New Heartland Oakmont/New Full-timers

Hello Everyone! Change of plans for us. Our intention was to purchase a toyhauler for our full-time life, but after experiencing Seacliff State Beach with our 25 ft travel trailer while visiting our son, we knew we'd never be able to come back if we followed through with that. SO, we made the big decision to go fifth wheel instead and are very happy with our choice. It's an Oakmont 325RS. 37'6" in length. Just traveled from Quartzsite AZ to San Diego to San Clemente CA, and now heading to our next destination in northern CA for a little while. It's been two weeks since we bought it :) Any other Oakmont owners out there?

~Donna

image.jpg ~~

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We have the 2014 Silverado which has your exact floor plan and was the precursor to the Oakmont. We enjoy our tremendously and love the layout. We are headed to Kerrville Friday for 2 weeks.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congratulations on your new Oakmont and welcome to fulltiming. We fulltimed for three years and had a great time.

Consider showing it off at a Heartland Rally. See you down the road. Trace

crussian

Congrats on your Oakmont. We purchased the Oakmont 345RS, I believe the same length. We won't be able to full time for another 2 years so weekend outings will have to do. We have 9 grandchildren and they all love camping with us. We previously owned a Keystone Cougar but it was a 25 footer, just not enough room when you have 2 adults and 3 or 4 grandkids. We though we'd buy this one in advance of retirement to make sure this is what we wanted to do. It'll give us 2 years of short term and a few long term camping trips. Right now we are more than pleased with our decision. We also went one step more and decided on a generator (Onan 5.5). I also had them convert from gasoline to LP. Not expensive but I didn't have the desire to haul gallons of fuel in the tow vehicle. I know most places have hook ups, but we do go to locations where there are none and it will come in handy, especially in the 90+ degrees in AZ.

Again, welcome to the forum and we hope to hear about your new adventures.

Cary & Janet
2015 Dodge Ram 3500
2015 Oakmont 345RS

jbeletti

We have the 2014 Silverado which has your exact floor plan and was the precursor to the Oakmont. We enjoy our tremendously and love the layout. We are headed to Kerrville Friday for 2 weeks.

Are you staying at Buckhorn and are you attending the Sweetheart Rally here with a bunch of other Heartlanders.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Jim, we will be staying at Johnson Creek and won't be in until Sun. We are planning to meet Don & Monica on Mon. for a meal. I am working on getting t-shirts for the CO chapter and we need to finalize some ideas with them.