughts and prayers Ann will be surely missed.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We can't believe Ann has left us. She was such a sweet lady who always made us feel happy just to be around her. Mike our sincere blessing to you and the rest of the family. The hurt, for those of us who knew Ann, will last for some time.

God Speed Ann