Electronic theater seating

mfogarty

Was at the Houston RV show this weekend and saw an electronic theater seating unit in a Landmark. I'll attach a pic if I can....where can we order one AND, more importantly, how do you get the recliners out and the unit in? DW also wants the new "rain glass" for the shower. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a 2012 Key Largo.
theatreseating.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryced15

We have the exact power theatre seating that you pictured in our Landmark Newport. It is a 3 piece unit. Each power seat and one center console. The center armrest/console section is secured to the floor. The 2 power recliners are secured by clips/brackets at the front only. Each power seat is powered separately, so you will need 2 free outlets for power. Would be pretty easy to get these into your coach I believe. As far as getting your recliners out, most of the time the recliners will come apart in 2 pieces. The backs pull up and off. There is usually a push clip to release the back of the recliner to pull them off. Hope this helps.

mslater

just like mine in my 2014 Big Horn ….just gave mine away …they are junk don't waste your money ….used mine for 6 months and the backs were breaking down , you could feel the wooden frame and one of the recliners locked up so it wouldn't recline ….replaced with real theater seats ….night and day difference

mslater

RTheaters.com easier than moving the old ones out ....fusion escapes...power head , and leg rest, even the cup holders are cooled and comes with a tray that can attach on either arm . And stores in the armrest

mslater

theater seats are smaller than most recliners and the backs come off,,,turned mine sideways walked thru the door , slid the back on , plugged a small cord together and than plugged it into the wall took 30 seconds ,,,,they come in different configurations …… love seat , two chairs with a common arm rest( 2" shorter than heartland seats ) or like mine two chairs with each having two armrest ( 3" longer than heartland seats but same depth )

bob34787

thanks will have to give it a try, I just have the leather recliners and the to say the least would be better somewhere else

sengli

We replaced our recliners in our big horn with a theater seating (joshua series) set from the "furniture rows" stores and it was easy to take apart to install it. Much more comfortable and they look great. While we were at it, we replaced the fold a bed couch too. The couch has recliners in it, and it is much more comfortable, and lighter than the OE unit.

Last edited:

Rodbuster

We are thinking about going to theater seating also. We have a 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon.

Have any of you that changed to theater seating experienced any problems with closing the doorside slide? (the theater seat hitting or rubbing against the island)
We used to have a 2012 Key Largo and from what I remember, it would be an easy fit, but the island in the Grand Canyon is positioned more towards the rear.

Thank you
Dick

akf15e

We thought we were going to negotiate for the new theater seating when we bought our new San Antonio this week. It would have been about $1000 and our dealer was going to have it shipped up on another incoming new rig to save us money. However, DW and I sat in one in one of the Savannahs on the lot and did not like it at all. Very awkward feeling in the lumbar area and at 5'10" my feet couldn't reach the floor, so they were just hanging there. My 5'2" adult daughter looked like a little kid as she sat in it with her legs dangling. Very uncomfortable. I will say that since power wasn't on the rig, we did not get to feel the recline, which would have given support to the hanging legs, but I don' always want to be reclined. So we opted not to get it and stick with the very comfortable recliners (which rock, which is a plus) that are stock. We may look at other brands of theater seating later on.

ClintMo

I have a 2015 Newport and the recliners in it are horrible. They are tiny and not very comfortable. They only recline about halfway back. Mine also aren't rockers. I'm looking for theater seating for ours. I sat in the factory theater seating at one of the dealers and it was very comfy compared to our recliners. Might have to check out furniture row

busted2341

I guess I should have paid more attention to some threads I have been reading about the furniture and things I was told about by customers during some of the RV shows we attended. The furniture leaves something to be desired. the theater seating, which we really like, just broke. Looks like the side panel at the top was not put together correctly and all pulled free and broke. I know I can't fix it. I guess Heartland gets a call in the morning to see what they will do. Once again since we are full-timers I can't just leave it...More money out of pocket I guess...I should have financed an extra amount to cover the fixes....I'm sorry I expect more for 100K....

etcmss

we recently replaced the original recliners with a power theater seat obtained from Lazy Boy. Higher back for neck and comes apart. the 2 backs come off and the center section must be disassembled, take inside and put together. Now u have me thinking about replacing the couch unit---saw one recently with recliners on each end and can be used as a bed.

busted2341

Makes me wonder with the cost of this coach why Heartland would not put a deal together with a company like Lazy Boy for good quality furniture....Shame the thing just falls apart...I will post a pic as soon as I get a response from Heartland on what they are going to do. Should be a replacement since I am not a furniture maker..

RoadJunkie

Makes me wonder with the cost of this coach why Heartland would not put a deal together with a company like Lazy Boy for good quality furniture...

I believe Heartland would get complaints on Lazy Boy furniture, as well. Maybe the better option, if you order you rig, is to opt out of furniture and use the refunded money to individualize your furniture purchase. My "Pleather" furniture ate itself up like a flesh-eating bacteria.

busted2341

Follow up:

After 3 months I finally am sitting comfortable again in my new seat. I know Heartland had a personel problem and when I checked It within 24 hours that I had everything approved and got what I needed. I knew in the end I would be made happy.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Follow up:

After 3 months I finally am sitting comfortable again in my new seat. I know Heartland had a personel problem and when I checked It within 24 hours that I had everything approved and got what I needed. I knew in the end I would be made happy.

Same thing here, both recliners were broken 1 before we even bought it. Then the 2nd chair broke a few weeks later. We had already wanted the theater seats from the get-go and were willing to pay for the upgrade. 1 call to Heartland and they contacted Lippert, and within a few hours Lippert called us and said they would ship us out the theater seats. Unfortunately the shipper bent them up on the way out here. :/ I wasn't happy about that but just straighten them out myself and now we are loving them.
ec2fc0b6302665bd706bbcf2a44df964.jpg
d35483a4fc6fa545fe70f9484b3799c0.jpg
459079c74117e96a8d5263c8812c07c5.jpg