ATF: Trail Runner - Shore power for 110 only?

RWizinsky

I had thought that there was an inverter on the unit that would allow me to run small items from the 110v outlets via an inverter running off the battery. Do I have something hooked up incorrectly? The 110 outlets are only live when connected to shore power.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello RWizinsky and welcome to this great forum
Your Trail Runner does not have an inverter. It has a converter.
The converter converts 120 volts to 12 volts.
So, you will only have 120 volts when plugged into shore power.

Peace
Dave

Jim.Allison

Easily fixed my man........ and you can add a little solar at the same time and get a 30% tax credit on the system. I recommend about 2000 watts of pure sine wave inverted power. You can watch a home theater complete with amplified base, and bluray, run your rig all day, and maybe run a microwave here and there. Momma can use her curling iron and hair dryer, charge cell phones and computers. And your batteries will always be up and they will last longer. It's virtually a plug and play system and most any DIY can do it. I even have an onboard 120v AC compressor.

I had thought that there was an inverter on the unit that would allow me to run small items from the 110v outlets via an inverter running off the battery. Do I have something hooked up incorrectly? The 110 outlets are only live when connected to shore power.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey RW . . .

Welcome to the Heartland Trail Runner Family from a fellow (but former - originally born and raised in Jackson) Michiganderer now living in Colorado!

Unfortunately, our Trail Runners are designed more for those who like to have hookups at our campgrounds and not of the boondocking types!

We have to add that stuff if we want it.

Please feel free to post pictures of you and your Trail Runner in action here in the forums and let us know how you like it!

And, join the Heartland Owners Club! (you can do that by clicking the link at the top of this page)

It is free for the first year, and you'll meet lots of new friends in the process!

There are already several future Michigan Heartland Owners Club Camping Rallies planned . . . and these are a hoot!

Here is a link to the Michigan page: //heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/308-Michigan-Chapter

We've already attended three ourselves (two in Colorado and just got back from an Arizona rally last week) events and already have three more on the calender!

And even though I am a member of the Colorado Chapter, the Arizona Chapter have named me their 'Bastard Step Child Member'! :p:rolleyes::cool:

And we now have a whole new group of friends that we didn't have just a year ago!

We are planning on coming back to Michigan in 2016 with our trailer, and will try to make this trip around a Michigan HOC Rally so we can meet a bunch of the Michigan folks!

By the by . . . which model Trail Runner do you have?

oldmannj

"the Arizona Chapter have named me their 'Bastard Step Child Member'!"

OK John, Now THAT'S funny!!!! ED.