Who knows about Vu Cube?

We didn't have any factory installed dish on the roof of our new 2009 3580RL because I'm just not convinced they are all that great, especially with the TV world changing so rapidly.
I've been looking into the Vu Cube, and from what I can tell, it seems pretty good. We have Direct TV and I understand the Vu Cube can't get HD with the Direct TV....yet. I guess it can get HD with the Dish Network, but that's not an option anymore. Doe's anyone know if we were to buy the Vu Cube, will it just one day receive HD with Direct TV or would we have to buy another new Cube? If we do get the Cube, do we just plug it into the right hand side jack in the docking station? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bridget and Bill

Bill,

I bought a Vu Cube and have used it on one trip in my 3670. It took a few minutes to figure out the remote but once I had that issue settled it dialed right into the sattelite and Mrs Born and I were able to enjoy. We are with Direct TV so I so not know who told you the Cube does not work with them. My receivers are HD so I cannot say whether Direct HD will work. It is a rouund dish vice oval so it may not work with HD. It is very handy. Actual set up now takes me less than 5 minutes.