Transfer Box Location

Scott

Generator Prep

Your dealer should have explained this better to you, but the Generator prep that we do at Heartland involves only installing the hour meter and start switch and running the wiring down to the front storage compartment. It is the dealer who then installs both the generator and tranfer switch of the customer's choosing. I apologize if your dealer led you to believe anything otherwise.

ST

Racerguy

Thanks Scott. I was not informed at the time of delivery. Only told that it was generator ready. Obviously it isn't. Thanks again for the quick reply.:)

Racerguy

I know I wasn't loosing my mind, the following info came from the factory web site.
Under Specifications, Upgrades , Applicances
APPLIANCES –
• Electric Fireplace (where applicable)
• Generator Prep (Hr. Meter, Start Switch, Trans. Box)
• Splendide 2100 Washer/Dryer Combo - the lastest innovation in laundry appliances for RVs, the Splendide performs better than the stackables used in the past. For more info, click here.
• 10 Cu. Ft. Dometic™ Refrigerator with Ice Maker
• 12 Cu. Ft. Dometic ™ Side-by-Side Refrigerator w/Ice

Soooooo, :confused:

Scott

Sorry for the typo

No, you are not loosing your mind. That section of the specs. obviously was in error. We try our best to keep them up to date, but that is one that has slipped through the cracks. In the very begining, we were going to offer the transfer box. but when we actually put in our first gen. prep., a couple of dealers were here and told us that because of the different models and different locations and sizes and shapes of the Generator templates, they would prefer the ability to locate transfer box accordingly, and only asked for the hour meter and start switch. It has not been a problem to this point. The fact is, we never did put in the transfer box. I know this was corrected on our printed brochure specifications, but I'm sorry that we missed it on the web site.

ST