• Number of sites held: 30
  • Site fee: $$33.96 Plus Tax per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: N/A
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 2/25/2016
  • Potluck time: 5:00 PM

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: Doublegranch(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Arizona Chapter - Tucson Rodeo Rally....

I am excited to be able to announce this Rally after many months working and negotiations with the Lazy Days KOA RV Resort. This is truly a First Class RV Resort. All paved roads, Concrete Patio for each site and fruit bearing trees at each site. You are encouraged to pick the Lemons and Grapefruits for your enjoyment.

This will be a five day Rally in conjunction with the Tucson Rodeo week...a 7 day rodeo, parades and endless vendors. Since negotiations started in April of 2014, we were able to secure the site Rate at the 2014 rates not the current rates. In addition, all attendees will have 5 day grace at the Rally rate before or after the Rally, or mix the days as you would like. This means you can come early or stay late and your rate will be the Rally Rate for 5 additional days. You must let me know your arrival and departure date.
This Resort has a terrific South Western Theme Cantina, full wet bar, beautiful green grass and a very large Dog Park. Please keep your dogs on a leash at all times, unless using the Dog Park.

We have a complimentary RV Site adjacent my RV for evening Social get together's and camp fire rings. The Pot luck & game nights will be in the Grand Canyon Room as the Resort is allowing us complimentary use of this facility.

RESERVATIONS "RSVP": Book all your RVSP and dates via this Thread. I will coordinate all reservations, site assignments with the RV Resort. Do not call the RV Resort until all the names are released, about November 2015. At that time I will contact you to call in with your credit card for payment. No deposit is required with your RSVP, as I have signed a contract and given them my credit card to waive the normal deposit per site at time of booking.

FIRES: LP Fire rings / pits are okay to use. The Resort also rents these items out by the evening, should you want one at your RV.

RALLY COUNT DOWN CLOCK: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...lly+Tucson+Az.

Grand Canyon Room:
The Rally will have full use, day and night of this facility. We will hold all activities in this room unless otherwise specified. This is a change as the resort has graciously given us complimentary use due to the size of this Rally. This area can be used for an Arts & Craft display area as well, if you have items you make and want to sell, bring them. Also we will put up a White Elephant Table for those items you desperately would like to get rid of.....Sale, Trade or give away.

VENDOR List:
Joy Ryder Suspension - RV Ride Controls
Camping World
La Mesa RV
ARP Controls - RV Refrigeration
Weigh To Go - 19th -29th...for rig & truck weights

Tue: Feb 23.....:angel:
Check in and set up
Weigh To Go.
.set up to weigh your Rig & Truck
All day:
Vendor table set up, Arts & Craft Table Set ups
4 pm - Meet n Greet Social Hour...Featuring "Rat" Fudge Sundae's
Bring your drink of choice
Music & Songs by Terry & June...

Wed: Feb 24.....
9:00 AM - All Day - Chapter will host a Coffee / Ice Tea Bar
9:00 AM- Grand Canyon Room....Vendor Tables & Displays, Arts & Craft Tables, items for sale, White Elephant Table
10:00AM - Digital Camera Class - By the "Digital Professor"
3:00 PM - RV refrigeration, safety & controls by ARP Controls
5:00 PM- Horse Relay Races.Site 1492... SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST
6:00 PM- Snack Pot Luck, bring a snack plate to share & drink of choice. Grand Canyon Room, This is not a Dinner!
Music by the Music Doctor DJ....
Yep our unofficial but official member....John D...Co Chapter

Thur: Feb 25....
9:00 - Tucson Rodeo Parade
...Longest non mechanized Parade in the World, over 200 floats on a mile and half route.
9:00 - All Day - Chapter will host a coffee / Ice Tea Bar
9:00 AM - Grand Canyon Room....Vendor Tables & Displays, Arts & Craft Tables, items for sale, White Elephant Table
4 - 4:45 PM - Social hour at site 1492, Music by the Music Doctor DJ, bring your drink of choice.
5:30 PM - Pot Luck....Chapter will provide the meat items. Bring a side dish or desert,
Remember to bring your own plates & utensilsTheme for the Pot luck will be: Arizona BBQ
Bring your drink of choice......Grand Canyon Room

Fri: Feb 26

11:30 -Load up for the Rodeo & Charter Bus.
5:00 Pm - Return from the Rodeo
6:00 PM - Heartland Reps for Big Horn, Big Country, Landmark
7:00 PM......Steal A Gift Night....Bring an unwrapped gift valued between $10-15...One per RV or person, your choice. Rules, a gift may be stolen as many times as someone wants it, When your gift is taken you will draw from the prize table. After all prizes are claimed from the prize table, we will draw two numbers....the "Hammers" in order they will have the ability to steal any gift and exchange it for their gift. Should someone pass on the "Hammer" we will continue to draw numbers until "Two Hammers" have been used.
Evening Hours....site 1492: Bring your drink of choice and enjoy the Camp fire Rings after the Game has ended. Music by Terry & June Rainwater.

Sat: Feb 27
9:00 AM - All Day - Chapter will host a coffee/Ice Tea bar
9:00 AM
- Grand Canyon Room....Vendor Tables & Displays, Arts & Craft Tables, items for sale, White Elephant Table
10:00 AM - Wheel Bearing Seminar: CXLD
Noon: - Lunch sponsored by La Mesa RV...we will go across the street to La Mesa for this luncheon
4-4:45 PM - Music by the Music Doctor DJ Site 1492
6:00 PM -
JoyRider suspension system presentation & Grand Prize
6:30 PM - Prize Night, Grand Prize Drawing, 50/50 and Raffle. Bring you drink of choice.

Grand Prize - complete two axle Joy Rider Shock system

NOTE: We will be selling 50/50 Tickets all week! We will have between 2-4 drawings depending on the size of the pot. The Chapter will donate its portion of the pots to Soldiers Best Friend, who train Service dogs for Combat wounded Vets at no charge to the Vet. Note: My dog Dakota was trained by Soldiers Best Friend! This organization uses all funds for Combat Veterans and their dogs. If the Vet does not have a dog, Soldiers Best Friend will give them a dog and train both at no charge. THIS is a GREAT SERVICE and I am honored to be a recipient of this gift! Soldiers Best Friend was founded by a Veterinarian out of the Phoenix area, Dr John Burnheim.

Sun: Feb 28..
.:(
Check out by noon

HOCLastFirst NamesChapterUsernameRigLengthSite #ArriveDepartRodeo/bus
12154GilbertGarryAZdoublegranchNorth Trail27149122=Feb28=Febyes
Complimentary SiteAZRally Activities1492
22441HaddockAnn & RickAZMrsfishBig Horn35146621-Feb28-Febyes
33132SheridanHugh & JudyCASafariLandMark40151922-Feb29-Febyes
42058CoxJeanneAZjwcoxNorth Trail27153020-Feb28-Febyes
52342ArganbrightJimAZjarganBig Horn401527
61375BelettiJim & NancyTNjbelettiLandMark43152422-Feb29-febyes
72791FinneyAnthony & AndreaAZawfinneyBig Horn391490CXLD
81928DanceBob & KimAZBkdanceBig Country391464yes
91330RubensteinJacie & RichardAZraz5verBig Horn381465
102676HardtPaul & CandyIDpaulhLandMark42148322-Feb28-Febyes
111329AhrensSteve & GingerAZchiefaretNorth TraIL301516yes
122840RichTom & PennyAZprichBig Country391484Cxld 1
132806WatsonGordon & BettyAZGordenandBettySundance36149322-Feb28-Febyes
142658BishopWayne & MelindaCAwino2LandMark42149623-Feb28-Feb
151021WenglerBob & MarionAZRobert-n-MarionBig Horn36148722-Feb28-Feb
162620DanielsJohn & CathyCOJohnDProwler341488yes
172057KunnMike & EdythUTgasmanBig Country38148223-Feb28-FebYes
18490DavidsonLarry & JaneAZZonielDLandMark421529yes
192826CapletteNorman & ElaineAZnorman.elaineBig Horn361520
201351WrightBob & DorothyCObjwrightBig Horn391518Bus
211898WibbelsGregg & LindaCOgwalterSilverardo38152522-Feb28-Febyes
222801SmithBill & Jo SmithAZJoSmithBig Country38148523-Feb28=FebGifted
232408BrowerJim & ConnieNVJim&Connie BrowerBig Horn38148623-Feb29-Feb
242617MinerJim & MelodyCABigJim45Silverardo152220-Feb29-Febyes
252784PoolePat & ElaineTXPossum51LandMark152321-Feb29-Febyes
261056HartsellBob & PattiCABob&PattyBig Horn148920-Feb28-Febyes
272868PadillaWilson & DebiAZwjp1442Big Horn1517yes
282082Farnsworth Elliott & HelenMAElliott367LandMark1521
292839KeetchDarrell & SueNMdkeetc1Big Country391498
302989LemmelCarl & SylvaineCAlemmelhouseSundance321494yes
311422PhilbrookFloyd & CarolNVFloyd PhilbrookLandMark42149721-Feb28-Feb
321102OllisDoug & LynnCanadaDougLynneBig Horn36148118-Feb28-Febyes
33919PerersonJohn & KarenAZjkplus6Bigcountry42152623rd28th
343151EgenesTom & SherryMTTomEgenesLandMark43149523-Feb28-FebGifted
352999RisselTed & AnnAZtedrisselLandMark43149921-Feb28-Feb
362659MungleCharlie & RonetteCACRMungleBig Horn381480BUS
372067CumminsNeil & NancyCAneilandnaciBig Country38151420-Feb28-FebBUS
381347OchoaPhil & MaryCO8ampsBig Horn38152823-Feb28-Feb
391809KramerJohn & DebbieCAjdfishingBig Horn381462BUS
40896ElmersDenny & MarilynAZmarine4everBig Horn381460
41901SherwoodD'Wayne & MarlaAZmarlasherwoodBig Horn381461
422720LajoieBrian & JanCObrianlajoieBig Horn38145923-Feb28-Feb
43728PerezErnie & MarieAZAZ_ernieBig Horn36145823-Feb28-Feb
442388PottsEd & SusanTXed47LandMark40145623-Feb29-Feb
453084DavillaRichard & PaulaAZSoCal-PRBig Horn38145522-Feb28-Feb
461379PadenJerry & KarenCA2togoBig Horn38145223-Feb28-FebBus
472802MacvieJohn & DebiAZJmacBigh Horn36151522-Feb28-FebGifted
483088ScheettBobAZNoofearBig Horn38StayingElsewhere
49796ConawayDan & CarolAZDjconawayBig Country38StayingElsewhere
503008LeachDuane & CarolIADenalihdBig Horn38StayingElsewhere
512790StrausserCarolyn & WesleyMNBlacke06Big Country38StayingElsewhere

RAT Team: (Rally Assist Team)
1. Garry
2. John & Cathy...Co
3. Paul & Candy Hardt..ID
4. Gregg & Linda Wibbels...CO
5. Jim Arganbright..........AZ
6. Wilson & Debi Padilla...AZ

Horse Relay Races:
We will be bringing in some "Green Broke" young never Ridden Yearlings for this EVENT!
Teams will be made up of 3 members, to be assigned as you sign up for this event.
Each team will stage their members at the three designated starting spots along the Race Track.
Starting member will get on the horse and ride to the second member, dismount and give the horse to the Second member and then the same for the final member. Your forward movement will be controlled by drawing numbers from a deck of cards. Draw a number and take that many steps forward, IE: draw a two and take two steps forward etc. an Ace will be one step and the Joker will will 5 steps backwards. Face cards will be removed from the deck. The first team crossing the finish line will be the winner. We will run 5 teams at a time on the track and all winners will compete for the Rodeo Title.
OH....Did I mention these horses are your childhood stick Horses!!! Did you really think I would let you on a real unbroken Horse? Sorry insurance doesn't cover that!!!!
Team 1Team 2Team 3
Elliott FarnsworthElaine PooleRick Haddock
Cathy MeltonJohn MeltonPenny Rich
Ann HaddockBetty WatsonTed Rissel
Team 4.............Team 5..............Team 6
Jeanne Cox.......Pat Poole............Richard Rubenstein
John Daniels.....Jacie Rubenstein..Helen Farnsworth
Gregg Wibbels...Phil Ochoa..........Mary Ochoa
Team 7

NAME LIST For Rodeo on Friday: Bus will hold 55 passengers! Current count=53
1. Garry Gilbert & Kathi..............11. Paul & Candy Hardt.............21. Doug & Lynn Ollis
2. Gregg & Linda Wibbels............12. Gordon & Betty Watson.......22. Larry & Jane Davidson
3. Rick Haddock........................13. Jim & Nancy Beletti.............23. John & Debi Macvie
4. Hugh & Judy Sheridan............14. Jerry & Karen Paden............24. CXLD
5. Wilson & Debi Padilla.............15. Carl & Sylvaine Lemme.........25. Tom & Sherry Egemes
6. Jeanne Cox...........................16. Steve & Ginger Ahrens.........26. Bob & Dorthy Wright
7. Jo & Bill Smith.......................17. Bob & Kim Dance.................27. Charlie & Ronette Mungle
8. Pat & Elaine Poole..................18. John & Cathy Daniels...........28. John & Debbie Kramer
9. Penny Rich............................19
. Mike & Edythe Kuhn...................29. Neil & Nanci Cummins
10. Jim & Melody Miner...............20. Bob & Patty Hartsell.............
......................................................Bus only
Rodeo tickets purchased = 48 with 5 Rodeo tickets still vacant. Bus has 2 empty seats.
POT LUCK DINNER ITEMS: ARIZONA BBQ THEME:
Chapter: Sirloin Steaks and Chicken Breasts
*Beans
*Fudge
Grilled asparagusessss
*Potato Salad....Lots of it....
Corn & Macaroni casserole
*Potato Salad....
*Fruit Salad
*Pineapple Cole Slaw
*Hot apple crisp & Ice cream
*Baked Beans
broccoli Cole slaw
*Baked Beans
*Brownies
*Coleslaw
*Chips & Salsa
Cheezy Potatoes
*Macaroni and cheese
* FRESH Lemon Cake

Last edited:

MTPockets

Wow, 18 already and it's a year away!.... We're in fer sure. PS, we'll come in on Feb 22, depart 28th.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You can bet your sweet bippy that we'll be there!

I'll work out the dates and post soon!

We miss you all already, and it has only been a week!

Can't wait to see you all again!

Truck&CamperAtGasStationSmall.jpg TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

By the by . . . we've got a couple of cool HOC events planned up here in Colorado as well, in case anyone wants something to do this summer!

Garry? . . . RV Socks? . . . :rolleyes:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John:

Can't wait for your return....perhaps you will want to be part of the RAT Team? You don't have to, but since we feel like your family, it's your choice...

See the bottom of the first posting for what it is....

JohnD

John:

Can't wait for your return....perhaps you will want to be part of the RAT Team? You don't have to, but since we feel like your family, it's your choice...

See the bottom of the first posting for what it is....

Yes . . . we are RATS!

Put us on the RAT list!

Our Kitty Cats will love us! :p

I'll leave the three-burner warmer thingy we brought down to Quartzsite (to no avail) in the trailer so we'll have in at Tucson!

By the way . . . what makes an Arizona BBQ?

We know what a Texas or Colorado BBQ is . . . ?

Doublegranch

Yes . . . we are RATS!

Put us on the RAT list!

Our Kitty Cats will love us! :p

I'll leave the three-burner warmer thingy we brought down to Quartzsite (to no avail) in the trailer so we'll have in at Tucson!

By the way . . . what makes an Arizona BBQ?

We know what a Texas or Colorado BBQ is . . . ?

[John: I could give you a long list, but realistic, it is something to be "Experienced" not something specific that makes it...but 1% Native Arizonan and 99% great people are the initial ingredients, coupled that the Venue is within our Great State!]

Doublegranch

Terry & June:

Can I list you down for a little entertaining with your voices and Picking? I am thinking a couple of nights if you are up for it...
Let me know and I will post the nights....

JohnD

I don't know if you know this, but I was a mobile DJ for over 30 years . . .

So I could supply that function, along with a sound system and such if you need this!

Doublegranch

John:

Wow....you just made my night....I have something in mind...I will call you so as not to let it out for now....
Thanks for the offer......

JohnD

Garry,

You can count on us for attending and helping out where needed since we are close and familiar with the area....We can give people advice and directions around Tucson as well

Hey Mark!

Can't wait to see you guys again!

Keep that outside wet bar well stocked . . . we'll need it next time we meet!

I'll supply the tunes . . . !

JohnD

John:

Wow....you just made my night....I have something in mind...I will call you so as not to let it out for now....
Thanks for the offer......

Cool!

I'm off Thursday and Friday, so I'll just be hanging around the house for the next couple of days.

These are my first days off since we got back from our trip down to AZ, so I still have to unload the back of my truck from the trip down to AZ, which I'll be doing tomorrow.

Also, if you are looking at some kind of seminar for the Rally, I can do a digital photography training seminar as I am a retired photojournalist and now sell digital photography gear for a living, and teach digital photography classes as part of my current gainful employment!

Just throwing that out there if you would like to incorporate some activities into the structure of the Tucson rally.

Doublegranch

Just copied and Posted Mark's COUNT DOWN CLOCK to the first posting.....Just click and it will give you the days, minutes and seconds until we officially start this Rally.....YEAH

JohnD

Just copied and Posted Mark's COUNT DOWN CLOCK to the first posting.....Just click and it will give you the days, minutes and seconds until we officially start this Rally.....YEAH

Too bad that this rally is over a year from now . . .

I know that we've got to get together sooner than that!

Doublegranch

Cool!

I'm off Thursday and Friday, so I'll just be hanging around the house for the next couple of days.

These are my first days off since we got back from our trip down to AZ, so I still have to unload the back of my truck from the trip down to AZ, which I'll be doing tomorrow.

Also, if you are looking at some kind of seminar for the Rally, I can do a digital photography training seminar as I am a retired photojournalist and now sell digital photography gear for a living, and teach digital photography classes as part of my current gainful employment!

Just throwing that out there if you would like to incorporate some activities into the structure of the Tucson rally.

[You are on! We can discuss tomorrow when I call you....it will be in the after noon, have to take Dakota in for a chiropractor adjustment for her bad shoulder.]

Doublegranch

Too bad that this rally is over a year from now . . .

I know that we've got to get together sooner than that!

[John: We have a super Rally in Oct....I know you are busy, but just in case!!!! Is there a Colo Springs area Rally this year?? If not, maybe a few of us can get together around there on the way back from Goshen at the National Rally....coming back through that area...]

JohnD

You are on! We can discuss tomorrow when I call you....it will be in the after noon, have to take Dakota in for a chiropractor adjustment for her bad shoulder.

Ouch!

I know about the bad shoulder . . .

I did six weeks of physical therapy last summer to fix my shoulder . . . and it still hurts! :mad::(

Not fixed . . . :p:(

JohnD

John: We have a super Rally in Oct....I know you are busy, but just in case!!!! Is there a Colo Springs area Rally this year?? If not, maybe a few of us can get together around there on the way back from Goshen at the National Rally....coming back through that area...

Well, the spring rally at Cheyenne Mountain in Colo Springs didn't work out (couldn't get the park reserved for a group), but there is the Shake Down Campout at Cherry Creek State Park (south side of Denver) in May, then the Fall Rally in September at Central City (just west of Denver - dates are listed in my sig line).

We are booked for both of those, so it would be great to see you and anyone else from the AZ Chapter as we are now all brothers and sisters!

Although Cathy now says that I must be the Bastard Step Child of the AZ HOC Chapter!

DOH!

I accept that honor with pride!

Status
Not open for further replies.