Samsung residential fridge

RichnVinny

Does anyone know how to get the Samsung residential fridge to make ice, I've got the ice maker on and I'm hooked up to water...is the fridge water line already hooked up....

danemayer

Have you checked the feed line cutoff valve? Depending on floor plan, it might be under a counter in the kitchen, or perhaps behind the UDC.

Keep in mind that the water feed line may have a portion exposed to outside air on the bottom of a slide out. If so, it'll freeze and be damaged as soon as temps drop below freezing.

RichnVinny

We're in a Landmark Newport not sure where the cutoff value is, and I'm in south Florida so no freezing lines I hope

danemayer

Looking at the Newport floor plan, I'd expect to find the cutoff valve behind the UDC. To get to it you have to take down the rear wall of the storage area next to the UDC.

There a cooling coil in the refrigerator that holds about a quart of water before it gets to the ice maker and water dispenser. If this is the first time using the ice maker, it might be that you haven't gotten all the air out of the system yet. Running the dispenser for a minute would help with that.

jbeletti

I don't have a LM 365 yet, but I think we've standardized on putting the cut-off under the kitchen sink. Open the center back panel of the island and take a quick look for a cut-off feeding a 1/4" clear poly line. If it's not there, then go with Dan's idea of behind the UDC.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Sorry to here you are having problems RichnVinny. We spent last night in our new LM365 Newport at the Camping World in Tampa. We will close on the deal and take our new home, home today. The ice maker in our Newport is working (service folks here at Camping World set it up yesterday). Let me know if neither of those suggestions from Dan or Jim don't work and I'll ask the tech that is finishing the work on ours for his suggestions.

Keith

Bryced15

The cut off valve in our Newport is under the bottom pull out drawer next to the sink. I just pulled the bottom drawer all the way out and reached back in there to twist it.

Wharton

I have read there is a red button that you need to push in and hold for 5 sec. or so. The ice maker should start producing ice. Did you call Samsung?

danemayer

Here's what the under-counter cutoff looks like on a Big Country.

Attachments

• supply line cutoff annotated2.jpg
    supply line cutoff annotated2.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 46

danemayer

This is what a cutoff behind the UDC looks like on a 2011 Landmark.

Attachments

• icemakercutoffvalvewithcomments.jpg
    icemakercutoffvalvewithcomments.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 36

jbeletti

Bryce - can you post a well lit, in-focus picture of the cut-off valve for the ice maker? Also, maybe step back and take a picture the cabinet with the door open and drawer pulled out. Thanks!