• Number of sites held: 10
  • Site fee: $$67.95 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: 0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 9/12/2015
  • Potluck time: 6 pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: codycarver(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
Come listen to the elk bugle in Yellowstone!! Wildlife viewing will be at its best. Grizzly RV Park is located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants in West Yellowstone.

1) Dave & Amy your hosts
2) Kevin & Henny White
3) Paul & Sheila Blackford
4) Don & Monica Ashby
5) Bil & DeAnna Haynes
6) Darren & Pam Davis
7) Jim & Meg Sommers
8) Mary Ochoa
9) Vern Orcutt & Linda Jackson
10) Martin Nielsen

Last edited:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow your rally is going back in time Dave? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

If we come to this shindig, will I see any bears? This could be a good vacation for the "Lil Guy'.lol I see you have only 10 sites held. My rig doesn't take up much room. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I can practically guarantee you will see a bear. In fact last year when we were there "evidence" was left behind that at least one was in the RV park during the evening. There is also the Grizzly & Wolf discovery center and of course the two million acres that make up greater Yellowstone and Yellowstone national park. Here is a link to the discovery center.

http://www.grizzlydiscoveryctr.com/plan.php

Hope you guys can make it!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Fantastic location. Wish we could be there. Enjoy and have fun.

codycarver

Can you tell me what's the weather's like that time of year?

Typically the weather is very nice. Cool in the evenings with temps in the 70's during the day. It can change quickly though and it's not unheard of to get an early snow but it's unlikely.

What are you worried about ...... it don't take much propane to heat that little trailer anyway :)

'Lil Guy'

You mean your rig has propane? We use candles to heat ours. We were going to try and go earlier but it would be nice to put it off till September and run into you guys again. Have a few cocktails and you could direct us on our sightseeing excursions.
Not worried about the bears. I carry bear spray to keep Debbie at bay anyway. She's checking her schedule and will let you know when we're sure about the trip.
Yall have a great day and hope to see you both again soon.
BTW, I may upgrade to propane. Probably one of those 1 lb bottles for my stove would work on a 25 sf TT.

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Just received our confirmation from Henny. See you in September, looking forward to the rally and visiting Yellowstone again. We will be arriving on 9/9/15 and departing 9/14/15.

codycarver

Just received our confirmation from Henny. See you in September, looking forward to the rally and visiting Yellowstone again. We will be arriving on 9/9/15 and departing 9/14/15.

That's fantastic! We look forward to meeting you. Are you planning on making a visit to Cody as part of your vacation plans?

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Sheila & I look forward to meeting you all as well. We're still finalizing the route and stops but our plan is to leave West Yellowstone and head to Rapid City via Cody & Devils Tower. Any suggestion on routes/campgrounds were would be much appreciated.

codycarver

If you can make it work plan on at least a couple days in Cody. We would recommend the Ponderosa RV park. Devil's tower is about a six hour drive from Cody. If you want to lay over some place the KOA in Buffalo is real nice and about half way. We've stayed at the KOA at Devil's tower. One day is plenty there unless you just want to kick back. The Black hills are worth a stop. We stay at Palmer's Gulch (Mt Rushmore KOA) when we go over there.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
!! Maybe next fall for us?? MT and other points west is our next upcoming trip. We're leaving immediately after the PA rally in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

RALLY UPDATE

Award winning outdoor photographer, Meg Sommers, will be attending and has graciously offered to host a photography class. To learn more about Meg and view her work follow this link http://www.megsommers.com/. Please contact us thru the Rally thread for more information.

codycarver

We are getting close to rally time. Last call for sites!! I will be releasing the remaining sites on Wednesday July 15th so, if you are thinking of coming you have a week to get registered.

dwpkdavis

We are late additions for this event. We will be arriving 9/9 and departing 9/13. Called and made reservations. Our reservations isn't 'with the group' in location. But, at least we are there.

Darren and Pam Davis
Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.