Atlanta Motor Speedway...

caokgafamily

I went to my first Nascar race this weekend "WOW" There's a big difference seeing it live! I'm hooked. I stayed with some friends in there camper. I had a good time just walking around and looking at the thousands of rv's. I think this fall I'm going to take the BH up there.

Attachments

• 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 58
  • 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 51
  • 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 54

billd

Nothing better than a live race.... You need to go to the Indy 500 once, truly an amazing event.

Bill

sjrellis

We did not follow NASCAR at all. Then some friends took us to the race in Texas about 9 years ago. We came away from there loving it! We've been a few more times. There is a definite advantage to watching it at home (like playbacks), but there is NOTHING like being there LIVE!

snuffy

If you like it on TV, then you'll love it in person. Headsets make it easier to keep up with what's going on. First race was in '73 and haven't missed an Atlanta race since '86. We enjoy the camping as much as the race.

dakotakid

My wife and I are also big Nascar fans. She has done more races than I have. She took me to Daytona this year it was her 4th year. I drag the camper to Kansas and Texas, which is coming up soon. She has done Bristal and Indy and Atlanta. May see some of you at Texas and Kansas if you go.

snuffy

Where do you camp in Atlanta? Looking forward to making that trip.

We camp right off of Speedway Blvd. which is on track property. It is within a 15 minute walk of the track, but trams run regularly through the campground. The spaces we use are $60 each and we always get two. They are well organized and marked, mostly level, and have gravel roads. It opens on the Saturday a week before the race and the best spots fill up quickly. There are some reserved areas but I'm not familiar with them.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We went to our first NACSAR race in Las Vegas and took the same photo on JR...We had a blast, it was so exciting. We are hooked. We didn't camp at the races yet that is on the to do list.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I'm not a huge fan but would like to give Indy a look see and take my son huge fan . How early for reservations and any tips for a first timer would be appreciated....Ken

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We have been to several races with the camper. Bristol's Aug night race is must! While 'Dega is great you can not see the whole track like Bristol. I also agree that Atlanta is great and like most race track camping carry plenty of water and a generator for power as most do not have hook ups. I hope to go to Concord for the race there in Oct.

Fordsd250

Going to Darlington for the 3rd time in May, and have been to Lowes. We have 12 people and 4 RV's going to Darlington.:D