Jack antenna - low signal on one channel

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We installed a Jack antenna on our Big Country and the OTA channels come in fine...except for one. I have aimed the antenna with a signal finder and this channel still shows a low signal.

The issue is: We are parked next to two other trailers (Big Horn & Big Country) that also have the Jack. They have no trouble pulling in this one station (pbs). The only difference in the trailers is we have a dish satellite antenna on the roof and the others don't. Could the dish be interfering with the signal?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Depending on the direction of the station and how close your Sat and Jack antennas, it is possible the sat antenna is blocking the signal. Have you tried pointing your Jack antenna in the direction of the weak station?

nander

Depending on the direction of the station and how close your Sat and Jack antennas, it is possible the sat antenna is blocking the signal. Have you tried pointing your Jack antenna in the direction of the weak station?

Yes, the jack is pointed to the station. Sometimes it will come in during the day, but when night falls I get the low signal. But, the station comes in fine for my friends day or night.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

hriker

Have you tried this station with the satellite dish in the stowed position to determine if the dish is actually blocking the signal? Do the three Heartland rigs utilize the same amplifier? Different amplifiers may not receive the same channels.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing to consider is that not all TV tuners are created equal.
Do you have two TV's and do they both display the weak PBS channel signal?

Peace
Dave

nander

Another thing to consider is that not all TV tuners are created equal.
Do you have two TV's and do they both display the weak PBS channel signal?

Peace
Dave

Yes, two tv's and they both have the weak signal.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

nander

Have you tried this station with the satellite dish in the stowed position to determine if the dish is actually blocking the signal? Do the three Heartland rigs utilize the same amplifier? Different amplifiers may not receive the same channels.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

No, haven't tried it with the satellite stowed. I'll have to test it. It doesn't look like it's in the way, but I'll have my husband get on the roof and look. Not sure about the amplifiers. Thanks!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
You could also try pointing the antenna in the opposite direction of the weak signal. You could be picking up a reflected signal and changing the direction could increase the signal strength.

nander

You could also try pointing the antenna in the opposite direction of the weak signal. You could be picking up a reflected signal and changing the direction could increase the signal strength.

Ok thanks!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Not much you can do but try upgrading. We went to the Winnegard Razor automatic antennae and love it. Kind of pricey at $359.00 plus insulation but to us it was worth the price. Once you are set up just press the button and the antennae finds the stations. You don't have to worry about putting it up or taking it down either.