New 380 Owner After Exhausting Search

texasvet

New to this forum and first post. My wife and I have purchased a 2015 380 a couple days ago. We looked extensively for a toyhauler that had abundant living area for us to relax and watch tv or to entertain guests. The 380 met all those specifications without the price tag of the Cyclone.

I have a few question and hopefully present owner can answer, we have not camped in the unit yet; will be this weekend.

We could not find a battery saver kill switch, I am assuming that Heartland did not install and I must purchase one but wanted to check.

During our delivery walk-through the technician talked about the dvd/cd/radio player. I asked him how does one kill the sound to the outside speakers when watching a movie and such or even listening to the radio at night, he had no answer to my question. Since I have not played with the unit and the manual is a joke, does anyone have any insight as to shutting off the outside speakers? I have looked for a toggle switch or something and nothing is present.

Thanks in advance,

danemayer

Hi texasvet,

Congratulations on the new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

It's not unusual for things like the battery cutoff to be eliminated in order to get to a lower price point. Another Torque owner can probably confirm for you.

On the DVD/CD/Radio, some units have A/B/C speaker selection controls on the Remote. Can you tell us what make/model you have.

texasvet

Hi texasvet,

Congratulations on the new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

It's not unusual for things like the battery cutoff to be eliminated in order to get to a lower price point. Another Torque owner can probably confirm for you.

On the DVD/CD/Radio, some units have A/B/C speaker selection controls on the Remote. Can you tell us what make/model you have.

Thanks for your reply. I will surely check the remote for this option, like I said I have not camped in the unit yet and trying to understand the simple stuff. The unit is a 2015 Torque 380.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may be able to turn off the outside speakers by using the fader control.

Peace
Dave

HornedToad

You may be able to turn off the outside speakers by using the fader control.

Peace
Dave

I think cookie is right. The the inside / outside speakers on my old Torque were tied into the front to rear fader control. A balanced setting played both and you could fade front to rear for inside / outside.

Also, I had to add a battery disconnect to my Torque TH.

You will like the 380... Enjoy your new trailer!!!

cellman

Our Torque 321 uses the balance control on the stereo for the inside/outside speaker control. No battery disconnect.

texasvet

We tried the left and right control and also the fade, non worked to turn off the outside speakers. I have a call into Heartland.

GMCaddic

I just installed 2 toggle switches on the outside speakers to switch them on and off . and no disconnect