ATF: Road Warrior - Where to store the tables?

Gimpy

Just bought a 2013 305RW and not sure where to store the tables while towing. They have straps on them, but not sure where they go.

ILH

Some people strap them to the wall, in an upright position. Others store them on the top bunk under the mattress.

jimtoo

HI Gimpy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can usually find the answer right here. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced also. Sometimes you can find your answer easily by using the search feature.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

FiremanBill

I use the straps to put my tables on the lower benches when laid out flat. They are strong enough to hold them in place. I had originally put them on the top bunk under the mattress but found they were difficult to get in and out of there by myself. plus they were wearing on the edges of the padding when sliding them in and out.

On my Cyclone there is actually places under the mattress in the bedroom to hook those straps into place and store the tables but that was way too cumbersome to work for us.

ILH

I use the straps to put my tables on the lower benches when laid out flat. They are strong enough to hold them in place. I had originally put them on the top bunk under the mattress but found they were difficult to get in and out of there by myself. plus they were wearing on the edges of the padding when sliding them in and out.

On my Cyclone there is actually places under the mattress in the bedroom to hook those straps into place and store the tables but that was way too cumbersome to work for us.

I'm sure most of you know this, but for those of you not thinking of it... be sure to strap the tables so that in a quick stop they can't move forward. In some toyhaulers, such as mine, they'd go straight through the sliding glass window.

Gimpy

Thanks for the welcome. I found and removed the hooks under the master bedroom mattress because I use a sleep comfort. I will try the rear bench seats. I strapped the ones in my XLR to the wall but it had a 12 foot garage. This TH has bigger tables and length on the walls won't work.

porthole

Retired
I don't use the garage table, so that stays home. The dinette table I just lay on the cushions of the dinette.

Firehawg

Our 2014 RW390 has (2) living room tables that were originally under the bed. That takes up to much valuable space for other storage and too much of a hassle to get in/out. We just leave the living room tables stored at home and solely use the garage table. When towing I lay the table and legs on the lower bunk, ratchet strap them to the bunk then raise the bunk up. That works well for us.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The straps are under the mattress for storage there.

thanks,

AJ