Skylight

bowtorc

We recently purchased a new 05 Mt. Rushmore and would like to replace the outside dome of the skylight over the shower with a tinted one. Can you tell us where we can find it or can you supply it?

Thanks
Roger

Dusty

My lovely bride and I have discussed that very thing too. If you find out where, let us know.

Dusty&Linda

mowmoney

I don't know about the dome but I'm guessing that this is block more light coming in in the morning? We ordered a light blocking blind and put up inside instead for about $30.00. It works pretty well, so that's another option for the short term at least.

BluegrassMan

Skylight (skydark)

Hi All:
In answer to the problem of too much light, I have heard of raising the cover, putting down paper, and spray painting the under side of the cover, that will block out light. I bought a smoke cover for my trailer YEARS ago, it seemed to let in mowe light (glare) that the white one.:eek: Opaque is the answer I guess.

bowtorc

We have tried to find a shsde the right size but with no luck. We did have a lot of success with a tinted one that we installed in our last unit si I hope the factory can help.

Princess Kathleen

Try this

How about using contact paper the kind that you find in Carol Wright catalogs...they usually show the stuff on windows.

Scott

Sky Lights

Regarding the sky lights, I am going to tell you that our supplier, ALPHA of Elkhart, IN may has a tinted, or smoked version of the skylight, but when we put it in, it proved to be more transluscent than the opaque white one.
I think the shade, or the suggestion of the tinted vinyl material may be good ones. I would also bet that you could get a local auto window tinting company to come out and do your skylight for not too much money. It would be very thin vinyl and could applied right inside your coach.

ST

Racerguy

I made a cover for the inside of ours. I bought a piece of vinyl that matched the ceiling, blackout shade fabric, spray-on adhesive, and Velcro. Cut out to size using the inside cover as a template. It works great!.

I picked up a shade for this very thing at camping world last weekend. I have not installed it yet but they it is made for this use.
Jerry

BluegrassMan

Skylight (skydark)

Hi Everyone:

No, It's not time to eat Turkey YET ! Later, It must be nice to put shades and such in your skylight area. My head has to go in there:confused: , it seems that with the larger storage area, the floor is not as low as in my last 5ver. BUT I'd rather have the large storage. I'm not in the shower that long at a time, but I DO like the Texas style storage area.:D