Samsung Residential Fridge.

dasmoeturhead

Ours works great Except the doors come open on occasion when we're underway. Besides being a pita, I've also lost some good beer.

Is there a lock or something you can put on this thing to keep it from opening? Currently using my belt. :)>

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Re: Samsung Residencial Fridge.

We got some small bungee cords that seem to keep the doors closed.

Ours works great Except the doors come open on occasion when we're underway. Besides being a pita, I've also lost some good beer.

Is there a lock or something you can put on this thing to keep it from opening? Currently using my belt. :)>

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Re: Samsung Residencial Fridge.

These latches came on our Frigidaire side by side. They are mounted on the top of the fridge. Most RV dealers have them in their parts department.

Attachments

• DSC05289.JPG
    DSC05289.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC05288.JPG
    DSC05288.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC05287.JPG
    DSC05287.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC05285.JPG
    DSC05285.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 65

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423200119.882520.jpg

We saw these at an RV show. It may have even been on a Heartland, I can't remember!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

Here's something simple. Mine doesn't seem to want to come open so far, but if it does, I am going to make one of these and try it.

attachment.php

jbeletti

We saw these at an RV show. It may have even been on a Heartland, I can't remember!

Erika - Heartland and other mfrs are using those ones. I don't care for them. The look odd and I've seen the adhesive on those pads come loose in some show coaches.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Erika - Heartland and other mfrs are using those ones. I don't care for them. The look odd and I've seen the adhesive on those pads come loose in some show coaches.

Jim, those "latches" came with our Newport, but they are magnetic not adhesive. We can use them for travel then put them in a drawer when set up. Not sure I trust them though, so I also use a velcro strip on the door handles. Or should I say, I intend to use velcro stip when I travel. Seeing as how I've only pulled our new rig one time from the dealer to the campground, I haven't really had an opportunity to try things out yet.

jbeletti

Jim, those "latches" came with our Newport, but they are magnetic not adhesive. We can use them for travel then put them in a drawer when set up. Not sure I trust them though, so I also use a velcro strip on the door handles. Or should I say, I intend to use velcro stip when I travel. Seeing as how I've only pulled our new rig one time from the dealer to the campground, I haven't really had an opportunity to try things out yet.

Keith - please post a picture of your travel latch. I hae not seen the magnetic type. Maybe take a picture of them installed, removed and a picture of the back of the magnet. Thanks.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
My bad Jim. When I went to pull the latches off to take a picture I discovered they are sticky, not magnetic. I didn't look very close at them when we "locked" them in place leaving the dealer. Sorry.