PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, New Iberia - 10/30/2015 to 11/1/2015

jassson007
02-20-2015, 03:59 PM
713 NW Bypass, New Iberia, LA 70560

Venue:
------------------------------

Cajun RVera
713 NW Bypass
New Iberia, LA 70560
Danielle 337-256-8681
www.cajunrvera.com (http://www.cajunrvera.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $35 per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee: 20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/31/2015
Potluck time: 5 pm

Event Leader: jassson007(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1625)

Additional Info:
Hey everyone, lets have a Halloween Party on the Bayou for our Fall Rally. I have it on good authority that all the good gouls and ghosts will be ready for a nice fall crisp campout...so get those costumes out and polish up your skills for bobing for apples...

I have 20 sites reserved at this fairly new parish park down in New Iberia. Some of you may know about the place and some of the early issues but I have been promised that they are addressing those issues and all should be done by the time we get down there this fall. We also will have a rally hall for our use on Saturday for the potluck and any games we may want to play. There will also be trick or treaters going through the park and possibly some decorating contests. There are also some neat places to visit in the area such as Avery Island and the Tabasco factory, Konriko Rice mill, various plantations as well as downtown historic area.

Please consider joining us at this rally, go ahead and call and make your reservation as sites will be released back to park on 10/1. Right they have us all sited together near the rally hall/pool.

Attending:
1. Andy & Joanna Grimes 2414 10/29 - 11/1 site 163
2. Malcom & Val Talley #### 10/28 - 11/2 site 164
3. Peg & Mike Finnegan 2001 10/28 - 11/2 site 166
4. Lin & Deb Ballard 1169
5. Jay & Stella Coffman 1017 10/27 - 11/2 site 167
6. Frank & Debbie Baker 1328 10/29 -11/1 site 168
7. Bill & Ornell Sims #### 10/29 - 11/1 site 170
8. Tom & Marti Mangum 1195 10/?? - 11/?? site 165
9. John & Aletha
10. Dave Seabolt & Nancy Anderson #### 10/29 -11/1 site 169
11. David & Susan G #### 10/30 - 11/1 site 140
12. Ron Parish
13. Jim & Shelia Gratz
14. George Speir
15. Ed Anhalt
16. Ed & Susan Potts
17. Kenneth Stelly

I have attached the rally agenda...

jassson007
04-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Just a reminder for those making plans for this fall. Come enjoy life down on the bayou before heading off to your snowbird roosts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc
04-16-2015, 12:46 PM
We'll be there! Love the area.

jassson007
04-16-2015, 01:14 PM
We'll be there! Love the area.

Good deal!!

osims
04-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Andy- we plan on attending your rally but with Ornell's work schedule I can't confirm until Sept.

jo9463
04-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Andy- we plan on attending your rally but with Ornell's work schedule I can't confirm until Sept.

We understand. Would love to have you and Ornell. Hope her work schedule works out or she retires...lol

VKTalley
05-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Traveling Talleys (Malcolm aka MCTalley and Valerie) will be attending! Reservations made today! We will be arrriving October 28 and leaving November 2.

jassson007
05-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Traveling Talleys (Malcolm aka MCTalley and Valerie) will be attending! Reservations made today! We will be arrriving October 28 and leaving November 2.

Awesome news. Glad to have yall down this way. Btw did they give you a site number?

VKTalley
05-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Awesome news. Glad to have yall down this way. Btw did they give you a site number?

Andy, I am not sure. I'll have Malcolm let you know.

jassson007
05-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Andy, I am not sure. I'll have Malcolm let you know.

Not a problem. If he told them he was part of our group they should have assigned a site. Thanks!!

VKTalley
05-11-2015, 08:33 AM
Not a problem. If he told them he was part of our group they should have assigned a site. Thanks!!

He did, but I will check with him and see.

jassson007
06-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Just a reminder I know I spoke to a lot of people at Goshen. If you are planning on being anywhere near S Louisiana this fall please make plans to attend this rally. There are a lot of neat things to do and see in the area such as Avery Island home of Tobasco hot sauce and the Konriko rice mill plus several plantations. Once you make your reservations please post and let me know.

jassson007
06-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Kinda quiet in here. I think I can hear the trains all the way up in Goshen it's so quiet. Lol. [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

VKTalley
06-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Kinda quiet in here. I think I can hear the trains all the way up in Goshen it's so quiet. Lol. [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Naw....that's just the horns on your truck. :rolleyes:
I definitely don't miss the Goahen trains! The Houston campground we are in is nice and quiet.

jassson007
06-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Naw....that's just the horns on your truck. :rolleyes:
I definitely don't miss the Goahen trains! The Houston campground we are in is nice and quiet.

Lol I hit them as I passed the guy that details my truck and jumped big time. He knows I have them and will not touch any switches lol.

I will be in Rosenberg tomorrow and staying in Pasadena but I gotta be back in lake Charles early Friday or I would pass by. Let me know when yall will be passing through here in way back so I can get a site reserved for you if yall still want to stop over.

VKTalley
06-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Lol I hit them as I passed the guy that details my truck and jumped big time. He knows I have them and will not touch any switches lol.

I will be in Rosenberg tomorrow and staying in Pasadena but I gotta be back in lake Charles early Friday or I would pass by. Let me know when yall will be passing through here in way back so I can get a site reserved for you if yall still want to stop over.

we will definitely let you know what our return trip will be! Stay safe on your travels.

pegmikef
07-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Andy, put us down, I am still working on the dates, but I imagine we will arrive a couple of days early and stay an extra day or two as I plan on going from your rally to Tom's in Kerrville. I will let you know when I make the reservations. How long is the rally rate good for? Oh, yeah it looks like I get to go over my favorite bridge a couple of times (my vertigo loves it).

jassson007
07-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Hey Mike just let me know when you get your dates in. You should be able to get those rates for your entire stay as I had to negotiate for a rally hall here and part of that was no reduced rates. What is posted is their normal rates.
Atleast now we have two other for sure rigs besides ours. George S says he will be here as well so let's hope we have a large turnout.
As far as your favorite bridge, yes sir you will atleast have to cross it once on way to kerrville. Not sure where you will be traveling in from but if from n tx you can always come across 20 to Shreveport and take 49 south all the way to new Iberia.

pegmikef
07-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Will do. We will be coming from West Texas. so we'll overnight at Lake Conroe KOA, and then pick up I10 at Beaumont and I figure since I have done it three or four times the bridge and my vertigo will get along just fine.

jassson007
07-12-2015, 09:41 AM
Will do. We will be coming from West Texas. so we'll overnight at Lake Conroe KOA, and then pick up I10 at Beaumont and I figure since I have done it three or four times the bridge and my vertigo will get along just fine.

Not a problem. Not much in way of avoiding it coming from that way. See y'all then if not sooner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomMar
07-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Andy - Put us down for this one too. I'lll get you the arrival/departure dates soon.

jassson007
07-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Andy - Put us down for this one too. I'lll get you the arrival/departure dates soon.

Thanks Tom! Hope y'all are having fun in Colorado. We are headed to the island this weekend and then next weekend to the site of our spring rally.

Nabo
07-24-2015, 07:49 AM
Andy - even tho we are heading to AL a little earlier than we had planned for the next couple of years, we were hoping to make this rally but it's just not in the cards this time. Hopefully we can after getting settled.

jassson007
07-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Andy - even tho we are heading to AL a little earlier than we had planned for the next couple of years, we were hoping to make this rally but it's just not in the cards this time. Hopefully we can after getting settled.

Byrd and Nathan I understand the timing is off for yall this year but hope to see yall at a future rally. Yall take care and be safe.

LBallard
08-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Put Lin & Debbie Ballard down. I'll make reservations next week and let you know.

jassson007
08-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Put Lin & Debbie Ballard down. I'll make reservations next week and let you know.

Awesome. Got yall down!!

pegmikef
08-02-2015, 02:48 PM

Great, Peggy will be excited when I tell her you folks will be there. We will also see you in Durant before Halloween.

jassson007
08-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Just a heads up that if you would like to attend our Halloween rally down on the Bayou you need to get you reservations in soon. Cut off is end of September to be with our group. Campground is planning some other things to go on this weekend so they will take our sites and more than likely sell them.

I am also in talks with a new Big Horn dealer to partner up with us and hopefully provide either a meal or some giveaways and possibly a show rig for one day.

pegmikef
08-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Andy, I tried making my reservations this evening, but the computer was down. Danielle said she would call me when it was back up at which time I will make them. We plan on arriving on the 28th and departing on the 2nd of Nov. BTW, my HOC number is 2001.

jassson007
08-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Andy, I tried making my reservations this evening, but the computer was down. Danielle said she would call me when it was back up at which time I will make them. We plan on arriving on the 28th and departing on the 2nd of Nov. BTW, my HOC number is 2001.

Thanks for the heads up Mike. As far as the member number I was lazy when I updated list and did not look it up. Thanks!!

pegmikef
08-05-2015, 12:08 PM
I talked to Glenda (?) today and she made my reservation and put me in site 166. She said all the Heartland sites are over by the pool/pond. Is that the correct area Andy?

jassson007
08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Yes sir that should be the correct area.

pegmikef
08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Good deal, looks like a nice location. Thanks

jassson007
08-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Good deal, looks like a nice location. Thanks

It is. You and peg bring your swim suits as they will have the lazy river heated for the weekend. Lol

jassson007
08-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Just another heads up folks if you would like to attend our Halloween on the Bayou please make your reservations soon. The campground is planning their own Halloween party so things will start filling up soon. We should be good till September but I would not wait too long.

osims
08-11-2015, 04:08 PM
I wish I could make reservations now Andy but we don't get Ornells work schedule for Oct till mid Sept. I hate that we may miss out but nothing I can do.

alethaj
08-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Going to talk to John and see if we can add this one on our list of trips....I am sure it will be fun...and I don't want to not visit my La. friends as well as my Tx friends..ha ha ..

jassson007
08-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Going to talk to John and see if we can add this one on our list of trips....I am sure it will be fun...and I don't want to not visit my La. friends as well as my Tx friends..ha ha ..

Would certainly love to have yall down this way but we understand if it doesn't workout.

jayc
08-14-2015, 07:05 PM
We're registered to arrive on Oct. 27th and leave Nov. 2nd. They will email a site number.

'Lil Guy'
08-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Why don't you go ahead and put the Bakers down. I'll get Debbie to make reservations and post back. Haven't missed one of your rallys yet. With the 'Lil Guy' making his final tour of the year, it should be good for attendance. People travel for miles to get a look at him. We'll arrive on the 29th and be departing on the 1st. Looking forward to seeing you two again along with the rest. Be a good time to give Peg and Mike a Guardian Bell for their Bighorn. Certainly we're having breakfast Friday morning. I'll bring and cook the bacon and sausage. See everyone their. The 'Lil Guy' may even show up in a costume.
Later and have a great day.

jassson007
08-14-2015, 10:39 PM
We're registered to arrive on Oct. 27th and leave Nov. 2nd. They will email a site number.

Awesome got ya down Jay. Thanks!!

jassson007
08-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Why don't you go ahead and put the Bakers down. I'll get Debbie to make reservations and post back. Haven't missed one of your rallys yet. With the 'Lil Guy' making his final tour of the year, it should be good for attendance. People travel for miles to get a look at him. We'll arrive on the 29th and be departing on the 1st. Looking forward to seeing you two again along with the rest. Be a good time to give Peg and Mike a Guardian Bell for their Bighorn. Certainly we're having breakfast Friday morning. I'll bring and cook the bacon and sausage. See everyone their. The 'Lil Guy' may even show up in a costume.

Great Frank, what's a rally without the little guy and its new pull toy. We will be there Thursday so Friday breakfast will be wonderful. We can talk about it more as it gets closer.

pegmikef
08-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Good deal, since Frank is doing bacon and sausage and I'm still carrying my Yeti, Peggy and I will again provide juices, milk, butter, and butter substitute for the Friday breakfast.

jayc
08-15-2015, 06:05 PM
Stella said she will fix some pancakes for the breakfast, so count us in!

pegmikef
08-15-2015, 07:00 PM
K, we'll add syrup to our list.

'Lil Guy'
08-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Now we're cooking. I can eat a stack of pancakes. Up here trying to pick up my rig in kerrville. Looks like my hitch is about 6" to tall. Already in lowest position.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

dlw930
08-15-2015, 08:28 PM
I've gained 3 pounds just reading this thread!!

jassson007
08-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Sounds like we will be having a great breakfast.

jassson007
08-15-2015, 10:27 PM

David we would love to have yall join us. Frank can fry some bacon and sausage let me tell ya.

'Lil Guy'
08-17-2015, 02:29 PM

You'll gain 10 if you show up for the breakfast. We haven't even talked about the fried
potatoes yet or the biscuits and sausage gravy and eggs.

VKTalley
08-17-2015, 10:28 PM
You'll gain 10 if you show up for the breakfast. We haven't even talked about the fried
potatoes yet or the biscuits and sausage gravy and eggs.

Oh great....Malcolm's favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy. :rolleyes:
Andy, count us in for breakfast. I'll bring a dish to share that I can eat.

jassson007
08-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Oh great....Malcolm's favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy. :rolleyes:
Andy, count us in for breakfast. I'll bring a dish to share that I can eat.

That will work...

'Lil Guy'
08-18-2015, 05:05 AM
Before Andy says "that will work", might I be so bold as to ask what kind of food you can eat?lol I hope I can sleep just wondering about this. I hope I don't see everyone standing around your dish scratching their head trying to figure out what it is.

Come to think of it, the way people eat at these rallys, you could put hay out and it would get eaten. Looking forward to the big event and seeing everyone.

VKTalley
08-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Before Andy says "that will work", might I be so bold as to ask what kind of food you can eat?lol I hope I can sleep just wondering about this. I hope I don't see everyone standing around your dish scratching their head trying to figure out what it is.

Come to think of it, the way people eat at these rallys, you could put hay out and it would get eaten. Looking forward to the big event and seeing everyone.

Debbie, since my gall bladder surgery I have not been able to tolerate beef or pork...too fatty or anything deep fried. My dish is one I got the recipe from Nancy Pike at the December Virginia Rally, called Southern Cheesy Grits and Turkey Sausage Cassrole.
You are so right about Heartlanders, rallies, and food...they seem to go together. :cool:

'Lil Guy'
08-18-2015, 02:26 PM
You had better get your grits before my wife finds them. She had the same surgery and issues. She's constantly trying to sneak the Turkey products on me all the time. I think your casserole will be a crowd pleaser.

jayc
08-18-2015, 03:28 PM
We're in site #167 for the rally.

pegmikef
08-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Looks like we will be neighbors again. They put us in #166 a week or two ago when I made our reservations.

jayc
08-18-2015, 04:30 PM
That sounds good Mike!

VKTalley
08-18-2015, 11:54 PM
You had better get your grits before my wife finds them. She had the same surgery and issues. She's constantly trying to sneak the Turkey products on me all the time. I think your casserole will be a crowd pleaser.

Thanks, Frank! Let Debbie know that there will definitely be something she can eat without worry. :)

jassson007
08-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Just updated first post with site numbers thus far. Also spoke with campground and they are giving us to 10/1 on our group. If you are able to, please make your reservations by that date so we can all be together. I am also looking at a group tour at Avery Island and Tobasco.

jayc
08-21-2015, 03:44 PM
That Avery Island and Tabasco is a good tour. Try the Tabasco flavored ice cream!

jassson007
08-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Yes sir I did find out that factory tours are available on Saturday they only do bottling on M-Th so if you want to see that part you need to go prior to the weekend. Otherwise everything else is available for the cost of $1.

'Lil Guy'
08-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Andy, never got a call back from Danielle on our reservations. Debbie made the reservations and they put us in 150. That's way out in left field. I mentioned the HL group to the other girl and she said they are booked. How about a little help here. I don't think the girl we spoke with is in on the program. I'll try again in the morning.
Of course, just maybe you told them to put the 'LG' way in the back again.

jassson007
08-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Andy, never got a call back from Danielle on our reservations. Debbie made the reservations and they put us in 150. That's way out in left field. I mentioned the HL group to the other girl and she said they are booked. How about a little help here. I don't think the girl we spoke with is in on the program. I'll try again in the morning.

Frank I will email right now and call tomorrow to get you changed to our section. Is reservation under Debbie or you?

Forgot to ask what are your dates too?

jassson007
08-23-2015, 10:02 PM

Well that was fast, I sent an email after I made my first post to you and 45 min she sends me a note that you have been moved to site 168 which is right next to Jay and Stella. Now we can all watch you park the little guy with the big truck. Lol

BTW what are your dates coming and going?

'Lil Guy'
08-23-2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks Andy. You know the 'Lil Guy' gets a complex parked next to those big Landmarks.lol
Thanks again and see everyone there. Our dates are arriving on the 29th and departing on the 1st.

TomMar
08-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Yes sir I did find out that factory tours are available on Saturday they only do bottling on M-Th so if you want to see that part you need to go prior to the weekend. Otherwise everything else is available for the cost of $1.

Andy count us in for the Tabasco tour.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nander
08-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Reservations made for 10-29 to 11-2, site 169. We are interested in the tour also.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jassson007
08-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Reservations made for 10-29 to 11-2, site 169. We are interested in the tour also.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Awesome. I was hoping yall would be able to come. Between yall and Frank both of you have made all of the LA rallies.

nander
08-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Awesome. I was hoping yall would be able to come. Between yall and Frank both of you have made all of the LA rallies.

Wouldn't miss it. I've put off the reservation waiting on Dave's surgery. Since it was a success, we are able to come!
See you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

jassson007
08-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Wouldn't miss it. I've put off the reservation waiting on Dave's surgery. Since it was a success, we are able to come!
See you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Good to hear and I am glad your patient is recovering well!! See yall in October. Wish we could get away to other rallies this fall. [emoji20]

'Lil Guy'
08-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Andy, are you going to have valet parking? These are all back in sites. We might have to come in early just to save the ridicule. If not, I can promise you the parking event will be worth the price of admission.lol

jimtoo
08-24-2015, 01:34 PM
See you soon!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

So the brain upgrade and programmed to your specs was a success,,, that is great. :)

Oh,,, if you have never been to the hot sauce plant... you might take a few tissues dampened in a plastic bag. It can get pretty spicy on the eyes we found about 4-5 years ago.

Jim M

jassson007
08-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Andy, are you going to have valet parking? These are all back in sites. We might have to come in early just to save the ridicule. If not, I can promise you the parking event will be worth the price of admission.lol

Yes Frank they are all back in sites. The area we are in is closest to rally hall we have use of on Saturday. We won't score too hard though on your backing skills. Lol

osims
08-24-2015, 02:25 PM
Andy-reservation made, site 170

jassson007
08-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Andy-reservation made, site 170

Awesome glad yall are able to come this way. Yall are also in the same group as Frank & Debbie and Nancy & Dave.

Btw what dates are you coming and going on? Also give David G a shout since we are in his backyard and see if they will join us or atleast come eat with us one day.

osims
08-24-2015, 05:41 PM
We are coming in Friday and leaving Sunday, David said he was coming, I'll call and remind him to make his reservation.

jassson007
08-24-2015, 10:03 PM
We are coming in Friday and leaving Sunday, David said he was coming, I'll call and remind him to make his reservation.

Awesome. thanks!! Hope yall are enjoying Sandy Creek. [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

'Lil Guy'
08-25-2015, 04:08 AM
Can someone tell me exactly where that stretch of I10 in La. is that has the speed bumps every 20 feet? What would be the best way to miss it without going north and turning down. It wasn't that long of a stretch. I have an alternate route but hoping someone might know of a shorter route to bypass it. If not, I'll go to N Texas and cut over to Mississippi and turn south to come in the back way.lol The last time we hit that stretch, all of my beers exploded in the cooler.

jassson007
08-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Can someone tell me exactly where that stretch of I10 in La. is that has the speed bumps every 20 feet? What would be the best way to miss it without going north and turning down. It wasn't that long of a stretch. I have an alternate route but hoping someone might know of a shorter route to bypass it. If not, I'll go to N Texas and cut over to Mississippi and turn south to come in the back way.lol The last time we hit that stretch, all of my beers exploded in the cooler.

Only other route than the northern one I gave you has to come into lake Charles and take the I210 loop and get off on hwy 14 and you can take that all the way to new Iberia as well. That was is a lot slower though as you are making a lot of turns and going btw 35 & 45 most of the time.

jassson007
08-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Just heard from David and Susan G. They will be joining us again. Shaping up to be a nice sized rally for Halloween.

jmgratz
08-29-2015, 06:47 AM
Just heard from David and Susan G. They will be joining us again. Shaping up to be a nice sized rally for Halloween.

We would love to come but Oct 31st is our anniversary and we always go to the Coushatta with DWs sister and her husband (non-rvers) as they have the same anniversary. We celebrate by eating and gambling. LOL

TomMar
08-29-2015, 08:19 AM
BTW they put us in site 165

jassson007
08-29-2015, 12:46 PM
We would love to come but Oct 31st is our anniversary and we always go to the Coushatta with DWs sister and her husband (non-rvers) as they have the same anniversary. We celebrate by eating and gambling. LOL

I have an aunt and uncle on my stepmom side of family that were married on Halloween as well. Happy early anniversary and we will drink one for yall. Lol

jassson007
08-29-2015, 12:47 PM
BTW they put us in site 165

Thanks Tom!!

navyAZ1
08-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Hi Andy, the Parrish's will be attending on our way to New Orleans for my Great Niece's wedding. We will arrive on 10/29 and leave on 11/1. They assigned us site 172, our HOC # is 1158. See Y'all there.

jassson007
08-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Hi Andy, the Parrish's will be attending on our way to New Orleans for my Great Niece's wedding. We will arrive on 10/29 and leave on 11/1. They assigned us site 172, our HOC # is 1158. See Y'all there.

Awesome. Can't wait to see y'all.

jmgratz
09-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Great news for us. We are going to be able to make this rally. Just made reservations with Lisa at the park. She got us in site 142 arriving on Friday the 30th and leaving on the 1st. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Chippendale
09-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Andy and Joanna, Dolly has convinced me that we need to attend your Halloween rally, so I just made reservations and they put us in space 143, we will arrive on Oct. 28th and leave on Nov. 2nd.
Dolly does have a question, will Rowdy and Kaydee be in costume too? If so, I guess she will be taking me shopping.

Looking forward to it.

George

pegmikef
09-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Good deal George! Molly has been pestering us about when she would see Dolly again. Were you ever able to hook up with your son up in Creede?

jassson007
09-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Great news for us. We are going to be able to make this rally. Just made reservations with Lisa at the park. She got us in site 142 arriving on Friday the 30th and leaving on the 1st. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Awesome to hear that you and Mrs Sheila will be there.

jassson007
09-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Andy and Joanna, Dolly has convinced me that we need to attend your Halloween rally, so I just made reservations and they put us in space 143, we will arrive on Oct. 28th and leave on Nov. 2nd.
Dolly does have a question, will Rowdy and Kaydee be in costume too? If so, I guess she will be taking me shopping.

Looking forward to it.

George

Awesome George glad to have yall at the rally. As of now Rowdy and Kaydee will be costumeless. Lol it is up to Dolly if she wants to dress up. Lol

Chippendale
09-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Good deal George! Molly has been pestering us about when she would see Dolly again. Were you ever able to hook up with your son up in Creede?

Yeah, I went back up to that pass mid morning and sat there waiting on him and reading a book until about 7:30 in the evening. Meanwhile, he hiked down the Bachelor Loop into Creede and spent the afternoon drinking beer and watching ball games on TV. Since there is no cell service up at the pass, and I did not want to leave in case he came walking out of the woods, we had a sort of communication problem. He should finish his hike tomorrow and I guess we will head for home. Tell Molly that Dolly will be glad to see her again.

'Lil Guy'
09-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Who's doing the valet parking for these back in sites?

jmgratz
09-14-2015, 04:33 PM

I will park your for a couple of hundred dollars :)

jassson007
09-14-2015, 07:52 PM

I thought you offered to do this?

LBallard
09-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Reservations made. Arrive October 27 - depart November 2.

jassson007
09-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Reservations made. Arrive October 27 - depart November 2.

What site did they put you in?

jassson007
09-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Just a friendly reminder that if you would like to attend this rally you have about two weeks to get your reservation in before the sites are returned to the park.

'Lil Guy'
09-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Parking isn't really an issue. I just get out, get a beer and let Debbie back it in. Is there anyone on site to repair or replace the power hookup and the water faucet? We should have our new Big Horn by then. Maybe I will pay to have someone back it in.lol

TomMar
09-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Andy - Marti just pointed out that I had not given you our dates, 10/29 - 11/1. Since it looks like there is plenty food on the Friday breakfast we'll brink a couple quarts of fresh squeezed HEB orange juice.

jassson007
09-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Awesome thanks Tom!!

VKTalley
09-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Parking isn't really an issue. I just get out, get a beer and let Debbie back it in. Is there anyone on site to repair or replace the power hookup and the water faucet? We should have our new Big Horn by then. Maybe I will pay to have someone back it in.lol

LOL, Frank!!! Malcolm actually has back a few rigs in in our travels across this country, once in Nashville, once in San Deigo and talked a few in. Most were newbies still learning how to handle a back in site.

pegmikef
09-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Andy - Marti just pointed out that I had not given you our dates, 10/29 - 11/1. Since it looks like there is plenty food on the Friday breakfast we'll brink a couple quarts of fresh squeezed HEB orange juice.

Ok good, I'll take that off our list then, but will bring the other stuff (butter, make believe butter, jelly, syrup, milk, tomato juice, etc.)

jassson007
09-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Just another friendly reminder that if you are on the fence about coming down the Bayou for Halloween you might want to make your reservation soon as the great pumpkin will be taking back sites on 10/1.

eka217
09-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Andy
My wife and I sighed up a couple of weeks ago for your rally. First time in LA. Looking forward to the rally. See you there. Ed & Kathe Anhalt

jassson007
09-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Andy
My wife and I sighed up a couple of weeks ago for your rally. First time in LA. Looking forward to the rally. See you there. Ed & Kathe Anhalt

Awesome Ed and Kathe. Can you provide me your arrival and departure dates along with your site number if you know it? I look forward to meeting y'all.

Thank you

pegmikef
09-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Andy, I changed our arrival date to the 27th from the 28th.

jassson007
09-24-2015, 05:36 PM
Andy, I changed our arrival date to the 27th from the 28th.

No problems Mike. Can't wait to see you guys.

jassson007
09-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Last call for anyone who wants to come to be in our group. You can still make reservations but they will fill up and you may not be near us. All sites go back to park tomorrow.

eka217
09-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Probably arriving around the 27 or 28. Site number was 144 I think. Ed

jassson007
09-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Probably arriving around the 27 or 28. Site number was 144 I think. Ed

Awesome. Can't wait to meet y'all!!

Kenneths
10-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Not in the club yet, trying to take advantage of the introductory offer but having problems, but we will be there arriving 23rd leaving 1st. in site 174

jassson007
10-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Not in the club yet, trying to take advantage of the introductory offer but having problems, but we will be there arriving 23rd leaving 1st. in site 174

Shoot me an email at andygrimes@bellsouth.net with what kind of issues you are having signing up and I will get you some help. I look forward to meeting you.

Kenneths
10-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Was able to sign up, Member number 863.

jassson007
10-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Was able to sign up, Member number 863.

Awesome. Looking forward to meeting you.

TomMar
10-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Andy - What is the cancellation time line for the park? We had problems coming home from Bullard yesterday and it looks like my truck may need a high pressure fuel pump. I am at the local Ford shop and they should be able to give me a solid answer later this week after a partial teardown inspection. I'll let you know as soon as I know. ..:(

jassson007
10-13-2015, 01:40 PM
Andy - What is the cancellation time line for the park? We had problems coming home from Bullard yesterday and it looks like my truck may need a high pressure fuel pump. I am at the local Ford shop and they should be able to give me a solid answer later this week after a partial teardown inspection. I'll let you know as soon as I know. ..:(

I would say atleast 48 hours but let me check.

alethaj
10-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Made reservations today. .....space 134.....arriving on Wednesday. .....John Bell and Aletha Jeter

jassson007
10-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Made reservations today. .....space 134.....arriving on Wednesday. .....John Bell and Aletha Jeter

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

TomMar
10-17-2015, 05:51 PM

Andy - It loookslike we will be able to make it.:) :o There are a couple of things that have to fall into place but it looks good at this time. Long story short, we have a new truck coming in and the Ford built in Hitch prepdoes not fit our 6 month old hitch. It is on order and should arrive by the end of this week. I will post details of this issue on the proper spot in the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Andy - It loookslike we will be able to make it.:) :o There are a couple of things that have to fall into place but it looks good at this time. Long story short, we have a new truck coming in and the Ford built in Hitch prepdoes not fit our 6 month old hitch. It is on order and should arrive by the end of this week. I will post details of this issue on the proper spot in the forum.

jassson007
10-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Awesome. glad y'all will make it as I know you and Marti both were looking forward to it. Congrats on a new truck??

'Lil Guy'
10-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Getting close and the new "LG' is about ready to go. So get those grits going. Should be plenty of bacon to cook for this event but that is a long story.lol Remind me to tell you what happened at the NT rally for me to have so much bacon to bring. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally. Breakfast extravaganza Friday morning I would assume is still on. Our 1st trip in the newest 'Lil Guy' and getting a little excited.

VKTalley
10-18-2015, 06:49 AM
Getting close and the new "LG' is about ready to go. So get those grits going. Should be plenty of bacon to cook for this event but that is a long story.lol Remind me to tell you what happened at the NT rally for me to have so much bacon to bring. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally. Breakfast extravaganza Friday morning I would assume is still on. Our 1st trip in the newest 'Lil Guy' and getting a little excited.

Frank, I hope Friday morning breakfast is still on....Debbie and I need a good breakfast so we can keep up with all the people coming to see our new rigs. :cool: Tell her that I will still be making my grits dish that she can enjoy with me. Are you going to need help cooking all that bacon?

Andy, Malcolm and I are looking forward to be on the bayou with you and Joanna! New Iberia, here we come!

jmgratz
10-18-2015, 10:28 AM
I was looking at the list of attendees and I guess it has not been updated as we are coming and are not listed.

'Lil Guy'
10-18-2015, 12:04 PM
I was wondering abut that list myself while trying to see how much of this bacon to bring. Always better to have to much. A little help, even just moral, would certainly be appreciated.
Debbie and I absolutely love this new BH ad can't wait for our 1st trip to try it out and see how it really feels. Looking forward to the rally and might even try to come in a day earlier.

jassson007
10-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Yeah sorry I have been lazy. Now that I have been working again it has gotten in the way of my camping and rally planning. As of today we have 17 rigs signed up to come so figure 34 people for the breakfast. In fact can we get a roll call on what everyone is bringing for it? Let's say we have it ready for 8:30 if that works for everyone.

I will update the post tonight with attendees and a tentative schedule. Since most everyone will be in by Thursday we will have a welcome desert and can decide when we want to go to Avery Island Friday.

Another question being that this is Halloween I would like to have a pumpkin carving/decorating contest. Also don't forget to bring candy as the kids will be trick or treating in the park.

jmgratz
10-18-2015, 02:21 PM
We will be arriving on Friday. Since we are coming in from the Coushatta it will be late morning or early afternoon

jassson007
10-18-2015, 02:24 PM
We will be arriving on Friday. Since we are coming in from the Coushatta it will be late morning or early afternoon

Ok. We will save you some leftovers. Lol J/K. We will still have a get together Friday afternoon as well.

Btw I thought about y'all last week, in my new job Coushatta is a huge account for us and I was there twice last week.

jmgratz
10-18-2015, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=jassson007;451776]Ok. We will save you some leftovers. Lol J/K. We will still have a get together Friday afternoon as well.

Btw I thought about y'all last week, in my new job Coushatta is a huge account for us and I was there twice last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Then I guess the 'deposits' we make there will help pay your salary. LOL

jassson007
10-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Yes sir!!

nander
10-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Yeah sorry I have been lazy. Now that I have been working again it has gotten in the way of my camping and rally planning. As of today we have 17 rigs signed up to come so figure 34 people for the breakfast. In fact can we get a roll call on what everyone is bringing for it? Let's say we have it ready for 8:30 if that works for everyone.

I will update the post tonight with attendees and a tentative schedule. Since most everyone will be in by Thursday we will have a welcome desert and can decide when we want to go to Avery Island Friday.

Another question being that this is Halloween I would like to have a pumpkin carving/decorating contest. Also don't forget to bring candy as the kids will be trick or treating in the park.

I will bring a breakfast casserole. We will arrive on Tuesday and leave Monday.

pegmikef
10-18-2015, 02:33 PM
In fact can we get a roll call on what everyone is bringing for it? Let's say we have it ready for 8:30 if that works for everyone.

Andy, Tom said he and Marti will be bringing freshly squeezed orange juice from HEB, so Peggy and I will be bringing tomato juice, milk, butter, make believe butter (for lactose intolerants), syrup and jelly or jam.

jayc
10-18-2015, 04:53 PM
Stella will make pancakes. We'll arrive on Tuesday and depart on Monday.

Chippendale
10-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Dolly wanted to make a batch of her famous Weenie Dog Bites in honor of Rowdy & Kaydee but I told her that Debbie and Frank were furnishing the bacon and sausage, so I will bring a dish of scrambled eggs and a couple of jars of Texas * Texas Premium Salsa for those who like salsa on eggs.

VKTalley
10-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Traveling Talleys will be arriving on Wednesday, leaving Monday, and will be bringing an eggs and grits casserole.

'Lil Guy'
10-18-2015, 10:20 PM
The 'Lil Guy's debut and no fried potatoes? I guess in the future, I'll start looking for rallies that Dave (Cookie) is attending.lol I might just buy a bag of spuds and drop them off at someones doorsteps.

No fried potatoes? I bet no one even takes a drink at this rally. I was going to set up my disco ball and open bar for Thursday and Friday night but I guess that's out too. I'm sure that Fireball is out of the question.

jassson007
10-18-2015, 10:40 PM
The 'Lil Guy's debut and no fried potatoes? I guess in the future, I'll start looking for rallies that Dave (Cookie) is attending.lol I might just buy a bag of spuds and drop them off at someones doorsteps.

No fried potatoes? I bet no one even takes a drink at this rally. I was going to set up my disco ball and open bar for Thursday and Friday night but I guess that's out too. I'm sure that Fireball is out of the question.

We will figure something out Frank don't worry. As far as the fireball goes even if it is just you and I, I think we can figure out what to do with that...lol!

jassson007
10-18-2015, 10:44 PM
So far we got bacon & sausage, juice, butter & other condiments, breakfast casserole, eggs & salsa, pan cakes and an egg & grits casserole. Besides the fried taters is there anything else we will need? Chapter will provide plates and silverware just bring your own cups for coffee or juice. I assume Jay will man the coffee pot?

jassson007
10-18-2015, 10:55 PM
Here are a couple links for those interested in playing golf, I have not been to either of these courses just wanted to put them here in case someone would like to put together a round or two...

http://squirrel-run.com

https://www.facebook.com/Sugar-Oaks-Golf-Course-313673931994568/

jayc
10-19-2015, 06:54 AM
You got it for the coffee Andy!

jassson007
10-19-2015, 06:56 AM
You got it for the coffee Andy!

Thank you sir!!

'Lil Guy'
10-19-2015, 07:26 AM
Sounds like the Breakfast is covered. Let me go back and double check.lol I'm sure I read biscuits and gravy with sausage in in it. If someone could put some of that cream gravy mix together, I could give them some crumbled sausage to add to it. Just a thought and a real crowd pleaser. On 2nd thought, I'll just make it while I'm cooking the meat if someone could bring some biscuits.
One good thing about these HL rallie is there isn't a shortage of good food. Getting hungry and anxious for this event.
Later and see everyone there.

VKTalley
10-19-2015, 08:12 AM
Andy and Joanna, what is the schedule for foods for this rally besides the breakfast on Friday morning? Trying to do some menu planning and having food on hand before we leave Nashville at the end of this week. :)

jassson007
10-19-2015, 08:32 AM
Andy and Joanna, what is the schedule for foods for this rally besides the breakfast on Friday morning? Trying to do some menu planning and having food on hand before we leave Nashville at the end of this week. :)

Val Thursday and Friday meals are on your own. I am looking for some ideas on places to go that aren't chains. Saturday dinner is the potluck and chapter will be cooking chilli and will provide bowls, plates and silverware. So plan on a dish to share (can you eat chilli?). Of course we will need Fritos and cheese too...lol.

'Lil Guy'
10-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Andy, where is Friday morning breakfast going to be served? At a campsite or in a meeting room?

VKTalley
10-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Val Thursday and Friday meals are on your own. I am looking for some ideas on places to go that aren't chains. Saturday dinner is the potluck and chapter will be cooking chilli and will provide bowls, plates and silverware. So plan on a dish to share (can you eat chilli?). Of course we will need Fritos and cheese too...lol.

I can bring Fritos and cheese, no problem! I can eat the chili if it is meatless or made with ground turkey. I can make a pot of chili that I can eat and can share too.

Non-chain restaurants for a meal out would be great! I'll check with my friends in Lafayette and see what they would suggest.

Kenneths
10-19-2015, 01:32 PM
I work in New Iberia so I might be able to help with what is around regarding restaurants and things to see. Here are some in no particular order;

Restaurants:
1- Landry's (Not the chain) Good buffet, never ate from the menu buffet always looked too good.
2-Boiling Point, Full seafood menu, huge boiled shrimp and blue point crabs.
3-Bon Creole Lunch counter, Great Po-Boys, seafood baskets and salads. (Note: only get a half Po-Boy unless you are very hungry!)
4-Poor Boys Little River Inn, Good food, more formal than the others but not overly.
There are much more if you want to go back to Lafayette and the surrounding areas, this is Cajun Country!

Things to see:

1-Avery Island,
A- Tabasco factory. Take a tour and visit the gift shops.
B- Jungle Garden's, garden and bird sanctuary.
2-Jefferson Island
A- Rip Van Winkle Gardens
Gardens, gift shop restaurant and views of Lake Penure (Google Lake Penure disaster).
3- Downtown New Iberia
A- Plantation Homes, too many to name, Shadows on the Teche is the most famous I guess.

Just driving around the area is some great sights for a relaxing drive.

Also please note that it is currently sugar cane cutting season so look out for slow moving farm equipment. Also don't be alarmed by huge clouds of smoke. They burn the fields after the cane is cut and it can look like a huge forest fire going on.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot to mention Cajun RVera has a special going on for those of you that can take advantage of it.

Copied from their site; OCTOBER FEST!!!!

-Stay with us from 10-23-15 to 11-1-15 for only$179.00.

VKTalley
10-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Those are some great ideas! I have been to a couple of them on the list. My friends live in Lafayette, so between them and your list, we should have a good idea what's in the in area.

Kenneths
10-19-2015, 01:49 PM
If any of you are in the oilfield there is a huge oilfield trade show (LAGCOE) going on in Lafayette at the Cajun Dome 10/27, 28, 29/2015. Our company will have a couple of booths there.

'Lil Guy'
10-19-2015, 03:23 PM
I probably make the best chili this side of Canada. I'll make some Turkey Chili for you and Debbie. I'll make another of beef for me. I enjoy cooking as long as DW does the cleaning.lol

osims
10-19-2015, 03:30 PM
We'll fry the potatoes for Friday morning

VKTalley
10-19-2015, 03:40 PM
I probably make the best chili this side of Canada. I'll make some Turkey Chili for you and Debbie. I'll make another of beef for me. I enjoy cooking as long as DW does the cleaning.lol

Thanks, Frank! That sounds great!

jassson007
10-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Andy, where is Friday morning breakfast going to be served? At a campsite or in a meeting room?

My site unless weather is bad.

jassson007
10-19-2015, 04:09 PM

Frank I will handle chilli for club and if you tell me what you need for turkey chilli I will get the ingredients for you so the chapter can take care of that.

jassson007
10-19-2015, 04:09 PM
We'll fry the potatoes for Friday morning

Thanks Bill!!!!

jassson007
10-19-2015, 10:33 PM
I work in New Iberia so I might be able to help with what is around regarding restaurants and things to see. Here are some in no particular order;

Restaurants:
1- Landry's (Not the chain) Good buffet, never ate from the menu buffet always looked too good.
2-Boiling Point, Full seafood menu, huge boiled shrimp and blue point crabs.
3-Bon Creole Lunch counter, Great Po-Boys, seafood baskets and salads. (Note: only get a half Po-Boy unless you are very hungry!)
4-Poor Boys Little River Inn, Good food, more formal than the others but not overly.
There are much more if you want to go back to Lafayette and the surrounding areas, this is Cajun Country!

Things to see:

1-Avery Island,
A- Tabasco factory. Take a tour and visit the gift shops.
B- Jungle Garden's, garden and bird sanctuary.
2-Jefferson Island
A- Rip Van Winkle Gardens
Gardens, gift shop restaurant and views of Lake Penure (Google Lake Penure disaster).
3- Downtown New Iberia
A- Plantation Homes, too many to name, Shadows on the Teche is the most famous I guess.

Just driving around the area is some great sights for a relaxing drive.

Also please note that it is currently sugar cane cutting season so look out for slow moving farm equipment. Also don't be alarmed by huge clouds of smoke. They burn the fields after the cane is cut and it can look like a huge forest fire going on.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot to mention Cajun RVera has a special going on for those of you that can take advantage of it.

Copied from their site; OCTOBER FEST!!!!

-Stay with us from 10-23-15 to 11-1-15 for only$179.00.

Thanks for the info Kenneth. I was planning on taking a group over to Avery Island on Friday. I also agree with the Lake Penure disaster, very interesting read and to go see the area.

Also those were the same restaurants I was looking at. Which would you recommend if you were bring people from outside of Louisiana?

Also, with the current statewide burn ban are they burning fields yet?

Being in the oil field business do you know anyone over at the old Smith Intl? Friend just retired from Smith Bits.

'Lil Guy'
10-20-2015, 04:54 AM
Not many people will want the Turkey chili. 2 lbs of ground turkey meat is all I need. I've got the rest of the ingredients. I'll make girls chili and won't make it to spicy.lol Good chili has a bite and an after bite. The 1st with cayenne and the second with Texas Buckshot. AKA ground dried jalapena powder.

nander
10-20-2015, 08:09 AM
I will make some biscuits. I can make the gravy too.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Kenneths
10-20-2015, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the info Kenneth. I was planning on taking a group over to Avery Island on Friday. I also agree with the Lake Penure disaster, very interesting read and to go see the area.

Also those were the same restaurants I was looking at. Which would you recommend if you were bring people from outside of Louisiana? Boiling Point

Also, with the current statewide burn ban are they burning fields yet? Yes, farmers are exempt from the ban.

Being in the oil field business do you know anyone over at the old Smith Intl? Friend just retired from Smith Bits. I do not think so.

See answers to your questions above, let me know if i can be of any assistance.

jassson007
10-20-2015, 08:46 AM

Thank you sir. I appreciate it. I will get with them and see if they can accommodate our group.

VKTalley
10-20-2015, 08:59 AM
In Lafayette we have:

Mel's Dinner (Lafayette and Broussard locations, Broussard location is divine)
Don's Seafood
Old Tyme Grocery
Chris's Poboys
Julien's
Cafe Lola (I would sell those people my soul some days)

Cafe Vermillion

Andy, here's a list of places from my friends in the Lafayette area. I asked them for non-national chain restaurants. :)

jassson007
10-20-2015, 09:01 AM
In Lafayette we have:

Mel's Dinner (Lafayette and Broussard locations, Broussard location is divine)
Don's Seafood
Old Tyme Grocery
Chris's Poboys
Julien's
Cafe Lola (I would sell those people my soul some days)

Cafe Vermillion

Andy, here's a list of places from my friends in the Lafayette area. I asked them for non-national chain restaurants. :)

Yes ma'am. I was trying to keep everything down in the New Iberia area. These are some great places to eat though if anyone goes out on there own. Certainly try one or all of them if you get the chance too.

'Lil Guy'
10-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Fried potatoes with biscuits and gravy? I may come in another day early just to work up an appetite.
BTW, Debbie said she will make the Turkey Chile because mine gets a little spicy.lol
Ready to take the 'LG' on the road for his 1st trip. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new members of the HOC.

jassson007
10-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Finally updated attendee list and working on agenda right now...

jassson007
10-20-2015, 08:45 PM
I have attached the agenda to the first post and to here. Also would there be any interest in a pumpkin carving/decorating contest? If so let me know and if we have 3 or 4 willing to show their skills we might have a prize for you...lol!!

VKTalley
10-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Andy,
Do we need to bring anything Friday other than drinks for ourselves?
Do you need me to bring Fritos and cheese, if so, how much?

TomMar
10-22-2015, 07:07 PM

Andy - I noticed you did not have our Arrival/Departure. Here they are:cool::cool:

TomMar
10-22-2015, 07:36 PM

Hey Kenneths, I was loooking at your profile and your picture showed a LM 365 with the red stripe paint pulled by a red truck. Our LM365 has the same paint scheme and out TV is a BART. If yous is a Fors we are really going to create some confusion. LOL Travel safe, we'll see you there......;):rolleyes:

Kenneths
10-23-2015, 08:21 AM
Hey Kenneths, I was loooking at your profile and your picture showed a LM 365 with the red stripe paint pulled by a red truck. Our LM365 has the same paint scheme and out TV is a BART. If yous is a Fors we are really going to create some confusion. LOL Travel safe, we'll see you there......;):rolleyes:

Actually I now have a white 2015 Chevy 2500HD, LTZ, the truck in the picture is the truck delivering It to the dealer but it is the same color as my last truck which was a 2008 Chevy 3500HD, LTZ.

jassson007
10-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Andy - I noticed you did not have our Arrival/Departure. Here they are:cool::cool:

Yeah I was in a rush the other night when I updated the list.

TomMar
10-23-2015, 12:15 PM
No worry I know you have your hands full.
PS - The truck came in and all trailer pulling components have now been installed. We are headed east Wednesday.

jmgratz
10-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Here is our schedule

Site 140
arrive 10/30
leave 11/1

jassson007
10-23-2015, 07:51 PM
No worry I know you have your hands full.
PS - The truck came in and all trailer pulling components have now been installed. We are headed east Wednesday.

Yes sir and today was especially busy. Just sat down been going since 5:30 am.

Can't wait to see new truck.

'Lil Guy'
10-24-2015, 03:17 AM
Yes sir and today was especially busy. Just sat down been going since 5:30 am.

Can't wait to see new truck.

Andy, what time did you post this? 6:00 AM? lol

jassson007
10-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Andy, what time did you post this? 6:00 AM? lol

Lol about 10:30 I think. Stayed up till after 12 and was back up at 7 this am. Lol

VKTalley
10-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Hey, Andy, do you need me to bring cheese and Fritos for Chili night?

jassson007
10-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Hey, Andy, do you need me to bring cheese and Fritos for Chili night?

Chapter will provide cheddar and Fritos. If you would like something other please feel free to bring with you.

'Lil Guy'
10-25-2015, 07:29 AM
Who's bringing the chopped onions? That would completed your Frito Pie.
Andy, are you going to have the ground turkey for the turkey chili? Let me know so I can get it before we leave.
Hope we catch some good weather there. Really a mess here in Houston.

jassson007
10-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Who's bringing the chopped onions? That would completed your Frito Pie.
Andy, are you going to have the ground turkey for the turkey chili? Let me know so I can get it before we leave.
Hope we catch some good weather there. Really a mess here in Houston.

I got onions as Jo eats them anyway. You buy the turkey and give me a receipt so I can get your money back to you.

'Lil Guy'
10-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Done deal and see you in La.

VKTalley
10-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Chapter will provide cheddar and Fritos. If you would like something other please feel free to bring with you.

ok. Already was bringing a dish to share. :cool: See ya in New Iberia on Wednesday, or whatever day y'all arrive.

navyAZ1
10-26-2015, 06:18 PM
Hi Andy, the Parrish's have had a change in plans will not be attending your rally. We will call the CG in the morning and cancel. If you had anyone who wants to get in we were to be in site #172 arriving 10/29. Sorry we can't attend but there's an issue we just can't get past this time. Sorry.

jassson007
10-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Hi Andy, the Parrish's have had a change in plans will not be attending your rally. We will call the CG in the morning and cancel. If you had anyone who wants to get in we were to be in site #172 arriving 10/29. Sorry we can't attend but there's an issue we just can't get past this time. Sorry.

Not a problem. I understand. Hope to catch y'all at another rally soon.

MCTalley
10-26-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm down to my last couple of mods on our trailer, we've pretty much gotten most everything put away in their final locations and we've put a fair amount of extra stuff in our storage unit. We'll be heading south over the next couple days. Plan on an open house.

jassson007
10-26-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm down to my last couple of mods on our trailer, we've pretty much gotten most everything put away in their final locations and we've put a fair amount of extra stuff in our storage unit. We'll be heading south over the next couple days. Plan on an open house.

Can't wait to see it. We will be there Thursday afternoon.

VKTalley
10-27-2015, 06:29 AM
Can't wait to see it. We will be there Thursday afternoon.

See y'all Thursday! We will be arriving tomorrow (Wednesday).

'Lil Guy'
10-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Getting a little excited. Taking the 'LG' on its maiden voyage. Get ready for lots of questions and ideas for modifications. We'll try our best to remember the bacon for this rally.lol See everyone Thursday afternoon.

jassson007
10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Getting a little excited. Taking the 'LG' on its maiden voyage. Get ready for lots of questions and ideas for modifications. We'll try our best to remember the bacon for this rally.lol See everyone Thursday afternoon.

See y'all Thursday Frank. Can't wait for Friday breakfast. Lol

nander
10-27-2015, 05:49 PM

Well, Frank, I had Dave fry sausage for the gravy and casserole yesterday. I put it in the home freezer and went off and left it. Now we have to buy more and Dave will be frying again!!

- - - Updated - - -

pegmikef
10-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Well Frank, Nancy may have forgotten the sausage that Dave fried, but luckily, Peggy didn't forget the Jalapenos!. For all of the early birds that will be here tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, we are going try some more bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers on the Traeger pellet grill so please stop over around five and try 'em out. When they are gone, they are gone and they went pretty fast in Durant.

Our site is 166.

nander
10-27-2015, 06:53 PM
Well Frank, Nancy may have forgotten the sausage that Dave fried, but luckily, Peggy didn't forget the Jalapenos!. For all of the early birds that will be here tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, we are going try some more bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers on the Traeger pellet grill so please stop over around five and try 'em out. When they are gone, they are gone and they went pretty fast in Durant.

They were delicious in Durant and I'm sure will be just as good!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

dlw930
10-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Well, Frank, I had Dave fry sausage for the gravy and casserole yesterday. I put it in the home freezer and went off and left it. Now we have to buy more and Dave will be frying again!!

- - - Updated - - -

Dave's following in Frank's footsteps!
Does this mean we're having sausage gravy for breakfast at the Kerrville rally next week???

jassson007
10-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Wow I hate I am gonna miss Mike and Peggy's peppers lol

TomMar
10-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Does this mean we're having sausage gravy for breakfast at the Kerrville rally next week???

Options are open......[emoji106]

TomMar
10-27-2015, 09:27 PM

- - - Updated - - -
Well I guess I can join the club, I forgot the orange juice. We will pick some up in Lafayette. [emoji13] [emoji15]

nander
10-27-2015, 10:29 PM

No...we're not going home first. [emoji1][emoji6][emoji13]

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

'Lil Guy'
10-28-2015, 05:29 AM
Tell me I'm seeing the weather wrong. Are they calling for 100% rain and thunderstorms Saturday? Good thing it's only 60% for Sunday. Our 1st trip out in our new rig and looks like a mess is in store. That's a long trip to be rained on all weekend.

VKTalley
10-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Tell me I'm seeing the weather wrong. Are they calling for 100% rain and thunderstorms Saturday? Good thing it's only 60% for Sunday. Our 1st trip out in our new rig and looks like a mess is in store. That's a long trip to be rained on all weekend.

Frank, rain just make it more fun! It wouldn't be fall camping with out some rain. :p Looking forward to seeing everyone, rain or no rain!!

Chippendale
10-28-2015, 06:37 AM

Look at the bright side, you can check for leaks and get that little chore out of the way early. The only thing for me that is bad about rain is the wet cocker spaniel.

jassson007
10-28-2015, 06:51 AM
It has rained at every one of my rallies so far so why stop now? Lol

'Lil Guy'
10-28-2015, 07:07 AM
Yea, that's one of my favorite things. Packing up in the rain to come home. Oh well, I've got Thursday and Friday night to enjoy it. Probably pack up everything outside Friday night. The weather could be wrong but they're calling for 100% Heavy rain for Saturday. The thunderstorms they're talking about are probably just some light hail.lol Am I sniveling again? Dang, I didn't want to get my new toy wet.

jassson007
10-28-2015, 07:36 AM
I have lost count how many times I have packed up and hitched up in the rain. In fact I did it this past weekend. Lol

jmgratz
10-28-2015, 07:42 AM
I rather it be rain than sleet and snow. That is miserable to pack up in. Besides, you can always do like I have seen several people do...put on your bathing suit and use the rain to wash off your rv. :)

'Lil Guy'
10-28-2015, 12:37 PM
What a great idea. I'll bring my Speed-o and wash the rig Saturday. That should draw a crowd. I wonder what would be wrong with that picture.lol Talking about a Kodak moment.
I never thought about it before but do you get a lot of water intrusion in the under belly when towing in the rain? If I just put it in storage and never use it, I won't have to worry about it.

VKTalley
10-28-2015, 10:27 PM
Traveling Talleys are here in Cajan RVera and ready for everyone one else (who aren't already here) to arrive!!! They had poppers on the smoker grill today and they smelled wonderful. I understand they tasted good too.

Hey, Frank, don't worry about a little rain...it won't hurt your new rig. :rolleyes: Besides, you will be having too much fun to worry about the rain...though I don't want to see you or anyone else in a speedo. :eek:

'Lil Guy'
10-28-2015, 11:32 PM
That wouldn't paint a pretty picture. We're packed up or so we think and will be leaving Houston around 8:00 AM. We should be arriving around 3:00 PM. I need to make sure we have everything.
Crown Royal. Check
Crown Royal Apple. Check
Cap'n Morgan Private Reserve Spiced Rum. Check
Grey Goose Vodka. Check
Various bottles of red and white wine along with various beers. Check
Looks like everything.
Oh yea, the bacon. See everyone tomorrow.

alethaj
10-29-2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks to Peg and Mike for the POPPER PARTY last night...(WED.)....it pays to get here early....good food...good friends....I love Heartland Owners members...

TomMar
10-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Marti and I will vote with Alethaj on thanking Peg and Mike. Excellent jalapeņo poppers with lots of HOC friends. Getting here early has its advantages.

Chippendale
10-29-2015, 09:15 AM
I agree with Alethaj and the Mangums, the poppers were great, caused me to have the best nights sleep in months. Didn't wake up until 7:15 this morning, very unusual for this old geezer. Thanks Mike and Peg.

jassson007
10-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Wow y'all need to reign in some of this fun y'all are having so you won't be worn out by the time we get there this afternoon. I am in process of getting ready and Jo is at work so we should get on the road about 12:30. Gotta stop and pick up a donation from our sponsoring dealer in Lafayette and we should be there close to 3. See y'all then

MCTalley
10-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Wow I hate I am gonna miss Mike and Peggy's peppers lol

Don't worry. I stuck a few extras in my pocket. Remind me when you get here and I'll give them to you.

jassson007
10-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Don't worry. I stuck a few extras in my pocket. Remind me when you get here and I'll give them to you.

Lol let me guess you washed your shorts last night too huh? Lol

nander
10-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks to Peg and Mike for the POPPER PARTY last night...(WED.)....it pays to get here early....good food...good friends....I love Heartland Owners members...

Ditto!! They were great! Thanks Mike & Peg! Dave even ate a couple and he doesn't eat green stuff! 😄😄

pegmikef
10-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Well, whadayaknow? A surprise final perk for the early birds, an awesome Frito soup lunch by Susan and David. Thanks much and Peggy told me that she would sure like to get that recipe!

VKTalley
10-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Well, whadayaknow? A surprise final perk for the early birds, an awesome Frito soup lunch by Susan and David. Thanks much and Peggy told me that she would sure like to get that recipe!

Tell her to see Susan as I made several photocopies of her recipe to be shared with anyone who wanted a copy.

pegmikef
10-30-2015, 06:56 AM
Thanks Valerie!

TomMar
10-30-2015, 04:36 PM
10-4 on the awesome perks to early arrivals. Fantastic food at David and Susan's

dlw930
10-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Tom, with the flooding today, I've been wondering about your place in Wemberly. I know you're in LA, but any word on things back in TX?

Dave

TomMar
10-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Tom, with the flooding today, I've been wondering about your place in Wemberly. I know you're in LA, but any word on things back in TX?

Dave

Thanks for the concerns. Our place is approx 200 ft above the river so we are high and dry. Reports from a friend say wind and rain but all else g ood

VKTalley
10-31-2015, 07:51 PM
Great time at dinner tonight! Wonderful food, great conversations, and fun door prizes! Andy and Joanna, y'all did an awesome job. I'll let others chime in on the chili that Andy made, though Malcolm said it was good.

Frank (lil' guy) and Debbie, the turkey chili was very good! Thanks for fixing it so Debbie and I would have something we could eat.

jassson007
10-31-2015, 10:09 PM
Great time at dinner tonight! Wonderful food, great conversations, and fun door prizes! Andy and Joanna, y'all did an awesome job. I'll let others chime in on the chili that Andy made, though Malcolm said it was good.

Frank (lil' guy) and Debbie, the turkey chili was very good! Thanks for fixing it so Debbie and I would have something we could eat.

Glad y'all enjoyed it. I enjoy cooking for others. Just wish I could attend one rally with no rain. Maybe we should hire out and attend rallies that are in drought areas and charge a premium to be there to end their drought. Lol

VKTalley
11-01-2015, 03:10 PM
The Traveling Talleys are set up in the Biloxi-Gulfport area for the night. Rained all the way here but nothing too heavy. Safe travels to all who are on the road today!

nander
11-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Good friends old/new, food and fun! Great rally. Thanks, Andy & Joanna!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

pegmikef
11-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks Andy and Joanna. Great rally and good food and friends. . . . and tonight several of us are going to have some LA cuisine at one of the local seafood places. Thanks again and safe travels everybody.

Chippendale
11-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Andy and Joanna, thanks for a great rally. The chili was super and it has been fun visiting with friends and making new ones. The next time we have a drought in Texas we need to invite you all over to host a rally since you seem to have rain making down to an art. Dolly says we have to come back for the spring rally.

'Lil Guy'
11-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Great job Andy and Joanna. I think we're going to start calling your rallies 'Rain Fests'. Great time, food and friends. Safe travel to all and the 'LG' is safe in the driveway. I'll put up a couple of pics shortly. Thanks again for a good time.

jassson007
11-01-2015, 06:57 PM
The Traveling Talleys are set up in the Biloxi-Gulfport area for the night. Rained all the way here but nothing too heavy. Safe travels to all who are on the road today!

We made it home right about noon and true to form it stopped raining after we finished setting up. Loo

jassson007
11-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Good friends old/new, food and fun! Great rally. Thanks, Andy & Joanna!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson

Glad y'all enjoyed it. Can't wait till the next one.

jassson007
11-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks Andy and Joanna. Great rally and good food and friends. . . . and tonight several of us are going to have some LA cuisine at one of the local seafood places. Thanks again and safe travels everybody.

Don't eat too much though Mike. You may not want to leave if ya do. Lol.

jassson007
11-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Andy and Joanna, thanks for a great rally. The chili was super and it has been fun visiting with friends and making new ones. The next time we have a drought in Texas we need to invite you all over to host a rally since you seem to have rain making down to an art. Dolly says we have to come back for the spring rally.

We are good about bringing the rain. Can't wait to see y'all in the spring.

jassson007
11-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Great job Andy and Joanna. I think we're going to start calling your rallies 'Rain Fests'. Great time, food and friends. Safe travel to all and the 'LG' is safe in the driveway. I'll put up a couple of pics shortly. Thanks again for a good time.

We had a good time to Frank. Hope Jo didn't scare you as she was hanging out the window waving at you. Lol

TomMar
11-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Great times with old friends and met a few new ones. What a rally 😆😆 Good job Andy and Jo☺☺

'Lil Guy'
11-01-2015, 09:03 PM
The Motley Crew

- - - Updated - - -

Need to add this one
This pic thanking the dealer for the raffle gifts.

jassson007
11-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Great times with old friends and met a few new ones. What a rally [emoji38][emoji38] Good job Andy and Jo☺☺

Yes sir it was interesting to say the least huh Tom?

Btw I found out my cousins place is not far from where that rv park went under water that the pic of floating trailers was taken at.

jassson007
11-01-2015, 11:26 PM
The Motley Crew

- - - Updated - - -

Need to add this one
This pic thanking the dealer for the raffle gifts.

Good looking pics frank. I meant to take one of the front of all the rigs lined up but forgot to while it was pretty out.

jassson007
11-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Sure is a good looking Big Country too. Lol

jmgratz
11-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Thanks Andy for a great Rally despite the rain. We enjoyed seeing and meeting everyone again. BTW it is still raining this morning at our home. Sorry we missed saying good-bye to everyone but we tried to get an early start. Hopefully we will see everyone in the very near future. BTW we stopped by Delta Downs for an hour on the way home an got some of our previous 'deposits' back. Sheila had to get her free Birthday shirt. Take care and let's "Go Go Go RVing".

alethaj
11-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Thank you Andy and Joanna for a wonderful Rally..the weather was not nice but everything else was...Once again y'all did an outstanding job...Look forward to the next time.

pegmikef
11-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Great pictures Frank! Thanks.

jassson007
11-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks Andy for a great Rally despite the rain. We enjoyed seeing and meeting everyone again. BTW it is still raining this morning at our home. Sorry we missed saying good-bye to everyone but we tried to get an early start. Hopefully we will see everyone in the very near future. BTW we stopped by Delta Downs for an hour on the way home an got some of our previous 'deposits' back. Sheila had to get her free Birthday shirt. Take care and let's "Go Go Go RVing".

Thought about y'all again today as we were up at Coushatta working again and then saw Bill and Ornel pulling in as we were leaving. Hope to see y'all soon.

jassson007
11-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Thank you Andy and Joanna for a wonderful Rally..the weather was not nice but everything else was...Once again y'all did an outstanding job...Look forward to the next time.

Glad y'all had a good time. Can't wait till the next one.