Woke up the Beast

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well,planning a camping trip Easter weekend so I did it Friday.Not wanting to wait to the last minute I woke up the beast Friday. Changed the anode in the water heater,drained the antifreeze from the lines and checked everything out.All seems to be well. It was below freezing here last night,so i left the furnace on 55 and a ceramic heater set on low in the basement.Now I am ready to hook it up.

Uncle Rog

Let 'er rip tr..............Did the same ourselves, the temps are down in the 50's....
Bitter cold.............

slaytop

Temps "down" in the 50's? I just shoveled 10+" of snow out of my driveway. Last night we were stranded 80 miles from home at a motel because of blizzard conditions. We are hooking up to travel to Sarasota Thursday morning for a couple of weeks. I hope I can get the rig out. I'll clean out the plumbing on the way down.

soilmovers

Temps "down" in the 50's? I just shoveled 10+" of snow out of my driveway. Last night we were stranded 80 miles from home at a motel because of blizzard conditions. We are hooking up to travel to Sarasota Thursday morning for a couple of weeks. I hope I can get the rig out. I'll clean out the plumbing on the way down.

Looks like Ohio got the brunt of the snow storm.

Hope you realize spring break kicked off this weekend for the next three weeks! My college kids are kicking sand right now.

Cindy

Uncle Rog

It is brutal this afternoon.....80F.....the snow on the mountains looks nice though....Looks like a BBQ this afternoon..........................

slaytop

We got hit hard in Ohio. Hopefully it is the last storm this year. I've got a site reserved in a Sarasota park that is primarily mobile home snowbirds where we know some people. Not as exciting as spring break but we want to see where our friends live during the winter.

slaytop

I think you're trying to incite my envy, Uncle. You succeeded! Just don't let the ground shake too hard under that grill:)

Uncle Rog

We did have a little 3.9 this morning around 1:30, we were sleeping in the earthquake kit, never felt a thing......
Back in the 90's I was quail / chukar hunting up in Inyokern when a good one hit at night, the TT rocked pretty good, we thought it was the wind!
From what I see on the news pretty regularly I would'nt trade you fellers for a twister even for a Ballarat minute............

Rub it in guys,
I have temps in the 20's right now and snow forecasted twice this week. I am trying to plan outings in may and june, would like to get out as soon as campgrounds open up. But right now, just keeping warm.
My bestus bud came up for dinner last night and all the rain they had, their snow is almost gone. I still have so much here I offered to give him some to take home. He didn't take me up on my offer.
Good luck and Happy Camping to those of you that can enjoy.. :)
Greg