Oven in Landmark Newport

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Any one have any tips on how to light a brand new oven in the coach?? I've tried holding the pilot light button for over two minutes yet I can not get the pilot light to stay lit once I let the button out. I've tried lighting the oven using just a lighter and not the pilot light (I know there is a delay in gas flowing) but still, after 30 seconds or so, the oven will not light and I don't want to have gas flowing without lighting any longer than that.

Stove top works great. Oven pilot light come on like it should but won't stay on. Any ideas or tips I can try??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Keith, I'm not so sure about the new ovens, but there might be a thermocouple in line.
If there is a thermocouple it should be in the pilot flame. If not you might have to adjust it some.
This is in place as a safety measure should the pilot go out and it will shut the gas off.
If the TC does not see heat the valve will not stay open. Just like it is not staying open now.
Look closely where the pilot is and if you have one you should see it.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Keith, take the oven out and have a cabinet maker put another cabinet in its place. Use the convection function on the microwave to bake everything. We haven't used our oven in over three years. We bake biscuits, pies, etc in the convection oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

I noticed on mine that I have to hold the lighter flame on the thermocouple for awhile to heat it up or I will have the same problem as you.
Don

klindgren

Thanks Cookie and donr827. I thought I had held to flame close the the thermocoupler to get the oven to light, but then again....... I'll try to "warm" it up again and see what happens.

Gus, don't talk to me. Ya gotta talk to the Boss. She has used her convection oven (in the old San Antonio) to bake, but she prefers the gas oven. That's one of reasons we opted to purchase this show model from the Tampa RV Show.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That is the way the oven was on all our past rigs, but our Landmark lights within 3-4 seconds of having the flame on the TC, where on our Bighorn and SOB's we sometimes were holding the lighter down on the TC for more than a minute.

Rod

whp4262

There might be an on/off valve under the cooktop. If there is make sure it is on.

klindgren

There might be an on/off valve under the cooktop. If there is make sure it is on.

Thanks whp4262, but I don't think that's the problem. Pilot light works as long as you hold the knob in so I know it's getting gas. Just can't seem to keep it lit. I think we might have a bad thermocoupler.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks whp4262, but I don't think that's the problem. Pilot light works as long as you hold the knob in so I know it's getting gas. Just can't seem to keep it lit. I think we might have a bad thermocoupler.

I'd say you're correct. I have a propane fireplace here at the house that exhibited the same symptoms and it took a new thermocoupler to keep the pilot burning.