15 AMP Service at Storage Location

Hello, newbie here. We're taking delivery on our new 2008 BH 3400RL tomorrow. The place we'll be storing the camper has 15 amp service available. There are several motorhomes and 5th wheels stored there that are plugged in to 15 amp service. My main need for power, while stored, would be to keep the battery charged, and maybe run the fridge to get cold before leaving on a trip. Also, could run some 110 lights. How much can I do with just 15 amps? No A/C, M/W, of course, but what would be "the limit"? Thanks. Looks like a real good Forum to learn.

Karl and Bobbye

jpmorgan37

Texcruiser;

You should be fine with the lights and fridge. Most of your lights are 12 volt, so that would be coming off of your batteries and the converter would take care of that. A/C, Microwave, electric heaters, heat pump are all a no no on 15 Amp.

John

ChopperBill

You will be great! You have one of the best converters available for keeping up the batteries. The PD 9260! Way to go Heartland!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I keep mine plugged in at home on a 15 amp circuit and it powers the fridge and keeps the battery charged too. I used to hate it when I didn't have a plug at the storage yard and always had to jump the battery to raise the old TT to get it home to go on a trip.

StevieWonder

It will power everything but the A/C and will actually power that if you have a unit 10K BTU or smaller. Today's RV A/C units are typically 13.5K BTU and larger so you shouldn't run the A/C or the heat although you could turn it to the "fan only" setting and run it just to circulate the air when the temps in storage reach a higher level.

You might want to consider making sure the hot water heater is turned off when in storage.

My unit is also hooked up to a 15A service in it's garage, but I don't turn on the fridge until a day or two prior to loading it up with groceries. We have a lot of humidity here and it tends to frost up in the freezer section over time. I leave the doors cracked and put an open plastic container of ground coffee in each compartment. You can use baking soda too. Helps keep the humidity down and prevents mildew for extended periods of storage.

Regardless of what you see written elsewhere on this thread, it will run everything else, even the microwave, TV, coffee maker, etc. but not all at once. Think about what you run at home on a 15A circuit. No different in storage.

Nice to keep the battery charged ... and it will last much longer compared to being discharged.