Water Leak Question??

cgunn

From time to time we will have a wet carpet behind
the kitchen sink in our 3055RL.
I looked under the sink but can't tell exactly where
it is coming from. It may be a loose P trap connection,
but I'm not sure. Has anyone had this problem??
If so,tell me what was the fix for this?
It's not all the time,it may be just when we use
the right hand sink.:confused::confused:

thanks....charlie

SmokeyBare

Simple test to determine if a water line or sink drain is leaking...

Make a few wraps of toilet paper around the water supply lines and secure it by making a knot.

For the Drain, the same thing applies... but I would make several wraps at different locations... one just under each sink strainer... Others below the several connecting joints... last one around the lowest part of the Trap.

Where ever there is a leak... the tissue will be WET ! Shazzzam !!

ChopperBill

Our drain baskets were installed with the rubber gasket on the top between the flange and the sink. It is easy to see and the sink wont drain that little bit of water left. However ours didnt leak uour might. Very simple to unscrew the baskets and install the rubber between the basket and the BOTTOM of the sink. Put a little plumbers putty or some other sealer between the top of the sink and the basket.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
It find it very common for the waste water pipes to have loose connections. They should be hand tight only so you may want to try that first.

RubiconAg

Our pee trap tree assembly under our kitchen sink was extremely loose and on the second trip drained half a sink of water out into the cabinet below. It was a simple fix by just tightening up both drain connections on the sink. This is scary that they are let out of the factory like this.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I found a leak under the vanity sink in my 3400RE last week and after inspecting found out the black pipes attached under the sink were loose. I tightened them and it still dripped. Yesterday, Larry the unmechanic, unscrewed and removed them both, cleaned them out, and reattached them. Just for a precaution left a towel with a little bucket on it under the sink in case it continues to leak. I was thinking of putting teflon tape on the threads but was unsure if it works when both parts are plastic.

Tom of Ypsi

Just last night I started hearing a drip in our kitchen and found the incoming cold was leaking. I have been looking for a leak for a couple of days, would find drops of water but nothing was wet but the cupboard below the sink. I guess the water pressure decided to make it leak faster. Check all of your fittings using a wrench to just snug the fittings up. This has been my second leak, the first being under the bathroom sink. Going down the road loosens the plumbing and just traveling across 10 in Lousiana loosens everything including your eye teeth.