Harbor Freight Safe...

Bob Vaughn

We have a 3011 Big Country 3250TS and I am wanting to install a safe some where inside. It will not keep a seasoned bank robber at bay but will keep kids out....I am looking for ideas as to where to put it??

TedS

I fastened a small safe to a shelf inside an overhead cabinet in the bedroom. With the cabinet door closed it was out of sight. Since the shelf was double-bottomed the screws through the safe bottom did not poke through the underside of the cabinet.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think some small safes are bolted to the floor under the bed. Trace

pegmikef

I think some small safes are bolted to the floor under the bed. Trace

That's what I'm thinking too. The one that came with my BH is in the closet and just too small for much of anything except important documents such as passports and maybe cash or some jewelry.

Last edited:

wdk450

My thoughts in owning a safe was/is not so much theft prevention as FIRE damage prevention to important documents (and a little emergency cash). The safe is rated for 2 hours in a fire, and weighs about 50 lbs. I also put duct tape "straps" around mine, keep it in the closet, so I can quickly chuck it out of the bedroom escape window in case of a fire. I have a chain ladder, window channel slide-over pillow, and a window hold-open prop pvc pipe in case emergency egress is needed from the bedroom. I also have important documents scanned to a thumbdrive and NOT kept in the trailer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I use a small MicroVault safe that is secured with a cable. If you have a hydraulic bedroom slide, under the bed works very nicely by wrapping the cable around the slide mechanism frame. It our 3670, it also mounts, with some additional hardware, in the closet. Large enough for keeping the checkbook, extra cash/credit cards, and a Keltec P-11 or Ruger LCP. It will keep the opportunistic slimeball out, but a determined turdball, with tools, could probably get it out after a while. But then, they would not want me to come back and find them trying to remove it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have this under the bed. Cable is thru bolted to the 2x2 bed frame. It's big enough for the valuables we have when traveling.
e0632e721c929437929a0468a131559a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

There are some excellent hiding places in most RV's that would beat any safe in securing valuables, but you're not going to get to them in a hurry.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
But if you put the safe in those "areas," you're further ahead. Even my TV has a safe in it. It's where I secure my carry weapon when I have to disarm.

'Lil Guy'

I have a vault in my console also for the same reason. Really nothing in our 5er worth stealing other than the TV's etc which you can't put in a vault. Personal jewelry and cash stays on us or in RV while we are there. It's protected with the items in our TV vault. Other than a really heavy safe, I don't think there is anything in an RV that is strong enough to hold a small safe.
Just my two cents.