Storing North Trail 32BUDS RV for the first time - need advise

Ranchdip

Hello,

I just purchased my 2014 NT 32BUDS and will be storing it in outdoor covered storage. I live in the Houston area where temps can get to the upper 90's in summer and low 20's in winter. There isn't electricity available at this storage facility. I had read in the manual to leave the vents open so that air passes through the RV while in storing but I'm a little hesitant to do this considering our humidity around here stays in the 90-100% humidity range. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Here in Colorado humidity is not a problem, however, during the summer months I keep the ceiling vent opened about an inch just to let the heat escape.

I put one of these vent covers on it:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/maxxair-ii-vent-cover-white/37732

It also comes in black as well.

Took no more than 10 minutes to install.

In the winter I keep our trailer locked up tight and the vent lid closed, plus I have one of those vent pillows that fit in the ceiling vent to keep the heat in.

We keep our trailer next to our house when not in use, so it is plugged in to power to keep the batteries charged, plus we can go out and use the trailer when we want.

Ranchdip

thanks for the reply. I'm wondering with the extreme humidity down here if I need to invest in a bunch of those non-powered dehumidifier devices.

I live just north of Houston and only go up every couple of weeks. I just close everything up and turn everything off. Have not had any problems with my Jayco. Planning on doing same with my Elkridge I just got. I do drain water in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranchdip

Ok, I'm about to pull the trigger on two Maxxair vent covers. I've been looking at the fan size in my bathroom and noticed that one could purchase a high-velocity fan that would move more air than my stock vent fan. Are you guys upgrading those? If so, why do you feel you need to move more air? Before I purchased the Maxxair I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

'Lil Guy'

Ok, I'm about to pull the trigger on two Maxxair vent covers. I've been looking at the fan size in my bathroom and noticed that one could purchase a high-velocity fan that would move more air than my stock vent fan. Are you guys upgrading those? If so, why do you feel you need to move more air? Before I purchased the Maxxair I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Go for it. I just installed 3 on my Elkridge E289. Used the Maxxair II models. Better ventilation and easy to install. I didn't see a need for a high powered exhaust fan. With these installed, you can leave vents open dduring transit.
Good luck on your endeavor.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I put one on my trailer . . . less than 10 minutes to install!

JackTVup-IMG_3936.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg

You can see it at right in first photo, and just in front of the AC unit in second shot.