End Cap Problem.....falling off!!!

Grey Ghost

:( Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the rear end cap separating from the side wall on their unit. I have a 2011 Heartland Greystone and the rear end cap on the passengers side is separating from the side wall on the bottom of the end cap. I took it in to have a hydrolic push arm seals on the living slide repaired and they called to tell me the end cap was separating from the sidewall. I went down and looked and sure enough it is. I've never heard of this happing before, just wondering if anyone else has. I've left work with Heartland to see if they have ever had it happened before and to see if they would do anything about it. Just wondering????:confused:

jimtoo

I think you need to take some good pictures of the problem and post. When you looked,, did you see any scuff marks on the end cap side in the area where it is separating? Did or do the screw holes look freshly broken,, small pieces still around the screws and holes? About the only way it separate is to be bumped or hit by something in a turn I would think.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard of that happening twice.
One was caused by the road surface when the owner dropped the off door side wheels down into the ditch.
The other was caused by water intrusion and rotted wood.
Have you ever done any caulking on that 2011?
Or like Jimtoo implied maybe a dealer issue on the lot.

Peace
Dave

retucker

Was just wondering, Lynn and Marilyn. Did you resolve your end cap separation issue? My 29MK Greystone did the same thing and I've heard of one other 29MK with this problem. I've had a significant list of major problems with this unit, the latest: both ends of the main slide out floor have separated from the sidewalls.
DSC06244.jpg DSC06243.jpg
My local authorized dealer screwed it back together but the side panel bulges and I'm sure it will separate again.