Proud to show off my $50k+ Trailer....

dougw

Some of you might have seen my previous post about this, but I figured I'd show some updated quality photos. As you can see there is defenantly an issue with the dark blue decals. Hopefully heartland is as happy about this as I am. To be fair the first time I posted this they contacted me but at that time I wasn't ready to spend $200+ per decals to replace them. That seemed a bit much for something that is a quality issue. The gray decals are just fine...so "man" up heartland!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Facts of life . . .

I feel your pain . . .

While my trailer is 2 1/2 years old now, I'm having serious issues that shouldn't be happening to a 2 1/2 year old trailer . . . but they are happening!

As I'm sure you already know about that 'One Year Warranty!" thingy, just like I keep hearing.

But that is life . . . and I still love our Heartland trailer and all of the friends we have made through the Heartland Owner's Club!

And now . . . back to 'Walker, Texas Ranger' reruns on Direct TV Channel 364!

porthole

Retired
Re: Facts of life . . .

Ours was sometime in June 2009. I know there were quite a few changes from when ours was built to units just a month or two later. Are you in Southern Cali? Is one side worse then the other?

I'll have to go take a good luck later today at ours.

dougw

Yes we are in s. Cal.

Both thy sides are equally as bad. The big decal and the gray strips are fine, it's just any stripes of dark blue.

I have bedn been thinking of just removing those only and leaving them the faded white since that looks like stripes, but I figured I'd show off heartlands quality decals. In August I get to take a multiple state trip so I can make sure 1/2 the country gets to see them (g) ��

Oregon_Camper

We has a similar problem on our previous trailer (Keystone Outback). I was able to get replacement labels, but in the end I just removed them (using "Goof Off") and left the trailer blank.

This was the major reasons my wife and I decided on full body paint for our new Big Horn.

danemayer

the first time I posted this they contacted me but at that time I wasn't ready to spend $200+ per decals to replace them. That seemed a bit much
Hi dougw,

My understanding is that Heartland sets aside some number of decals in the parts dep't for every model/floorplan (which no doubt is a lot of decal stock). Over the years, the supply for your model/rig must have run out.

Now, getting a new decal involves sending artwork to a vendor and ordering a quantity of one. On a new design, they probably order in the hundreds, or thousands, and the setup and production costs are amortized across the large quantity as with any print job. Once they get to the point where decals have to be special ordered, it does get very expensive.

zombiejeep

Yes we are in s. Cal.

Both thy sides are equally as bad. The big decal and the gray strips are fine, it's just any stripes of dark blue.

I have bedn been thinking of just removing those only and leaving them the faded white since that looks like stripes, but I figured I'd show off heartlands quality decals. In August I get to take a multiple state trip so I can make sure 1/2 the country gets to see them (g) ��

You know, bad advertising is just as effective as good advertising. I find this when I go to off road events with the jeep. People with brand "x" stuff that breaks all the time stop buying brand "x". If it wasn't for driving around with cracked decals, I would be very tempted to leave them for a season!

dougw

Hi dougw,

My understanding is that Heartland sets aside some number of decals in the parts dep't for every model/floorplan (which no doubt is a lot of decal stock). Over the years, the supply for your model/rig must have run out.

Now, getting a new decal involves sending artwork to a vendor and ordering a quantity of one. On a new design, they probably order in the hundreds, or thousands, and the setup and production costs are amortized across the large quantity as with any print job. Once they get to the point where decals have to be special ordered, it does get very expensive.

The first time I posted this and they did get in touch with me, they told me that they don't use that vender any more but are using a new vender. Then they informed me that if I did get new decals made that they might not be the same size but might vary by 1/4 inch in either way. That would be fine but the cost they wanted me pay to fix someone else's quality issues seemed a bit outrageous. I would have even split the cost with them if they had offered, but now I think I will keep showing off the Heartland product for a while longer. (makes me feel better)<G>

gtsum2

ouch...posts like this make me seriously considering doing full body paint on the rig we are ordering here soon..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Oregon_Camper

ouch...posts like this make me seriously considering doing full body paint on the rig we are ordering here soon..
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Do it! The full body paint is absolutely gorgeous. When we took delivery of ours, there we 2 couples standing by our trailer and both amazed at the difference full body paint makes.

porthole

Retired

Yes we are in s. Cal.

I have bedn been thinking of just removing those only and leaving them the faded white since that looks like stripes, but I figured I'd show off heartlands quality decals. In August I get to take a multiple state trip so I can make sure 1/2 the country gets to see them (g) &#55357;&#56835;

Went out and checked today, no issues. But, we do not have the blue. Ours is the various bronze colors.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

There are all kinds of places that will duplicate and replace decals in the Southwest.

Here is one, http://www.rvdecal.com/

Just Google "RV Decal" and you will find others. Trace

Last edited:

danemayer

There are all kinds of place that will duplicate and replace decals in the Southwest.

Here is one, http://www.rvdecal.com/

Just Google "RV Decal" and you will find others. Trace

If there are a lot of companies replacing decals, I guess there must be lots of aging RVs keeping those companies in business, needing to have decals replaced. Maybe 5 or 6 years is just how long they last.

porthole

Retired

Maybe it is a "blue" issue. I work with the the person that bought our 2003 Sunnybrook TT. All of the dark blue decals on his trailer look like the pictures Doug posted.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had issues with a few blue decals cracking, build date 9-11-2009. But worse than that was the metallic gold that "tarnished". Had them replaced, and the gold are tarnishing again. Also have a few that have shrunk/curled edges. Did use 303.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk