PDA

View Full Version : Humana Advantage Plans

DocFather
02-24-2015, 09:49 AM
I am wondering if there are any on here that have Humana Advantage for their Medicare coverage.

MTPockets
02-24-2015, 09:58 AM
We don't have the advantage, but many friends do have it and really like it. We stayed with Medicare but added Humana supplement. We feel Humana is a very good choice. Our reason for staying with Medicare is we travel 7 months/yr and felt this was the best for us. Had we stayed mostly near Humana hospital areas, we probably would have done the Advantage plan.

DocFather
02-24-2015, 10:09 AM
We don't have the advantage, but many friends do have it and really like it. We stayed with Medicare but added Humana supplement. We feel Humana is a very good choice. Our reason for staying with Medicare is we travel 7 months/yr and felt this was the best for us. Had we stayed mostly near Humana hospital areas, we probably would have done the Advantage plan.

This was not my reason for starting this discussion, but when traveling, if you need to go to an Emergency Room, the whole concept of "Network" does not apply. An E.R. visit is always considered "in-network" and if you have to be admitted for medical or surgical care it is also "in-network" if admitted through the E.R. even if it is not a "Humana Hospital."

My discussion was more informative as to the Humana Advantage "Health and Wellness" benefits. I have been on Medicare for almost 4 years. The Humana Advantage plan I have offers so much $$ a month for over-the-counter items they offer on their website. The first year I had a $10 allowance/month. I never even looked at the website!! The next year it was increased to $35/month (OK - now I looked). This year it is $50/month. They have some fairly usable items that I find quite useful. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, allergy tablets, cough suppressants, blood pressure cuffs (not the high-end stuff but still accurate), lotions, Q-tips, cotton balls, "sharps" containers, first aid items, etc.

It is there for the asking if you know about it.

Bob&Patty
02-24-2015, 11:07 AM
I have it and like it very much. Most of my prescriptions have no deductables and mailed to me with a phone call. In 2015 I have more 0 $$ deductables than in 2014. Maybe all medicare plans have this now.

cgunn
02-24-2015, 01:00 PM
We have it and love it! My wife and I get almost all our Meds thru mail order for $000!
How many times can you say that? Plus $50 allowance per month for each of us for OTC Meds.