Toilet paper

olcoon

We use Angel Soft & no problems. I also put Unique in the tank, it's bio-degradeable, and does a great job. Here is a link to their website.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We use Costco brand 2 ply. Not the 'soft' one, I believe it's thicker.
We haven't had any problems.

F_Goose

To test it you put 1 square in a jar with water and shake it. If it dissolves/breaks down than it is safe.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you want to see how any particular toilet paper breaks down, take a couple of pieces and place it in a bowl of water.

We use the Scott RV paper described above by Bill. It's available at Wallyworld.

Some standard toilet paper brands are now labeled "septic safe" and in my opinion it should break down well, if you use enough water. We use these at our Kanabin in Utah (on septic) with no problems. Trace

brianharrison

To test it you put 1 square in a jar with water and shake it. If it dissolves/breaks down than it is safe.

X2

Then repeat with a Kleenex (or similar brand) and you'll see the difference - Kleenex sheet will not break down.

Good visual.

Brian

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have been using Angel Soft for years at home in the septic system and in the RV (black tank). No problems at either location.

TXTiger

I like the 2 ply Camco sold at WalMart. Have been using it for almost 3 years now and no problem clogging. I like the 2 ply better than Scott's 1 ply.

Lynn1130

No offense to anyone asking but we really do need an "Asked and Answered" section on this site along with a "Please do a search.The search engine is your friend".

I was a newbee too and I feel their pain trying to find info but "Search" is such a powerful tool.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
No offense to anyone asking but we really do need an "Asked and Answered" section on this site along with a "Please do a search.The search engine is your friend".

I was a newbee too and I feel their pain trying to find info but "Search" is such a powerful tool.

You are probably right but how many times has 'what kind of truck do I need?' or 'what is this switch for?' of 'where can I find' or how do I do' . Guess that is why we have the forum. But isn't it really kind of funny how much conversation you can have about toilet paper? :)

bacaye

My only thought to a couple comments.. and this is from a female...you are going to scare anyone new from wanting to ask a question. No one should have to do a search if you have a forum that encourages you to ask questions. Everyone is serious when asking and everyone needs to give them a serious answer to their question. That is the Heartland way and SO HAPPY to see so many did just that. I am smiling..ask the ladies how difficult it is to see all the tires, electric, plumbing, tech questions, etc. over and over!!!! Have a great day!!