Heartland now owns DRV

bob34787

Since I am a real fan of the quality materials used in DRV I wonder what heartland ownership will do to it. I do hope they keep the higher end 5th wheels as someday that is my goal.

Bobby A

Really ?? When did this happen ?? I've only been off the forum for 2 days !! What did I miss ???

sengli

DW and I just took the DRV factory tour this week, and I chided the the tour guide, and asked if the new coaches were going to have new decals that read "DRV mobile suites by Heartland" He didnt know what for sure was going to happen. He said they do allot of special order interiors, and that they had quite a few orders to get to yet. He also mentioned the employees weren't even aware they were for sale. Love the look of their coaches.

bob34787

my friend has an elite suite absolutely first class materials, same problems as the rest of the industry but still first rate materials

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thor Industries bought DRV under the Heartland name with the announcement being released January 1st. As of now, DRV will still be a separate indentation under it's own name as before, just using the purchasing power of Heartland/Thor name.

Yes - at the RV show that I had a Heartland Owners Club booth in January, I was teasing one of their sales rep asking him where his shirt was that said "DRV by Heartland". He wasn't amused. Down the road they are looking at how the two clubs will be handled but again that will be down the road and not at the near future.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I guess some folks are just hearing about this because they just got their copy of Trailer Life with the announcement in it.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I spoke to a DRV rep in Houston at the tv show and he was excited about it on their end for having the purchasing power of Thor behind them. Other then that not sure how much will change with them. He did say they had their best year yet last year and built just over 600 units. I was amazed at the small number myself. Also from my understanding heartland was interested in DRV due to their location and campus as HL is landlocked in elkhart county and needed access to both space and workers. So I bet DRV will continue on its own with a new neighbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Thor behind them. Other then that not sure how much will change with them.

I'm sure there will be plenty of changes. Just like all the other family - private brands that got bought out.
Thor is doing to coaches what lippert is doing to accessories and add-ons.

bob34787

I'm sure there will be plenty of changes. Just like all the other family - private brands that got bought out.
Thor is doing to coaches what lippert is doing to accessories and add-ons.
That is my fear although Thor is better than the alternative.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Many folks on the DRV forum think the quality has already slipped - an effort to boost profit margins in advance of the acquisition. Haven't seen any comments over there that think it's a really good thing.

bob34787

Many folks on the DRV forum think the quality has already slipped - an effort to boost profit margins in advance of the acquisition. Haven't seen any comments over there that think it's a really good thing.

my friend has had her share of QC issues but not with the components just the installation

porthole

Retired
We, as consumers, do not need one giant corporate umbrella. The perceived cost savings up front will slowly slip away. Besides, competition is good for all involved.
Who knows, by this time next year we may be back to "colby" electronics ........