Heartland parts dept.

I have an 07 Sundance and consistently hear from dealers we've contacted that getting timely responses is problematic. When I've called warranty and parts they deny anyone has a problem reaching them or having them deliver parts and cost estimates. I'm wondering what experience others have.

Specifically, we had warranty issues that went unresolved despite numerous efforts of 5 dealers to get authorization (requiring pricing beforehand) before the end of the warranty period. More recently damage from a blowout last October remains unrepaired because of 6 dealers contacted for estimates (need 3 for tire supplier) only 2 have been able to get prices. One was a Heartland dealer who gave a low estimate and an independent that came in almost twice as much. Lately another Heartland dealer has been waiting 3 weeks for pricing, despite telling the dealer they know of our damage!

At one point I contacted Heartland parts about getting parts costs because 3 dealers reported that weeks of multiple calls and emails went unanswered. I suppose it's understandable that a manufacturer would refuse to divulge costs to a customer if they have a variety of prices for the same part. But that made it impossible for me to facilitate the process because 3 dealers never did receive answers, after several months of trying.

At this point it would be hard for me to believe that Heartland is truthful when they say it's easy to contact and get cooperation because so many dealers say they've had problems. More recently we replaced the cheap Chinese converter (WFCO) with a different brand--Xantrex--which may only be assembled in China, but has a much higher customer satisfaction rating. So the only parts we have to have are body panels from the tire blowout.

Anyone have any insights on how to get repairs that require Heartland parts?

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Sorry to hear about you service issues. In August 07 I had 2 China bombs blow up, and withing 3 days my dealer had an estimate for the repairs faxed to the insurance company. The parts arrived at the dealer long before I was ready to turn our BH over for completion of the repairs. I had a positive experience having our BH repaired. Have you discussed your situation with Jim Fenner @ Heartland service? Good luck.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I had a similar issue with my second blowout on my Landmark. I took it to a non-Heartland repair shop for repair of the body damage since the insurance was paying for it. I had prior approval of Heartland customer service to do this. The repair shop had a very hard time getting part prices and finally did after talking to Jim Fenner. Once they had the prices the rest of the repair went smoothly. The trick is to get the parts department to ship the parts to a non-Heartland dealer as they don't like to do that to protect their dealers. Since my closest dealer is 100 miles away if it is not a warranty issue I will take it to the closest place I trust. Anyway you will have to talk to a parts supervisor to get your problem fixed more than likely.