Install rear ladder?

jmccartie

Our 2013 Elkridge E30 didn't come with a rear ladder. Easy enough to install one on my own? If so, where would I find a part?

Thanks!
-Jon

danemayer

Hi jmccartie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I would think that on models with rear ladders, there are reinforced mounts in the roof. Your rig may not have any so I'd suggest getting a standalone ladder carried in the storage area or truck bed.

donr827

Agree with Dan. You can buy a telescoping ladder that does not take up much room and you could use it for all kind of jobs around the outside. They are also fairly light.
Don

'Lil Guy'

I have the E289. Checked with Heartland and they said it wasn't reinforced for one. I would think that holds true for all the Extreme Lite models. Likew the others said, carry a ladder. Are those telescopic extension ladders any good? Don't want to find out like the 3 Stooges. Thanks in advance.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the E289. Checked with Heartland and they said it wasn't reinforced for one. I would think that holds true for all the Extreme Lite models. Likew the others said, carry a ladder. Are those telescopic extension ladders any good? Don't want to find out like the 3 Stooges. Thanks in advance.

We have had two versions of telescoping ladders. (First one was stolen at our storage yard.) I will say that there is a variance of quality, so be willing to spend a little more to get one with good reviews and a high weight rating.

We have a 12' I believe, and I would not use it to get up on the roof. At the top it seems a little lightweight and flexes more than I like. Tony does not get on the higher rungs either, as he is much heavier than me. But we have used it leaning against the RV to aid in snow removal from the slide tops, as well as caulking, cleaning, that sort of thing. I require someone holding the ladder as I use it. It's very convenient, since it folds so small, and you don't have to extend it all the way for shorter jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Here's a link to Northern Tool to a page that has a few telescoping ladders of varying capacities. I'm thinking about getting a 300# capacity one but not the 12.5 foot model shown here. I'd like a 15 foot model.

On edit: I searched high and low and could not find a 300# rated (ANSI Type 1A) telescoping ladder that extends taller than 12.5 feet :(