2009 Big country 3250ts

I have a 2009 Big Country 3250ts. I have been having problems with my battery not being charged while hooked up to 50 amp service. I believe that the fuses on the converter are blown, but i can't find it. Where is it located, and what is the best way to access it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bigcountryinwyoming welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here.
You will need to take the basement wall down. It is located behind it.
There should be three screws in the UDC that are part of the off door half of the wall. There will also be a couple of screws that you will see in the face of the wall.
There is also a chance that your converter has given up the ghost.
It may also have come unplugged.
If there is a vent in the door side half of the wall you might be able to remove the vent and get a look back there.
Be sure to come back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
If your converter is blown and your battery is dead, you will have NO 12V systems at all - no interior lights, no furnace or refer, even when plugged into shore power. Is this the case?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One question we forgot to ask is how old is the battery and are you certain that it is good?

Peace
Dave

sjandbj

My Big Country has a Progressive converter/Charger there are three fuses on the front by the wire lugs you can check these. Here is what i found on the company FAQ site.
10. What are the fuses on the front of the converter designed to do?
These fuses protect the converter from damage in the event the battery is connected to the RV in reverse. A reverse battery hook-up is the only thing that will blow these fuses. Before replacing a converter suspected of being inoperative always, check these fuses first! These are standard automotive type 30 amp fuses.

danemayer

Hi bigcountryinwyoming,

You might take a look at our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. Sometimes the 12V mini-circuit breaker between the Power Converter and battery will trip and needs to be manually reset.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 7
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 5
  • circuitbreaker.jpg
    circuitbreaker.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 5