Ladder for the top bunk in garage

pro668

Did anyone receive a ladder to get to the top bunk in the garage? We just bought a 2015 4100 and wonder how to get up to the top bunk. Thanks for any input.

jeffdee

Did anyone receive a ladder to get to the top bunk in the garage? We just bought a 2015 4100 and wonder how to get up to the top bunk. Thanks for any input.

The ladder that came with my 3110 is for the loft. I store it in the basement. I bought a nice folding step stool for the bunk bed and any other need and store it in the loft.

DocFather

The ladder that came with my 3110 is for the loft. I store it in the basement. I bought a nice folding step stool for the bunk bed and any other need and store it in the loft.

On the 4100, the ladder for the loft is stored where it resides. It has a secure mechanism. Does not take up any room. Sort of a neat design

jeffdee

My ladder is a PITA and that is why it is in the basement. It is fixing to come out and go into storage in my home. I never use it. The step stool is more convenient and handy for any step up needs. The loft ladder serves no purpose for me because my loft is used for storage.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I too decided to go with the Step Stool. I did get a steel ladder but the kids said it was no go so one time I grabbed a step stool from Home Depot and let them try that out... and they preferred that, especially my daughter and daughter-inlaw, the boys still JUMP down off the top bunk. This is the unit that I now keep in the trailer for that purpose ( and it helps with reaching the top shelves too )

Rubbermaid 3 Step Stool
51XmWHo4ZBL._SL1200_.jpg

oscar

First I modified the loft ladder. The round rungs hurt the feet. I put red oak flat rungs on top of them. Then made and identical looking ladder for the top bunk. I think I posted pics in the mod forum..... will look.

Edit, here it is : //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/36286-Loft-Ladder-Mod

Riski

I have the step ladder, too. It comes in handy all around the rig.

I too decided to go with the Step Stool. I did get a steel ladder but the kids said it was no go so one time I grabbed a step stool from Home Depot and let them try that out... and they preferred that, especially my daughter and daughter-inlaw, the boys still JUMP down off the top bunk. This is the unit that I now keep in the trailer for that purpose ( and it helps with reaching the top shelves too )

Rubbermaid 3 Step Stool
51XmWHo4ZBL._SL1200_.jpg

We picked up or 2015 Cyclone 3800 HD two weeks ago and that was the first thing I asked about. I was told that Heartland doesn't provide a ladder for the garage bunk. I called Heartland and they told me they don't provide them for liability reasons. REALLY? Doesn't make sense as I would think there is more liability of having a kid (or adult) try using the dinette seat(s) as a step to get up to the bunk and taking a fall from that than providing an actual bunk ladder. Dutchmen Voltage and Keystone Fusion provide bunk ladders. IMHO, it's just a cost saving measure and excuse for Heartland to NOT provide something so basic as a bunk ladder. We ended up purchasing this at Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-Ladders-5-5-ft-Aluminum-Crossover-Step-Ladder-with-250-lb-Load-Capacity-Type-I-Duty-Rating-ACX-4/205144961 We also use it to get into the high cabinets us short people can't reach.

For our rear bunk in the garage, I picked up a telescopic ladder off eBay for only $73. Fully closed is 27 inches and is 12.5' fully extended. So it serves dual purpose. Works for the garage bed and for outside the RV. I thought about making a ladder, but I would have had as much money invested. Love the fact that it collapses down so small.

IronJ

I have the same stromberg ladder for the rear bunk someone else posted...we have honestly never used the rear bunk for a bed so I can't attest to long term usage...but I tried it out myself and it seemed like it would work real fine!

I ALSO have the 3 step ladder I keep in the rear bathroom. That thing gets used a Lot!!..

Toy hauler ceilings are way up there!!! ..and the upper cabinets and a/c quick cool vents too! Lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

beasleyrl

oscar

I made one..... There's a post on it somewhere..... three years back. Red oak and stain, followed by boiled linseed oil. It matches the interior.

Bones

I have bunk beds in the back and got no ladders so I made them.

IMG_20150519_174328.jpg
This is the first version for one daughter

IMG_20150905_185242.jpg
This is the second version for my youngest and she chose blue.

hboy1

I used the Stromberg ladder too. I got the 66'' ladder and ended up cutting about 4-5'' off. It comes with hardware that mount on the bunk that the hooks clip into. I like the ladder. It's light weight. Easy to move. Stays in place during travel.