Built in air compresser

jackg

I have a 3055RL. First thing I did was pull the wall out of the basement to have a look at the "guts". I noticed an unused space under the stairs (just below the laundry hamper). After a little searching, I found an air compresser that fit and installed it. A little re-wiring, switch and a couple of bulkhead fittings and now I have a built in air compresser with quick connect fittings just by the vaccuum and the in the "utility cabinet". If I can figure out how to put in pictures, they follow... ok, I can't..help!

Attachments

• compressor.JPG
    compressor.JPG
    477.2 KB · Views: 237
  • back_of_station.JPG
    back_of_station.JPG
    469.9 KB · Views: 206
  • bulkhead_fitting.JPG
    bulkhead_fitting.JPG
    522.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

DaleR

"Hi" jackg.
Sounds great, have you gone to advanced reply and hit the paper clip for attachments?
packer

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
jackg, one way is to first post the pictures on the internet where they can be shared with friends and family. Here is a link to several such places http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6451_7-6245115-1.html?tag=txt

After you have posted them if you right click on them and select properties then left click on the address shown for the picture and drag your cursor over the address to highlight it then right click on the address shown in the box and select copy you can then right click in your post an select paste and you will have a link to your picture in your post. There are probably other ways to do it but this works for me. Such as this picture of my wife and myself with our Goldwing. http://www.goldenwingers.com/692f4080.jpg
There are ways to download attachments to your post but someone else that knows more about it will have to tell you how to do that.

Once the image is hosted on the internet you can also click on insert image at the top of the post box and put the address of the picture in the box that opens up like so.
692f4080.jpg

Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jackg. Go into your original post of this thread and click "edit". Then click on the "go advanced" tab. Scroll down to "Additional Options". Click on "Manage Attachments". Another window will open. Near the top of that window there are several lines to add an attachment/picture. Click on "browse", find the link to your image. Highlight your image and click open in the window that opens up. Once you finish that, click the "upload" tab. You'll know when it's done. Close the manage attachment window and submit/save your post. It's pretty simple to do once you get in and play around to figure it out.

Delaine and Lindy

Thats a good idea, and I was also in my basement today. It isn't a pretty site to say the least. Will be going to Lowes for some 1x1's and do some re-inforcement. But there is room for a Air compressor there. But then again I don't know if I want another hose to roll up after using the compressor. My Air Compressor is very light for a 150 psi unit. Oh well I think its a great idea, maybe you should put a patent on the design.:D GBY....