Hello all!

zombiejeep

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My wife and I are new to the Heartland family. We've owned a couple Jayco's that we really liked. Then, we made a extremely poor decision and traded for a Forrest River. Never again.

We finally got rid of that, and are taking delivery of our NT 21FBS in a couple weeks.

So I will be reading up on the NT section of the forums as well as the Heartlands in general.

Hope to talk to everyone soon!

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new TT. Just got rid of ours to go a little bigger. Built nice and easy to tow. You'll love it. We had the caliber edition and for the size, it was nice. Again, congrats on your new purchase.

jimtoo

Hi zombiejep,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can usually find the answer right here. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced also.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

zombiejeep

Thanks for the welcome! We are downsizing to the 21fbs, as our kids are at that age that they don't want to go with us anymore. Teenagers, geesh. I've already learned a lot just reading over the last day or so here. Thanks!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome and congrats on your new purchase. We hope to see you at a Rally some day. Like Jim said, joining the Heartland Owners Club is a smart move and you will be amazed at the lifelong friendships you develop by attending a rally or two.

Rod

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Congrats on your new NT! Like you we downsized but after a year we laugh about that. We still have storage space we cannot seem to fill. The only difference between our rig and yours is the outside kitchen, so you have even more storage than us! The only thing we do not like about ours is the lack of a vent above the bed but they couldn't put one in due to the curvature of the roof. You are going to love your camper!

GBR!

HornedToad

Thanks for the welcome! We are downsizing to the 21fbs, as our kids are at that age that they don't want to go with us anymore. Teenagers, geesh. I've already learned a lot just reading over the last day or so here. Thanks!

That will all change when they go off to college and you'll probably need to size back up!!!

It isn't cool to hang with the parents when they're in high school. As my girls moved away to go to college they would jump on every chance to meet up with us out on the road. I guess by then they were homesick for good ole Mom & Dad. Then we found tailgating as a great excuse to go visit.

We started with a small 26ft TT just right for the two of us. Then a 32ft TT with double slides, a 38ft TH and now a 44ft TH, all to make room for the girls to join us. Now they've all graduated and are pushing 30 we can't get rid of 'em. I just wish they'd get married and have some grand-kids to bring along.

Enjoy your new trailer, and the solitude, while you can!!!

zombiejeep

Thanks again for the welcome. I'll be looking at the rally's for the upcoming year and see what fits our schedule. Bad thing is, I only see a lot of short trips for the time being. My wife is looking forward to picking up the trailer on the 20th!

mbopp

Welcome!
We find our 21FBS is a nice size for the two of us. Not having a bedroom wall gives it an open feeling, and DW likes the bathroom and storage. The length is still short enough to get into sites we found when we had our pop-up.
d_fergie, a few others, and myself have done some mods to customize our NT's to suit our camping styles.

zombiejeep

Welcome!
We find our 21FBS is a nice size for the two of us. Not having a bedroom wall gives it an open feeling, and DW likes the bathroom and storage. The length is still short enough to get into sites we found when we had our pop-up.
d_fergie, a few others, and myself have done some mods to customize our NT's to suit our camping styles.

So I'm trying out Tapatalk (and not really liking it BTW), and looking for a mod sub-forum. Is there one and I am just not seeing at the moment?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new NT!

Here is a link to various North Trail Mods:
https://heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/672-North-Trail-Modifications

Be sure to look at other Heartland brand communities for their mods. They may not be North Trails but many great mods out there that you could adapt.

There is the Heartland National Rally coming up in June. Goshen Indiana:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...en-6-16-2015-to-6-21-2015?p=371858#post371858
Your welcome to join up with the Iowa Chapter group there.

We will have an Iowa Rally, details are in the works.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hear are some other forum areas that may be of interest:

North Trail owners:
//heartlandowners.org/group.php?groupid=40

Iowa Heartland Owners:
//heartlandowners.org/group.php?groupid=16

Midwest Camping:
//heartlandowners.org/group.php?groupid=36

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Congratulations! Now you can make plans to attend the Iowa chapter rally in Dubuque, //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...0-2015-to-7-12-2015/page2?p=407673#post407673 , or the national rally in Goshen this summer.

d_fergie

Nice rigs, Congrats! seems like I can't find the time to take mine out camping lately with Softball season & going to games to watch the Niece...