Brought new 3110 home today

bobca1

Got the right hitch installed and brought it home today!
(well close to home storing at a local horse farm)
First time ever I have pulled something this long and heavy, pleasantly surprised how nice it tows!

Attachments

• cyclone.jpg
    cyclone.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 255

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congratulations on your new rig.
Bring it out to a local Heartland Rally or Camp-out to show it off! Trace

Cjackg

Congrats!

Lots of new 3110s lately... A really great toyhauler in a manageable size.

bobca1

Congrats!

Lots of new 3110s lately... A really great toyhauler in a manageable size.

Thank you! "manageable" is matter of perspective.
Compared to my previous 20 footer this thing is HUGE! I'm sure i'll get used to it though and get the hang of backing up :cool:

porthole

Retired
That 3110 is probably the most versatile toy hauler. Wish it was out when we got the 3010. Would eliminate any thoughts of a different trailer.
Good luck with it.

bobca1

That 3110 is probably the most versatile toy hauler. Wish it was out when we got the 3010. Would eliminate any thoughts of a different trailer.
Good luck with it.

Totally agree! I did a lot of research before purchasing, considered Voltage too but after seeing the layout of the 3110 immediately knew its the one I wanted!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Good luck with it.

Its just a simple " Sign on the dotted line" and it can all be yours.......

bobca1

BTW if considering a tow vehicle and looking at RAM I highly recommend getting the auto level suspension option. Availability was very limited back in fall - I had to wait 3 months before I could even order this truck. But its really worth it if you can get it. Like the brake controller the system is fully integrated into dash and gives me 2 options for adjusting load height when trailer is attached.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ain't she a beauty :) Take lessons from those horse folks on pulling. I pulled all kinds of horse trailers and horse vans since I was 14 before jumping into the rv world. Enjoy and drive safely.
Byrd

Securityman

Very nice camper , we are looking at the same one , so do you guys really need a DRW to pull this camper ? Or does it do fine with SRW and are you still under the payload of the trucks ? Thanks

jeffdee

In December I changed from a SRW to a DRW Ford Super Duty. I have absolutely no regrets. The fuel mileage while towing appears to be better. Handling and drive-ability is greatly improved. The SRW maximum towing capacity was the same as the 3110, 16,000 pounds. The DRW is rated for 26,000 pounds and has no trouble towing the 3110. It is a lot more relaxing to tow when not max-ing out the tow vehicle.

Because I traded in a 2010 Ford Super Duty for a 2015 Ford Super Duty I was able to negotiate a very good price on the new vehicle with an excellent trade-in price on the older vehicle.

My 2 cents...

bobca1

My 3110 pulls fine with my SRW 3500. I have a couple thousand miles of towing experience in various conditions including rain and wind with this tow vehicle and trailer setup and seems fine to me. I have the factory air suspension I'm sure that helps stabilize, and I'm well within payload rating for my truck. This trailer needs a 1 ton., almost certainly 2500 would not cut it. I consistently average 10mpg towing, out west (ca, nv, az) at 60mph.