Wheel Chock - Looking for recommendation

Oregon_Camper

Our BH 3160 is finally home!!

Looking to replace our old yellow plastic chocks with something a bit more heavy duty.

Just looking for advise on which chocks everyone is using?

pegmikef

I just bought a pair at Harbor Freight. Solid rubber composition and they were $9.00 each.

I use these on the down slope side of the wheel because the bottoms are designed grip the pavement/ground. I found the yellow ones had a tendency to slide on pavement.

dbbls59

Roto Chocks. These are available on line only and they are expensive but the work great.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The X-Chock is sold as a stabilizer but it gets the job done. They do interfere with tire covers a little

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I make my own from 4x6. I contoured them to match my tires. No one bothers them. They are inexpensive to make. I have stacked them on their side to use as blocking for leveling jacks and used them to level blocks on heavily angled sites to help level the jacks. I have ran over them and they do not compress or get damaged easily.

Bob Vaughn

I have 4 of the hard rubber ones from Harbor Freight and they stay where you put them....I do my pull test with them in place they do not move. I have seen the plastic ones get blown away in high winds....

'Lil Guy'

Bought 4 from H Freight and attached 1/4 braided rope long enough to drape over tires when installed. The eye bolts on end were a nice feature. When ready to go, just grab the rope on top of tire and pull them out. Yea, I got the idea off of this forum.

Gaffer

X chock is the way to go. I have a pair that I no longer need as my new rig has the level-up. We get to Portland once in a while or I could bring them to the Oregon rally if you go for about half the retail price. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/x-chock-tire-locking-chock-2-pack/49876
Our BH 3160 is finally home!!

Looking to replace our old yellow plastic chocks with something a bit more heavy duty.

Just looking for advise on which chocks everyone is using?

Gaffer

You just need a heavy duty rubber wedge chock for your tug test. I use two, both on the drivers side. One for hitching (behind the rear wheel) and one for the tug test (in front of the front wheel). I put them in place every time I disconnect. The 6-point takes the added stability of the x-chock out of the equation.
I also have the 6 point "level up" (from LCI) but I still think I need to chock the tires....right?

Duramax1

Another vote for Rotochoks. They are expensive but well worth the money as they also act as great stabilizers.