Folding dinette chairs are JUNK

dcwettstein

I am writing this to warn any prospective customers NOT to get the optional folding dinette chairs. We have had 3 of them in about 6 months and they all broke. Two of them broke when we unfolded them for the first time and the third, the seat came off after being used twice. As far as I am concerned they are junk. I took them back to my dealer and told them to send the chairs to the factory to show what junk they are giving the customer. I also told them that I don't want anything back due to the poor quality. What we ended up doing was purchasing some card table chairs and they work great and fold flatter and take up much less room. As far as the overall camper, we are very please with the unit but did I say these folding chairs are junk, so save your money.

guyc66

Mine have never been taken out of the closet, but in a pinch they might be used for firewood.

EDIT: I guess I should clarify my comment above - I have never used our folding chairs so I can't say whether they are good quality or not, but if they ever fail......

Last edited:

pegmikef

Mine are taking up valuable storage space in my garage. I thought they weren't very comfortable and I am still trying to remember why I ordered them.

sengli

Use them for firewood, now thats funny! I'd bet they would smoke a lot. I have read too many threads here about them failing, we have never even taken the plastic wrap off ours.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Two came with our camper and we have used them several times and have had no issues I guess we were lucky too.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have used ours too, with no issues...I store mine behind the couch and they do not take up valuable storage space.

SeattleLion

Ours are still under the bed. Never opened them. Our warranty expires soon...guess we better see if they work.

MTPockets

We have two and yes them occasionally. THey have held up great now over three years. The difference must be the amount of glue?