Slide Awning

Tom of Ypsi

I am thinking about seeing if I can put an awning on the curb side slideout. I would like to make the outside area a little larger so I do not have to move chairs or whatever to get into the basement on the curbside. What I need to know is if this is feasible. I was looking today and have my doubls but thought it would be nice if possible.
Tom

Scott

Awning..

Sorry, I must have missed this post. If your question is, can you put an awning on the curbside slideout - YES, we offer them (slide topper awnings) as standard now.
But from your description of the storage area and such, I'm not sure exactly what you are considering. Give me some more details.

Thanks.

ST

Tom of Ypsi

Scott thanks for the reply. I already have the slide topper awnings and love them. What I am wanting to do is put an awning on the slide itself (hopefull) or just above the slide (doubtfull). I would like to have a larger area to sit under not just the awning from the entrance door to the front of the unit.

slide patio awning

This is an option on the Mobile Suite line of fifth wheels. They call it a slide patio awning and I believe that it is mounted on the slide, but I think that it's only 6 ft. wide.

Tom of Ypsi

Lamplighter, thanks for the information this is what I was asking for. I will check out the Mobile Suite site and their forum for more info.
Tom

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

HI Tom

Well it would be nice if an awning would fit over the dining room slide, but I believe that there would not be room for the awning arms to mount between the existing awning and the slide out. But, if you can find one that mounts on the slide out itself, that would be another idea. I would check into whether the sides of the slide out would be strong enough to handle the arms. Good luck and keep up informed.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

HI Tom

Well it would be nice if an awning would fit over the dining room slide, but I believe that there would not be room for the awning arms to mount between the existing awning and the slide out. But, if you can find one that mounts on the slide out itself, that would be another idea. I would check into whether the sides of the slide out would be strong enough to handle the arms. Good luck and keep us informed.

Tom,
On the DoubleTree web site, in the exterior section, there is a photo of a M/S with a slide patio awning as well as the regular awning. They use Carefree awnings so they should be available from a dealer. However I would check to see if the slide would handle the extra stress.