Exterior Gas line with quick connect to grill

crussian

Hi All - we purchased the Oakmont 345RS and one feature we liked was the LP/gas line that extended from underneath the coach (near the rear bumper). It has a quick connect end. I am now searching for a host that has the female quick connect tip and the other end would have the male threaded end to connect to the BBQ'r I have. The BBQ'r uses the small cans of fuel, typically green short stubby ones or the longer thin canisters. Has anyone used this hook up before, and if so, where did you buy the connectors and hose? We live in a small town and the closest Camping World is 90 miles away.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Cary & Janet

TxCowboy

Who makes the grill? Some, Coleman for example, has a proprietary fitting and a low pressure regulator for the small disposable bottles.

The LP gas line that runs under the RV and exits on the door side is also low pressure as there is a regulator on the propane tank. Having two low pressure regulators in a series doesn't provide enough pressure to a grill to maintain the flame.

There may be some alternatives.

Here's a link to a similar thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/49881-Portable-Grill-Hose-Extension-link-needed!

pegmikef

Hi Cary,

Here is a link to an outfit that sells the fittings you are looking for.

http://www.propaneproducts.com/catalog/quick-connectors-39-1.html

One thing you should know is that outlet is a low pressure outlet since it has already gone through your rig's propane regulator. It will only work with grills that do NOT have a regulator. One such grill is the Olympian 5500, but I understand that there are others and some folks have modified their Webers to work off the outlet. I had the low pressure outlet on my North Trail and used it quite a bit. The down side is that the location of your grill is dictated by the length of your connecting hose.

On edit I see that Jeff also answered you while I was typing. Sorry for the redundancy.

AAdams

We have a Weber grill that has a built in regulator. As stated above the dual regulators do not work. We bought an adapter from Tweety's shown below. It came with the hose that will connect to the tank tee and supply high pressure to the grills regulator. Sorry the picture is sideways.
LP2GrillAdapter.jpg

crussian

We have a Weber grill that has a built in regulator. As stated above the dual regulators do not work. We bought an adapter from Tweety's shown below. It came with the hose that will connect to the tank tee and supply high pressure to the grills regulator. Sorry the picture is sideways.
View attachment 34724

I thought my Weber, can't remember what model, was a low pressure regulator. It presently uses the small short green tanks. Both of my tanks are mounted on the same side of the coach and there is an existing T, but it goes to a "tank status" type of window. Green = good, Red = bad. So the connection you are talking about sits in between both tanks and then I run a line from that to the Weber? Having a hard time picturing it. I believe the quick connect line is connected to the gas line in the coach but not sure where. I am sure its' in the area of the two tanks (side by side), just haven't put eyes on it yet. I guess I should do that before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks again for your response.

C&J

AAdams

I thought my Weber, can't remember what model, was a low pressure regulator. It presently uses the small short green tanks. Both of my tanks are mounted on the same side of the coach and there is an existing T, but it goes to a "tank status" type of window. Green = good, Red = bad. So the connection you are talking about sits in between both tanks and then I run a line from that to the Weber? Having a hard time picturing it. I believe the quick connect line is connected to the gas line in the coach but not sure where. I am sure its' in the area of the two tanks (side by side), just haven't put eyes on it yet. I guess I should do that before jumping to conclusions.

Thanks again for your response.

C&J

Hi C&J,
The little green bottles are actually pressurized gas. The regulator takes that and makes it low pressure for the grill to use. With the item I have you would unscrew on of the

pigtails from the tank, screw the 90 degree adapter on the tank then screw the pigtail on the adapter. There is then a removable cap that connects a separate hose that came

with it that runs to the bottle fitting on the grill. Be sure to have the tank off when connecting the adapter and hose. Once it is connected, if the other end is not on the grill it

it WILL SPRAY gas.

If you do not see any connections for your quick disconnect before the tank status window then your quick disconnect is like mine and has already been regulated down to

low pressure. By using a hose to connect that to your regulator on the grill you will not get much of a flame like when I tried to do it. That quick disconnect is for some

models of grills that allow you to remove the regulator from the grill.

From understanding talking to a salesman ( so it may be incorrect ) on the Weber grill Q series you can't take the regulator off and reconnect to bottle fitting to the grill.

Hope this helps,

Alan

mixie57

We took a trip up to Elkhart to pick up some things for the RV and while there, we talked to Service about the quick connect LP and they told us that there is no regulator on the propane source. He told us it was an issue with the hose. Who the heck do we listen to?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I think whoever you talked to in "service" had been smoking funny stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobca1

As others have already noted above, unless you can find a portable grill with a removable regulator then the flame will be pretty low. With my Weber Q it still works but even when cranked up on high the flame is pretty low. Good enough to cook hot dogs or a couple burgers if its not too windy. For about $30 you can give it a try and get all the parts you need from amazon. These are the ones I ordered to assemble a hose:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HG7WUQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BPGRXI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YQP6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you can't remove the regulator on the grill, the other option of course is to connect straight to the propane tank. Better than dealing with the throw away cylinders. This is what I do when I am cooking burgers of something that needs the full flame.
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6501-Ad...49&sr=1-1&keywords=weber+gas+cylinder+adapter