Slide out

Longshot1

Well I took the 5 screws out of the top fascia on my 21FBS. but was unable to remove it. I don't want to pull to hard but it doesn't seem to move . Then I called the dealer and they told me I had to buy this adapter my self. I told them I don't think so. So hes checking to find a part number. But just how hard do I need to pull to take this piece off the slide so I can get to the motor. Once again thanks for your time and trouble. Marty

M

Mcreech

Marty, I just talked to my production manager and he told me that they use pin nails to set the fascia in place before the screw it down. So you should just apply some pressure and it will come down....As far as the adapter is concern just call our warranty dept, tell them you didn't get it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Mcreech,
I have noticed that you regularly participate in this forum. Thank you.

While I do not own a North Trail product I do appreciate seeing factory input.

Thanks again,

Mark

Longshot1

With the 5 screws out the fascia just hung there. After finding out about the nails I started pulling. Well if finally came off. The pin nails they used were two inches long. Some of them came out of the fascia and stayed in the backstop, others stayed in the fascia. So I just cut them off. Screwed it back up and its just as tight as it was with the nails. I'm sure glad i wasn't on a trip and I had to do this. Why are there no instruction in the manual about moving the slide out? Is it a secret. (only Kidding) Maybe they should add this info into the manual. Marty

irvin56

Thanks for the info. I just bought a 2009-31qbs, Love the layout. But dealer had no idea them selves. I guess it's to new for all info to slide out. If's this info is right about having to take it off anytime you have a problem. I will look at drilling a hole in fascia and then I can but the tool in without removal .
THANKS YOU

Just bought into Heartland And I like the Forum. Loads of info in here for all types of things.
2000-silverado ext. 4.8 l.and handled trailer well. Unloaded except for battery and propane and 10,000 hitch set up 1,000 lbs bars Trailer wieght was 5,920 lbs.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
IRVAN56, its sounds like your truck pulls the trailer ok. By my 2005 owners manual you are at the max you can pull with an empty trailer. I would like to suggest you read your owners manual on the trailer and the gross combined vehicle weight rating. Welcome to the HEARTLAND family but we also want you and your family to be safe when traveling. All the best to you. Bob:D:D:eek:

irvin56

Thanks Bob+Patty. The Guys at Jack Carters in Calgary AB, Canada, told me when I was in for service before I bought the trailer. That I could pull 7,000 lbs with my 3.73 rear end and Auto trany, the way it sits with the hook up I have. I told them what I was planning on pulling and Did I need a cooler for trany. Every thing was okayed with them. They have serviced this truck since new. Do I believe?? yes. I told them they would owe me if they lied to me.
My owners manual also tells me the same
I Guess i will find out this summer. I am not pulling full time into and through the mountains. WQhen I do hit the road full time in about 5 years I am going to upgrade to a 3/4 ton

irvin56

12,000 lbs CGVWR

Bob and patty

I just got an e-mail response for GM Canada. They have my max at 12,000 lbs combined. I weighed my complete unit the way it sits now. I have 1,050 lbs to spare. I don't carry water and not a lot of junk. I will have some room to play with after I add my grub and some camping stuff.
Thanks for the advice, as I had to ask alot of questions to get a lead on who to contact for this.